I've played with the HTC EVO 4G LTE ... Ask me anything!

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why the issue deserves any attitude at all. By all counts sense 4.0 is so toned down it compliments android rather than overrunning it. That comes out of the mouth of many android purists. I don't see any hostility in his response. Only in your reaction.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wiley_11

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I think a lot of people here are a little tired of being force fed "SENSE IS GREAT" "YOU WILL LOVE IT". We want real answers to real questions. I mean why open a thread inviting questions if you are just going to drill Sense propaganda in our heads instead of answering the question.

Newblood

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I think a lot of people here are a little tired of being force fed "SENSE IS GREAT" "YOU WILL LOVE IT". We want real answers to real questions. I mean why open a thread inviting questions if you are just going to drill Sense propaganda in our heads instead of answering the question.

First off, you don't "deserve" anything on here. This Site is a service that others are willing to provide to you for free. No one here has an obligation to answer questions to your wills and desires.
Second, save the drama. No one is force feeding you Sense. If you hate it that bad, stop looking at HTC android devices. Most everyone knows HTC android devices have Sense, so no one should act like they were blind sided by it.
Third, if want to root an HTC android device and put the ROM you prefer on it, fine, do what you want with your phone. I just don't see the point of you attacking someone that was trying to give you/me some perspective on how Sense overlays on stock Android. The only hostility I saw was coming from you.

That's all.

Liqidvenom

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
this is more of a question about the LTE service sprint is running. Do you know if they will follow the path of verizon and let you put a gsm sim in there when you travel to non cdma countries?

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
This might be a stupid question, I live in the woods of South Carolina and will be sometime before I'll see any LTE out here. Will you be able to use this phone with 3g? I have the original EVO and I want the new one really bad

Reactions: jalaazul

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the Sense hate - this is Android - if you don't like the software from the OEM - DON'T BUY IT. I don't see iPhone users hating iOS or WP7 users hating WP7. I also don't understand the love for Stock - like it's some Holy Grail. I think the bigger issue for most phones is carrier bloat - VZW has dozens of uninstallable apps - looking forward to my Dinc 2 ICS upgrade so I can disable/hide most/all of them. I happen to like Sense and HTC hardware (wish they would make the new ones a little thicker with bigger batteries) and I'm looking forward to ICS/Sense 3.6 on my Dinc 2 and maybe the Inc 4G (a nice variant of the One S).

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the Sense hate - this is Android - if you don't like the software from the OEM - DON'T BUY IT. I don't see iPhone users hating iOS or WP7 users hating WP7. I also don't understand the love for Stock - like it's some Holy Grail. I think the bigger issue for most phones is carrier bloat - VZW has dozens of uninstallable apps - looking forward to my Dinc 2 ICS upgrade so I can disable/hide most/all of them. I happen to like Sense and HTC hardware (wish they would make the new ones a little thicker with bigger batteries) and I'm looking forward to ICS/Sense 3.6 on my Dinc 2 and maybe the Inc 4G (a nice variant of the One S).

Amen brother:p

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
There is ZERO excuse for an oem skin not allowing you to uninstall bloatware. The only reason the situation is better is because ICS allows you to disable apps and oem's can't modify the base OS.

e.g. not being able to uninstall the trial versions of SoundHound/TuneIn that come in Sense when I install the pro versions I own, and thus having 2 versions of the same app on the phone, is insanity.

This sort of thing is why people hate oem skins. I guarantee that 99% of people don't know how to disable an app and thus will spend all their time with their phone cluttered with crapware.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

sprint lets you uninstall most bloadware

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

I don't see anyone force feeding Sense but you have to also realize that the OP got a chance to play with tthe phone e not take it home and disect it so he may not have every answer to every question.

stayinclassy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Since the Sprint version doesn't have the 5 pins for docking on the back will I still get the same cube interface that we saw at MWC with the one x on the EVO LTE (if I buy a dock that plugs into the EVO LTE)?

Last edited:

stayinclassy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just go to Best Buy & add a new line to a family plan (or switch to family plan). Best Buy doesn't require 30 days usage on a new line before transfer of the device; They will immediately transfer to your original line. Then hook up an OLD Sprint phone (crappie flip?) to the new line so that you do not have to pay any additional fees for 4g. 2nd lines are also free. Keep going to Best Buy for your upgrades & switch between the 2 lines to get upgrades more often!

Just an idea :)

Radio Shack and Target Mobile for the same thing. They typically have better pricing too, not so much on new phones at launch but down the road. I picked up my EVO 3D for half the price of what sprint is charging for the OG EVO

stayinclassy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I did this a few years ago, great idea however.... Keep in mind that the 2nd lines are no longer free. They did away with that earlier this year... I pay 19.99 per each additional line now. I didn't realize this until my lsat statement and I called CS to find out why my bill increased.

Your bill should be the same unless you have a discount. The old plan was $129.99 for two phones now they bill it as $110 plus $19.99 for the second line. Still equals $129.99 for the two but your base plan goes from $129.99 to $110 so the discount only takes off of the $110.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Phil,
IfAndroid 5.0(Jelly Bean) is released this fall?
Will the E4G LTE been in line for the update?

Last edited:

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure they were free? I for one can do without a phone coming with stuff I'll never use.

The Rezound came it at (Launch price)299.00 (With Ear Buds) with contract.
The E4G LTE will be(Launch Price) 199.00 (No Ear Buds) with contract.

I guess those buds initially cost you a C-note

Last edited:

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Your bill should be the same unless you have a discount. The old plan was $129.99 for two phones now they bill it as $110 plus $19.99 for the second line. Still equals $129.99 for the two but your base plan goes from $129.99 to $110 so the discount only takes off of the $110.

Yes, I figured it out.... Its not the same. I do have a discount and its 2 dollars cheaper than a few months ago. Either way, thats a lot for cell phones. But since I don't have a separate home phone I save a little there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt