Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213
Like Tree42Likes

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Default Re: I've played with the HTC EVO 4G LTE ... Ask me anything!

Quote Originally Posted by sdesocio View Post
    Phil. does the camera button take a picture when youre screen is locked?
    No, it does not. The phone has to be unlocked for the button to function.

Does it have an HDMI port?

Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!

Quote Originally Posted by weston87 View Post
    Does it have an HDMI port?

Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!
    No. It has a microUSB which you can use an MHL adapter in, just like your EVO 3D.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dinslow View Post
    does the new evo 4g LTE come preloaded with all those useless apps that you cannot delete? and i do mean useless, like amazon mp3, nascar, nova, blockbuster, kindle, etc. i have the evo 4g and its a really great device, and i am happy with my sprint account, but no option to remove the useless apps has made me think twice about getting the new 4g LTE, they really eat up the internal memory, and you can't even swing them over to a 16 Gb SD card. thanks for any reply in advance
    Its already been reported (here in fact) that there is VERY little bloat.

Only thing Sprint really forced was the Sprint Zone...where you then have access to download some of those sprint sponsored apps.

Hey Phil --

Thanks for helping us all out. I have a funny question though, since I'm debating a carrier jump: E4GLTE or AT&T One X...at the end of the day, which one can't you put down? I know they're both similar phones, but the white chassis and charging contacts are tempting me over the kickstand.

Global Posts
    1,090 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by irishman06 View Post
    Hey Phil --

Thanks for helping us all out. I have a funny question though, since I'm debating a carrier jump: E4GLTE or AT&T One X...at the end of the day, which one can't you put down? I know they're both similar phones, but the white chassis and charging contacts are tempting me over the kickstand.
    Be at ease, I will have a kickstand4u tm shortly if you think you need one on your phone

As of 11-22-2012, the kickstand4u tm is now available. Please use the Promotion Code without quotes "XDA" for nice discount and to say thanks to all of you! Please help me spread the word. I hope you enjoy the kickstand4u tm as much as I do. I will have another development coming soon made specifically for tablets of all sizes. I will post information about that here. Enjoy!

Link to info and where to order:

Link to picture showing kickstand4u tm mounted to different devices

Link to animated 3D rendering showing multiple views

Link to the currently available finishes
    Last edited by mouseglider; 11-23-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)

For all mobile devices - get one!
    XDA kickstand4u tm Review

Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
    Rock Solid and Perfect!

If I have helped you - visit my site - now that's a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by irishman06 View Post
    Hey Phil --

You can't put down the One X since it doesn't have a kickstand! Get the EVO! The kickstand kicks a$$! (The memory card trumps everything. EVO 1, OneX 0).

Hay phil does the evo have nfc like the gs 2

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Read any review or documentation on the 4G LTE and you'd know it has NFC

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MDteX View Post
    You can't put down the One X since it doesn't have a kickstand! Get the EVO! The kickstand kicks a$$! (The memory card trumps everything. EVO 1, OneX 0).
    +1

Kickstand + Micro SD slot + dedicated camera button + unlimited data makes that choice a no-brainer!

K thanks my cuz is a gs fan and trying to get me to buy the gs 2 but hell will freeze over before i buy another crap sunsung phone

Global Posts
    1,090 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by MDteX View Post
    With my kickstand4u tm, you can!
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)

For all mobile devices - get one!
    XDA kickstand4u tm Review

Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
    Rock Solid and Perfect!

If I have helped you - visit my site - now that's a new one!

New to the Android market, and I must say, it is a big step from my Razr, Lotus, and Lotus Elite. The only challenge I am having is trying to figure out how to get my new HTC 4G LTE to send my text messages to my Bluetooth Plantronics Voyager when my phone receives them. My other phones could do it with no add on apps or software. I am having the typical HTC, Sprint reps saying it is Plantronics challenge, and Plantronics saying it is HTC, Sprint challenge. So I am here to find it via you folks.

Search Here I Come....

Ok I'm a total Android virgin..I have beats audio on my phone but I have no clue how to use it. I noticed it came on automatically when I plugged in my earphones(not beats earphones) but when I unplugged them it went off and the icon disappeared. I've heard this feature is pretty awesome, I'd love to know how to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by bree035 View Post
    Ok I'm a total Android virgin..I have beats audio on my phone but I have no clue how to use it. I noticed it came on automatically when I plugged in my earphones(not beats earphones) but when I unplugged them it went off and the icon disappeared. I've heard this feature is pretty awesome, I'd love to know how to use it!
    That's exactly how it works. It's engaged when you plug in headphones or when you pair with an audio Bluetooth device (wireless headphones or car stereo). You can change the sound enhancer by plugging in your headphones and going to Settings -> Sound -> Sound Enhancer and choosing what sounds best to you. Note that in the upper left, there's a dropdown that lets you choose your headset between urBeats, Solo, or Other. I find that urBeats sounds best, but experiment on your own to find what you like.

You can also get to the sound enhancer menu from the Now Playing screen of the stock audio player by tapping Menu -> Sound Enhancer.

How do you turn off background data i had no problem with my first evo or the 3d please help dont like the ideal of them choosing 2 drain my battery and keeping internet running all day while working "i know i could turn my mobile internet off but want to be able 2 leave it on with out the background data running" thanks

Thanks so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by wess580 View Post
    How do you turn off background data i had no problem with my first evo or the 3d please help dont like the ideal of them choosing 2 drain my battery and keeping internet running all day while working "i know i could turn my mobile internet off but want to be able 2 leave it on with out the background data running" thanks
    Settings -> Accounts & sync, turn auto-sync off.

Is that what you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by kbp08tls View Post
    Settings -> Accounts & sync, turn auto-sync off.

Is that what you're talking about?
    No ...my gmail,maps and play store still runs i want to get so that it ask you if you want to run background data because even though i turned this off it still runs the background data on my o.g evo and evo 3d it ask you i wish i still had those phone jus sold the last week so cant post a pic but everything still sync when its not ...i think if iam able to turn it off completely like before i would get even more out my battery life
    P.s you can test this by using either phone and turn off background data then try and open play store

ROM
    Stock....for now

Evo or Gnex? I cannot decide!!! I feel so uninformed even with researching (has helped some), but oh boy so much info. So using both phones, which is preferred? or do I wait and see if there is a new Nexus phone coming out this year and go for that?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMostIncredibleHulk View Post
    Evo or Gnex? I cannot decide!!! I feel so uninformed even with researching (has helped some), but oh boy so much info. So using both phones, which is preferred? or do I wait and see if there is a new Nexus phone coming out this year and go for that?
    Tough call, really. For starters, there will be a new Nexus. Several manufacturers will design their own Nexus device. For that, I'd wait on buying a new phone. Sure, it will be nice for a few months, but when the new ones come rolling around, you'll regret it. The galaxy nexus hardware is kind of dated. The hardware in the evo blows it away. Personally, if you need a new phone today, pick up the new evo and wait for a jelly bean rom to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMostIncredibleHulk View Post
    You'd probably get a lot more input if you started a new thread.
    I'd say EVO right now. GNEX hardware is dated, no SD storage, display is not nearly as good, and it has a crappy camera if that's important to you. The lone plus I see for it is JB; reports are that it really breathes new life into the aging hardware. But that only brings it up to the level of the current phones temporarily until updates start rolling out from the OEMs.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213