Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

ROM
    Tiamat_Evo-v4 1.0+

Default Re: Thought process behind the redesign

iPhone 4s is the best designed phone, period.

All Android handset makers should take note. You cant deny how great the phone looks, it looks high quality compare to the millions of Android handsets that look like plastics, drab gray or black gloss bricks.

Only phone to come close, if not better is that white One X.

Since the top half of the back is removable, i'm hoping there will be 3rd party swaps in different materials. Unfortunately it cannot be metal but i'm sure they will come up with something. I really would kill for clear poly carbonate or glass. Who cares if it breaks if I can just snap a new one in

Quote Originally Posted by dswatson83 View Post
    Since the top half of the back is removable, .... Who cares if it breaks if I can just snap a new one in
    yup, and to add this;
    a replacement would also replace the camera lens cover, which is a big concern for the one x.
    With THIS design if your lens cover gets scratched, your camera isn't ruined...the cover can just be replaced.
    .... a better design choice IMO then every other HTC phone in the "one" series.
    function over form.

My only hesitation in this phone is the battery. I'd prefer to be able to swap it out or pull it to do a reset if needed, but I don't feel it's a deal breaker...is just not what I am used to. There's always a work around.

I'd also prefer the charge port to be on the bottom of the phone as well, and while Im at it...I'd like a real keyboard...my favorite was the one on my touchpro 2 with the tilt screen.

Personally, I can care less what my phone LOOKS like. Its a tool....a screwdriver. I want it to work.

I've yet to find a good on-screen keyboard that can truly replace a physical one. I'm really hoping for a phone with specs half as good as this one with a physical keyboard, but until then...this phone seems awesome
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12