Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
    A simple poll.

1. Are you a Evo 4G/3D owner?
    2. Will you upgrade to the 4G LTE? choices are -
    a) yes
    b) no
    c) waiting for GS III news (or other phones)
    3. Has the redesign affected your answer to #2?
    4. What other factors might affect your answer?
    1. No
    2. C
    3. No
    4. If it didn't come with a damn built-in SIM card so I could pop in a prepaid SIM when I'm abroad. Bad move Sprint!

Default Re: Will you upgrade to the Evo 4G LTE?

A simple poll.
    a) yes
    b) no
    4. What other factors might affect your answer
    1) Yes (EVO 4G)
    2) C
    3) Yes. I hate to admit it, but yes, and it's not the back...it's the overly-square/blocky look, which looks dated to me compared to newer phones. Maybe not so much if I get my hands on it as the pictures make it look bad. Also re-considering the need for the capacitive buttons. I realize most of what I am concerned about is not really part of the redesign, since the EVO 4G I'm using has all of those traits as well.
    4) Main concern is the camera which may sell me if the GSIII doesn't stack up. Also lack of Sprint LTE in my area. I currently have Wimax coverage, but am not even on the rollout schedule for LTE. Verizon does have LTE though. Also concerned about how fast upgrades (to Jellybean) will come if I don't root.

Decided to wait and see what the GSIII offers and more importantly, when it will be available.

Yes, Evo 4g. I relative new commer to the Evo community but hooked on the whole rooting and tweaking game. Remenicent of the early PC days.

2. Will you upgrade to the 4G LTE?
    Yes, fortuitiously I am eligable for an upgrade on July 1 as the last gasp of my Sprint Premier Plan. And my daughter ready has her sights set on my Evo 4g. Hopefully the mania will have subsided a bit and any serious issues will be identified and be fixed. I can then make a more informed decision and simply walk into a Sprint store and walk out with an activated phone.

No significant affect.

Its hard to imagine any other factors that will change my mind about upgrading to the Evo 4g LTE, but I am concerned about the lack of an SD card and only 16MB of storage space. If HTC was going to eliminate the SD card, they should have followed Apples cue and offered models with different storage. If HTC were to announce a follow-on version with 32 or 64 MB of memory that would be released relatively soon I might wait. The reality is my rooted and tweaked Evo 4g works really well and I am happy with it, so "grading" to the 4g LTE will bring some significant limitations for a while, that is the most exciting thing you will be able to do is switch between 6 or so canned themes, add or subtract apps and play Solitaire really fast. At least until the Android community has it hands on a few thousand phones and some time goes by. Then let the rooting and tweaking begin!
    Last edited by lmcdroid; 04-17-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanICS

1) Yes - OG Evo now on a 3D

2) possibly A but not on launch, interested to see how battery life is with real world examples, follow its rootability because I loathe the Sprint bloat, and to see if LTE on Sprint is better than their pathetic wimax in my area (1 street) where i live and work otherwise i may be jumping ship to a Verizon Rezound!

3) don't care much for the shiny top back cover and agree the OneX is a "better" looking design but i'll have a skin/case wrapped around it so I don't really care

4) the non-removeable battery is a big letdown even with a jump to 2000mAh...why they couldn't include a RazrMaxx sized battery is beyond me if you're not gonna be able to swap it out. SD support is great but that battery is making me wait and see what's down the line....

1) OG Evo 4G with CM7

2) Definitely will pre-order on 5/7

3) It's what's on the inside that counts for me. I would love to wait for the next big thing, but with technology, you can wait forever.

4) No LTE planned in Vegas for a while, so that's a little disappointing. However, I've had WiMax and it's quicker than 3G but sucks battery. I think 4G is a little over hyped. Especially with WiFi being free in most places. All I want it a quick responsive phone and this will do it for me.

1. Are you a Evo 4G/3D owner? No. I have the EVO Shift

2. Will you upgrade to the 4G LTE-Yes

3. Has the redesign affected your answer to #2? Not at all. I really like it

Tempted by the Galaxy Nexus, but afraid of Samsung Radios (GPS, Cell, LTE) way too many complaints on many of their flagship phones. Maybe if the GN has a great reputation after release on Sprint, I may be conflicted

Yes yes no I want it now!
    Evo 4g was such a good phone for me that I couldn't get anything else. I like sense repeat I like sense.
    The only thing is Lte availability IM in stl.

A simple poll.

a) yes
    b) no
    1. Yes, Evo 4G
    2. A
    3. Only in a positive way, I really love the new look.
    4. I'm pretty sure I'll make the upgrade, but I will make sure to try it out in person before I make a final decision. A lack of custom ROMs (read as: stock ICS) would also be a bit of an annoyance for me although I don't know whether I'd hinge the entire choice on that. Seeing as how I won't be upgrading until August when my contract is up (unless they want to hook be back in sooner with some deal at the Sprint store) I doubt that a lack of development would be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lmcdroid View Post

Its hard to imagine any other factors that will change my mind about upgrading to the Evo 4g LTE, but I am concerned about the lack of an SD card and only 16MB of storage space. If HTC was going to eliminate the SD card, they should have followed Apples cue and offered models with different storage.
    You do realize that the EVO LTE does have a slot for an SD card, right?

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

A simple poll.

a) yes
    b) no
    1. I had a EVO 4G and upgraded to a Photon 4G.
    2. c) waiting for Apple/Motorola news.
    3. No, the redesign has significant functionality improvements, which is a positive.
    4. Quickness of a Motorola to release a new LTE phone with a high quality screen. Apple iPhone release/widget improves in iOS 6.

I am not interested in the GS3 at all, Samsung has proved, for me, to be significantly inferior in terms of cell signal strength. To me, that translates into unreliable which makes it unacceptable.

I have quickly grown tired of alternate screen technology, LCD provides the clearest picture, so my next phone will have to use that.

The quality of apps and polish of interface on iPhone pull me in, but the lack of customization pushes me away.

I am very interested in hearing news from the Apple and Motorola camp, but the EVO LTE looks very favorable.

1. OG Evo 4G owner since Nov. '10

2. If I can get one on launch day, you betcha!

3. I actually like the design - I just recently cracked the lens glass on my Evo. With an Evo LTE, just get the cover with lens cap replaced.

4. As a former Sprint Premier Platinum member, I can't think of a better phone to use my last early upgrade on.

1. HTC EVO 4G, since day one (Are you a Evo 4G/3D owner?)
    2. Already standing in line (Will you upgrade to the 4G LTE? choices are - )
    3. No. But a dark face is a preferable border for the screen over a fancy curvacious white one. (Has the redesign affected your answer to #2?)
    4. The high-quality voice pick-up and noise cancellation will be important features to me - not sure why they're never listed anywhere. The camera changes as well! Also the larger battery enhances this phone beyond the One X. However, I am miffed that a phone with a name that implies it is = to my existing HTC EVO 4G, but has added LTE, actually is not. I waited "forever" for 4G to be up and running here and getting the newest phone means giving that up!? It doesn't make sense. (What other factors might affect your answer)
    Last edited by ollieg; 04-20-2012 at 01:35 AM.

ROM
    JOKER'S CM9 ON PHOTON

People I hope understand dat no quad core fone can have lte yet there not compatible yet

N.I.T.O K.U.S.H MB855
    NITO KUSH

Oh Boy Sprint is raising there T.E.P that will cost a lot of trouble for a lot of Sprint customer after all customer have been paying for 4G from day one and never ever see what 4G look like .... I can see lots of customer going to AT&T ...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123