How to... From 3D to 4g LTE?

alvarezjpr

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So I have an EVO 3D from day 1 and want to get an EVO 4G LTE (hopefully from day 1). Obviously, I'm on a two year contract and not elegible for an upgrade discount for another year or so. Does anyone has any suggestions on making myself elegible for the full discount besides having to wait another year? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jimbizzzale

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Add another line on your account, if you dont want to do that you can call sprint and possibly pay a fee to buy out your contract so you can upgrade early.

Jimbizzzale

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Or you can get sprint home phone service for 19.99 a month, usually the device is free but you can buy the device for 149.99 and get a upgrade out of it. The cost will be 349.99 instead of 549.99 which is what the evo retail price normally runs at.

But all these options will cost you more in the long run, and yes I work at sprint.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, you could resell your Evo 3D on Craigslist or Ebay for like $250 and use that to put toward the purchase of the Evo 4G LTE... Besides that, you'll have to open a second line to get the discount -- which isn't that cost effective.

Reactions: Melaza

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The Evo 3D will get the ICS update later this year, when no one will care about it anymore and they will all be screaming for Jelly Bean. But it will only be with Sense 3.5. Not sure what differences Sense 3.5 will have with Sense 4.0. Despite its shortcomings, the Evo 3D is a good enough phone to keep you in the upper tier for phone tech for another year.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The Captain is right. No currently released HTC Android will receive Sense 4.0 . They will all be updated to 3.5 if they qualify hardware-wise to be on HTC's ICS upgrade list.

jerseypimp

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So I have an EVO 3D from day 1 and want to get an EVO 4G LTE (hopefully from day 1). Obviously, I'm on a two year contract and not elegible for an upgrade discount for another year or so. Does anyone has any suggestions on making myself elegible for the full discount besides having to wait another year? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You can do the "buy up program" from sprint. You can actually buy up the remaining time letf of your current contract which would make you eligible for a new upgrade and new 2 year contract. My contract isn't up until Jan 2013 but with the program I'll pay $95, charged on my bill and become eligible as soon as it's paid. Call Account Services and speak with them and they will give you all the details.

OAN will the Evo 4G LTE be able to view 3d content on it because I read were gamers will be able to enjoy 3d games on it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12