800 mhz compatibility?

aristarchus

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry if this is already answered, but I don't see it in the specs. Is there any idea if the LTE on the Evo LTE will be able to use LTE on sprint's pending 800 kmhz bandwidth?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

oversight

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry if this is already answered, but I don't see it in the specs. Is there any idea if the LTE on the Evo LTE will be able to use LTE on sprint's pending 800 kmhz bandwidth?
CDMA yes, LTE no. Doubt we will see any 800 LTE (or 2500) stuff until next year at the earliest.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

CDMA yes, LTE no. Doubt we are going to see any 800 or 2500 LTE stuff until next year at the earliest.

xusxmarinesx

May 15, 2010
Visit site
My question is that sprint is releasing their lte on the 1900mhz spectrum or something like that then down the road they will be getting rid of their iden network for the 800mhz spectrum and sprint said they were going to move their lte to that spectrum. Will the evo4glte be able to switch when they switch?

aristarchus

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that was my question. The sense I am getting is that it will probably not work, bt also 800 LTE will probably not be implemented during this phone's lifespan, at least not universally.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Iden is supposed to be kept alive till the end of 2013.
Im sure in some areas with a large amount of IDEN coverage, and once the loading is taken off they can start to migrate some channels from IDEN to CDMA/LTE 800mhz. But i wouldnt count on it. Its more efficient to move them all at once then it is to move some at a time.
Once IDEN has come to its end of life then they can farm out the needed frequencys/spectrum to CDMA/LTE.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Will the new evo be able to read these spectrums or is it a phone to have a year and then it won't work as an lte device down the road

I'm no expert, but based on comments I've read on this site my understanding is the EVO LTE will only be capable of running on Sprint's existing LTE network and it will not be able to take advantage of the new spectrum of LTE. Said another way, I think Sprint will eventually have two "flavors" of LTE and the EVO LTE will only be capable of running on one of them.

Frankly, I think it's amazing this issue hasn't received more coverage. If my assumption is wrong and the EVO LTE will be capable of running on both LTE spectrums then Sprint's P.R. Department should set the record straight. If my understanding is correct, then sites like Android Central should expose this issue.

I think it's ironic that there are so many people excited about the two-tone rear cover on the EVO LTE and no one is discussing a major issue which may render the EVO LTE obsolete in just over a year.

xusxmarinesx

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree... this phone is going to be obsolete when 2013 hits and its going to be another wimax debacle. Why can't sprint get this right...I may no longer going to buy this phone and stick with my galaxy nexus

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
... also 800 LTE will probably not be implemented during this phone's lifespan, at least not universally.

1900 LTE will probably not be implemented during this phone's lifespan, at least not universally. :p

Heck still waiting (not really) for wimax here. Since Sprint is unlikely to have any flavor of LTE where I live before this phone is EOL it won't really matter to me, I'll probably still transition from my Palm Pre to this phone and Android when my contract is up.

xusxmarinesx

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm switching from Verizon galaxy nexus to this phone this is the only downfall I see with this phone. Also with the somewhat purple tint on the camera

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
1900 LTE will probably not be implemented during this phone's lifespan, at least not universally. :p

Heck still waiting (not really) for wimax here. Since Sprint is unlikely to have any flavor of LTE where I live before this phone is EOL it won't really matter to me, I'll probably still transition from my Palm Pre to this phone and Android when my contract is up.

What? "1900 LTE will probably NOT be implemented during this phones lifespan?"

WHAT???? Sprint is in the process of upgrading its system to Network Vision, aka LTE in many markets across the country with at least 3 or 4 different phases of operation to be turned on with in a year. Im in Dallas, TX one of the phase 1 markets. So im not sure where you are saying 1900 LTE will probably NOT be implemented is pretty far off. Unless your specifying your city or something. Sprints plan is to make the entire 1900 spectrum it owns into LTE, and add 800mhz for capacity and in building penetration.
Lets not forget it owns 51% of Clear, and if memory serves correct they recently announced they were going to start to overhaul their system and convert its 2.5ghz of WiMax spectrum to LTE spectrum.

Unless i am misreading his statement.. which is possible. Ive only had 1 Code Red Dew today. By this time in the afternoon im usually up to 3..

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What? "1900 LTE will probably NOT be implemented during this phones lifespan?"

WHAT???? Sprint is in the process of upgrading its system to Network Vision, aka LTE in many markets across the country with at least 3 or 4 different phases of operation to be turned on with in a year. Im in Dallas, TX one of the phase 1 markets. So im not sure where you are saying 1900 LTE will probably NOT be implemented is pretty far off. Unless your specifying your city or something. Sprints plan is to make the entire 1900 spectrum it owns into LTE, and add 800mhz for capacity and in building penetration.
Lets not forget it owns 51% of Clear, and if memory serves correct they recently announced they were going to start to overhaul their system and convert its 2.5ghz of WiMax spectrum to LTE spectrum.

Unless i am misreading his statement.. which is possible. Ive only had 1 Code Red Dew today. By this time in the afternoon im usually up to 3..
Yes. 1900 is being done first, 800 next year. And Clear is putting LTE on the 2.5GHz spectrum along with WiMAX. I think there's still maybe 3 to 4 years of WiMAX life left, but of course they will not be building out WiMAX coverage anymore.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure it has already been said it will NOT be compatible with 800MHz.

Think they said the 800MHz build out will start around this time next year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781