Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default Re: The official EVO 4G LTE Waiting Room

Was holding out for the Note. But I thank that its nothing but a whisper in the wind, so it looks like the Evo 4G LTE for me. Or maybe I could hold my Evo Veiw up to my ear and pretend I have the Note.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    I didn't even realize I could order a replacement screen on my own. Thanks for the heads up. Found one on Amazon for $11. I though my cousin was being a smart *** when she suggested I buy a new screen, lol.
    Check on Youtube. I'm willing to bet they have a video on how to replace a screen on a Evo

Pre-order 5/7.......

ROM
    Viper Rom ICS Android 4.0

I am currently on the Epic Touch 4G and am desperate to get back to HTC, dont get me wrong i like the SGS2 but I am missing the built quality of HTC. When it comes to quality, Motorola and HTC along with Nokia are top notch for me, when it comes to screen and camera Samsung is the best...BUT that looks to change with the E4GLTE!! I cannot wait for this phone to come out!

Has anyone ever pre ordered before? I have never done so and curious as to how that works.
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.2.2 Stock

Haha! Waiting room... It's like we're new fathers waiting for a baby to be delivered.
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Haha! Waiting room... It's like we're new fathers waiting for a baby to be delivered.
    Wait ... we're not?

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.2.2 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue View Post
    Wait ... we're not?

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Might as well be. LOL

Although, I'm still not sold on this phone (or any other) at this point. Don't get me wrong. I like it a lot, but if I get a new phone this summer it will likely be full-price due to my current contract obligations. I'm not sure I want to pay full price for this phone. Ultimately, the deciding factor will be when I hold it in my hand and see how it performs.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 04-25-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5

Unless there is a better deal than what Best Buy is offering for my OG EVO, I am going thru them.

I'm tired of being in the "waiting room". I'm ready to"be seen" with my HTC EVO 4G LTE.

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

So HTC releases a very solid device with a 3D feature and it instantly gets thrown in the "gimmick" box? I see how that makes sense....let's ignore it's other specs because it takes 3D pics.....
    icenija likes this.

I'm running MeanROM 4.0 (haven't flashed the new 4.1 yet) on my EVO3D, and I couldn't be happier with its performance and battery life. The Amaze camera is great and addresses most of the issues with the original camera software. This is my third straight HTC (Hero, OG EVO, EVO3D), and honestly I had thought I was ready to move to Samsung (most likely GNex) before I flashed MeanROM and got a new lease on life.

I'm looking forward to ICS and Sense 3.6 on the EVO3D, and that may allow me to delay my purchase of the EVO4GLTE. I'm not due an upgrade until February or so, so unless they allow me to buy out my ETF, I'm paying full price when I do take the plunge.

Decisions, decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by DC Wuff View Post
    I'm running MeanROM 4.0 (haven't flashed the new 4.1 yet) on my EVO3D, and I couldn't be happier with its performance and battery life. The Amaze camera is great and addresses most of the issues with the original camera software. This is my third straight HTC (Hero, OG EVO, EVO3D), and honestly I had thought I was ready to move to Samsung (most likely GNex) before I flashed MeanROM and got a new lease on life.

I'm looking forward to ICS and Sense 3.6 on the EVO3D, and that may allow me to delay my purchase of the EVO4GLTE. I'm not due an upgrade until February or so, so unless they allow me to buy out my ETF, I'm paying full price when I do take the plunge.

Decisions, decisions...
    Rooting is definitely a good alternative to upgrading! I did it last year on my OG EVO. I recommend to anyone who is tired of their current phone and can't afford an upgrade right now.

For me, I am ready and excited for the EVO 4G LTE.

Can't wait to get the new evo in my hands!!!!!

Played with the one x and one s and mannn I cannot wait to get my hands on the new evo. The screen on the one x was stunning and there was a major difference for me from the one s to one x. Although I did prefer the size/build of the one s.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ROM
    SOS-X

Counting down till the preorder date. Until then, I'm un-rooting tonight and preparing for the new generation of EVO
    If I have helped you in Any Way, a simple Thanks will do.

Pre-Order Complete!

Have original EVO 4G and have been playing with HTC Arrive...I like me some HTC!

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

I heard from a rep at the Sprint Store that they are buying back the EVO 3d for $90. All you have to do is buy a $50 gift card for the pre-order status and then when it comes in on May 18 you can apply the $90 credit to the LTE.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pteezay View Post
    I heard from a rep at the Sprint Store that they are buying back the EVO 3d for $90. All you have to do is buy a $50 gift card for the pre-order status and then when it comes in on May 18 you can apply the $90 credit to the LTE.
    Sprint site shows they will buy back the 3d for $90...and the old Evo 4G for $70. You don't have to preorder the new phone from them to have them buy back the 3d or 4g...

I placed a pre-order with wirefly for $149.99 free shipping, no waiting for rebate, no sales tax like I would have with Sprint/BB/RadioShack.. but still showing that Sprint will charge the stupid $36 "activation" fee separately. I will try and lobby to have that waived, but S has gotten tougher on all of these lately. Anyhoo...that works out to $70+ savings over the alternatives...my first time with them so we shall see.
    misc>Launch Day PalmPre>>Launch Day EVO!>ditto Evo 3d>>Ditto Evo LTE>HTC ONE

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

quick question... I have a family member who is switching to sprint and was thinking of having them get the evo LTE and then trading them for an older phone I have as they don't care about tech and I'm out of upgrades until October... Should work out fine right? Just like activating a used phone?

Did my preorder yesterday at Best Buy and now I eagerly await May 18th.... Waiting is so hard....
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dtg755 View Post
    quick question... I have a family member who is switching to sprint and was thinking of having them get the evo LTE and then trading them for an older phone I have as they don't care about tech and I'm out of upgrades until October... Should work out fine right? Just like activating a used phone?
    You should have no issues as long as the ESN is clean on the used phone.
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

OK do I need to wait to trade the phones for a day or what? It'll be 2 separate accounts that I'm trading between

I am going to be the coolest looking person with an Evo 4G LTE sporting nothing but 3G like its nobody's business
    Thanked by:
    six8 

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

dtg, no need to wait, you can do it as soon as the E4GLTE is activated.

Just got an email about my preorder through Sprint:
    "hanks again for pre-ordering the new HTC EVO™ 4G LTE from Sprint.

This revolutionary smartphone is available to the public on Friday, May 18. So we'll do our absolute best to make sure you get yours first. Soon, you'll have unlimited access to all the things you love, only from Sprint.

We're processing your order now so look for your shipping confirmation email informing you of the specific carrier used for delivery, as well as the tracking number on the day that your phone ships."

So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by revrob330 View Post
    Just got an email about my preorder through Sprint:
    "hanks again for pre-ordering the new HTC EVO 4G LTE from Sprint.

This revolutionary smartphone is available to the public on Friday, May 18. So we'll do our absolute best to make sure you get yours first. Soon, you'll have unlimited access to all the things you love, only from Sprint.

We're processing your order now so look for your shipping confirmation email informing you of the specific carrier used for delivery, as well as the tracking number on the day that your phone ships."

So far, so good.
    I got the same e-mail. Bet you they ship Monday and we'll all get it by Wednesday at the latest Thursday..
    revrob330 likes this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast