Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: The official EVO 4G LTE Waiting Room

Still waiting I'm checking every website to find out when the release date is I found that preorder is available again now but still no word on a launch date

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel11 View Post
    Still waiting I'm checking every website to find out when the release date is I found that preorder is available again now but still no word on a launch date
    I preordered mine within a few minutes of opening. They started printing and getting tracking numbers out last night , Mine didn't come in until today around Noon. So I would think you won't hear anything until they get all the preordered sorted out and then see where they are with the rest of the shipments

yea I never preorder it I just wanted to see do i have the options still cause it say out of stock on the Sprint website but it won't make any sense to preorder if the launch date is right around the corner

I spoke to Best Buy CS. Gave them my order and they told me that the date they had for release of the "BO" if you will was june 29th for in store pre-order. I sure hope that isn't the case. Not that I'm really need to have it but for something I thought that I was going to have already it seems that I'm getting a little antsy.....ya know what i mean?....

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Talking Video: EVO 4G LTE - It won't be long...

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEqVT4vWCA8[/YT]

Its coming home with me!!!

My best buy status just went from back ordered to: Order Status: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled.

My wait is over. I just got home from my Best Buy appointment... Right now it is charging, it was down to 10% when they opened it. That screen sure is beautiful...
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

man o man, I didn't preorder because I was pretty happy with my Nexus S and wasn't in any rush to upgrade, but yesterday the phone fell and the screen is cracked now. Now I get to join the legion of people needing an update rush and wanting this phone asap

man... man... still waiting to hear from wirefly... No news on the shippment date what is kinda unbelievable, that they have NO IDEA when they will get the phones.... I just dont believe that!

I ordered from Wirefly too and the wait is unbearable. I found myself wanting to give the rep a piece of my mind just to relieve my frustration...but really, what could he do? This is so messed up. So anyway, here is what the rep had to say this morning...

[/I]Rakisha: ok, so what are the managers or supervisors thinking the time frame may be? within this week or are they unable to say, because at this point it makes no sense to keep the order if the receive date is indefinite

Sachin : I would request you to wait for next 24-48 hours for the shipment.

Rakisha: are they going to overnight it rather than this 2-3 day due to this extended wait?

Sachin : Sure, I will upgrade the shipment to next business day so that you will receive the package within 24 hours.

Rakisha: I appreciate that, will that be change be reflected on the shipping status page

Sachin : Sure, you can check the status at www.whereismyorder.com.

Rakisha: ok, thank you. and just to be clear. are you saying that the phones are expected to begin shipping out in the next 24-48 hours?

Sachin: Sure, most probably the phones are expected to begin shipping out in the next 24-48 hours.

Did you see the upgrade for overnight in the orderpage??? They told me the same story, but I could not see a upgrade anywhere??

sent from my evo 4g using tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by alexwick View Post
    Did you see the upgrade for overnight in the orderpage??? They told me the same story, but I could not see a upgrade anywhere??

Nope, it hasn't shown up yet! If it's not there in the morning I'm calling them. This is the second problem I encountered with the chat reps.

I just got off of chat and they promised that all EVO 4g LTE backorders are shipping next day. My status does not show overnight.

Well I guess the wait is ova I'll see by Friday to be for sure

What do you mean? Do you have any news???

Quote Originally Posted by proxybox View Post
    I just got off of chat and they promised that all EVO 4g LTE backorders are shipping next day. My status does not show overnight.
    My receipt still says 2-3 days for delivery, but I received an email from the CEO saying that all orders will be upgraded to next day shipping.

I must say that I'm so far very pleased with this phone. It's quite sexy. Almost too sexy to even put my otterbox case around it, unfortunately i remember how many times i had to invoke my insurance with the Evo and Evo 3D so I'm being EXTRA careful with this.

The thing that I'm pleased with the most however, is the surprise that the battery has brought. I sit here 15 hours, 3 minutes and 42 seconds from when i took the phone off the charger and the battery JUST dropped to 20 percent!

This is with my average use. For a few of those hours i had the screen set to full brightness (fortunately i don't feel the NEED to as I have with other phones in the past), I sent quite a few sms/mms messages, played around with the camera a LOT, used bluetooth devices, couple lengthy phone calls to my family in IL, listened to TuneIn Radio Pro for an hour while doing chores, downloaded apps both on wifi and on the network using gmail and calendar apps a lot... and this 20 percent would probably take me another couple hours easily with light to regular use. HTC...Well done! I had 3 backup batters for each my Evo and Evo 3D and i assure you i would have swapped em once or twice by now. Tomorrow I'm going to see how it does as a GPS to and from Milwaukee (about a 4 hour round trip) and see how much of a toll that takes on the battery .

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I'm getting ready to switch to Sprint (long story...completely fed up with Big Red and never had an issue with Sprint in the past). Should I wait a week or so and grab the EVO 4G or are we going to see much longer wait times because of inventory, pre-orders, and waiting lists?

ROM
    HTC Sense

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeCD View Post
    I'm getting ready to switch to Sprint (long story...completely fed up with Big Red and never had an issue with Sprint in the past). Should I wait a week or so and grab the EVO 4G or are we going to see much longer wait times because of inventory, pre-orders, and waiting lists?
    I would wait until you know phones are in stores and you get pick one up that day. Apparently that should/might be this Saturday.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jpmciver View Post
    I would wait until you know phones are in stores and you get pick one up that day. Apparently that should/might be this Saturday.
    Yeah I called the local store here. They had no idea there was an announcement. But, he did say that there was no waiting list ... and he obviously had no idea how many they were getting or when. But, definitely waiting. I was more concerned that it would take three weeks or more by the time the backorders were filled. Even customer service couldn't tell me anything other than "two weeks or longer".

Should not be a problem. I just replaced my wife old Samsung with a EVO 4G that I purchased on eBay and it did affect my upgrade date and we are on the same family plan. According to Sprint each line on the a multi-line family plan can be treated independently when it comes to upgrades.

No preorder or reserve for me. Hoping I can pick one up Saturday morning. Need to upgrade our plan so I'm hoping an appointment will guarantee me one come Saturday.

My father, who FINALLY ditched his 7-year-old flip phone with AT&T Wireless and came to Sprint last December, got a shiny new OG EVO back then. I rooted it, put in a 16GB card and partitioned it, and he liked it. However, my dad is one of those who always feels like HE has to be the one in the family with the newest, best gizmo. Consequently, he wasn't pleased when he saw that I(!) got the EVO LTE and why he couldn't. I told him that I was upgrade eligible last July but intentionally waited because I sensed in the Force that a fantastic sequel to the EVO OG would be available. As usual, I was correct.

Well, now my father's telling me, "Find out how much I can sell this 6-month old EVO for and what's the cheapest price at which I can buy a new EVO LTE."

Any thoughts?

I just received a text from Sprint saying it will be in stores tomorrow.
    Hopefully, I'll have one tomorrow morning!!!

Wow. When I clicked on the link to come back to this thread, I got a Firefox warning telling me this has been reported as an attack page.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast