The official EVO 4G LTE Waiting Room

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
OMG! I cant wait for my new phone :)

First time i pre ordered was for the org Evo, now again for this new evolved beast of a phone.

Bring on my new evo Best Buy...

Long time original evo flasher first time poster here in A.C.

r1fo

May 26, 2010
Visit site
This sounds terrible, but I have a feeling that my work productivity will improve next week since I won't be constantly refreshing this page looking for shipping news anymore... :D

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a suggestion on the best way to transfer data from my Evo 3D to my new Evo LTE? I try to install all my apps to the sd card. If I just move that over, and reinstall my apps, will it recognize the same folder structure on the SD card and retain my data?

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This is crazy to have to wait. I really Liked my PRE and thought upgrading every year just didn't make sense . Then I was going to get the Evo , then not. Well My work day started not far from a Sprint store so I thought what the heck I will pop over see whats going on and maybe get it. Well it has turned out to be the Best phone ever so I knew I wanted this as I see it as the 1st real Upgrade (3D did nothing for me). So here we all wait , waiting for that Email and Tracking with Package Buddy on our Phone with it not knowing it's tracking it's replacement lol

Your story is very similar to mine. Loved the Palm Pre, but as soon as it became clear it was a dying platform and there were no new Palm's coming to Sprint I decided to jump on the Android bandwagon with the Evo.. Was freaking awesome. :) The 3D did not seem like a good upgrade to me either so I waited.. now that the new Evo is out I can't wait, my current Evo while a trooper needs to be put into retirement. :)

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm struggling as to whether to pick this up or not. My only reservation is that LTE won't be available where I am for at least 6 months. I don't use WiMAX a lot, but when I do it sure is nice to have. I'm using a Galaxy SII right now. This would be a decent, but not enormous, upgrade.

I'm lucky in that I am the only person in my 4 person family plan that cares about phones enough to upgrade. That means I can upgrade every 6 months on average and just hand my phones down.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have a suggestion on the best way to transfer data from my Evo 3D to my new Evo LTE? I try to install all my apps to the sd card. If I just move that over, and reinstall my apps, will it recognize the same folder structure on the SD card and retain my data?

I also have the 3D. Some of my apps recognize their data when reinstalled and some don't. My largest app is iBird Pro and every time it is reinstalled I have to redownload it's entire database to my SD card. Scrabble is the same. My book collection is on Amazon Kindle and all data is kept on tha Amazon servers so it will just be there. All my downloads, photos, etc. are on my SD card of course. All my notes are kept in the cloud using Evernote so no problem there as my data is already there.

When my new EVO 4G LTE arrives all I will do is take the SD card out of the 3D and put it in the E4GLTE and log in to my Google account. My dialing directory and info will then be automagically downloaded and then I'll go to the store and download all my apps.

I've previously made an Evernote of all my EVO 3D screen setups and I'll then reset up my screens.

Now I'm ready to enjoy my new EVO 4G LTE !

Last edited:

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site

I use MyBackupPro it cost a few bucks but is well worth it. i have used it 3 or 4 times now due to Phone resets. You can pick and choose what backs up and what doesn't

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure i understand the question.

When you sign into your new phone with your gmail, all your apps follow your account. All you have to do is load the ones you want again. All your paid apps are your's so you dont have to pay again. You can also upload your contacts to your sd card as a back up

Edit: I've been rooted for so long on my og evo that i kinda forgot i wont have titanium backup lol

houstonwino

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Edit: I've been rooted for so long on my og evo that i kinda forgot i wont have titanium backup lol

Yeah, there is a lot about being rooted that I am going to miss...especially that. I know that I will root the LTE eventually, but it'll be a while before get to see that skateboard.

nikiva101

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Im waiting..ordered my EVO from Best Buy...hoping to get it friday..I am a new Android user so, Im sure I will be asking plenty of questions!!

nyjamaal

May 15, 2012
Visit site
New post on Inside Sprint Now

Just revieved this email :)

HTC EVO 4G LTE: Cleared by Customs
by insidesprintnow

It would appear that customs has cleared the HTC EVO 4G LTE. According to the TaiPei Times:

"In a twist to the US’ import ban on various HTC Corp (宏達電) smartphones, the company yesterday said some of its products blocked by US customs because of patent-infringement concerns had been allowed to enter the US market after passing the customs’ review."

I have not seen anything internally yet as far as shipping dates, but I would expect to have that info either later tonight or super early in the morning. I do know there were several plans drafted based on when they would be cleared, so I'll get that info and match it up and see where we're at. Hang tight, it's going to be a fast paced next 24 hours! :) And who knew customs worked on the weekend for commercial stuff!

Thanks to about 200 people that sent me this article! I was out at brunch and having drinks with some friends on a lazy day, and had no expectations of anything breaking today :) At least now I've got some snooping to do.

insidesprintnow | May 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM | Tags: customs, HTC EVO 4G LTE, launch, sprint | Categories: customer care | URL: HTC EVO 4G LTE: Cleared by Customs ? Inside Sprint Now

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting I'm checking every website to find out when the release date is I found that preorder is available again now but still no word on a launch date

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting I'm checking every website to find out when the release date is I found that preorder is available again now but still no word on a launch date

I preordered mine within a few minutes of opening. They started printing and getting tracking numbers out last night , Mine didn't come in until today around Noon. So I would think you won't hear anything until they get all the preordered sorted out and then see where they are with the rest of the shipments

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
yea I never preorder it I just wanted to see do i have the options still cause it say out of stock on the Sprint website but it won't make any sense to preorder if the launch date is right around the corner

dubdrop

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to Best Buy CS. Gave them my order and they told me that the date they had for release of the "BO" if you will was june 29th for in store pre-order. I sure hope that isn't the case. Not that I'm really need to have it but for something I thought that I was going to have already it seems that I'm getting a little antsy.....ya know what i mean?....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37