Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Default The official EVO 4G LTE Waiting Room

Anything and everything leading up to the launch of the HTC EVO 4G LTE on Sprint.

We currently don't have a release date, but preorders start May 7 for $199 on contract.
    Thanked by:
    six8 
    six8 likes this.

Default Re: The official EVO 4G LTE Waiting Room

I am looking forward to this phone. I am currently using the EVO 3D. Thy phone is pretty good overall but the camera is horrible. The speakerphone also sucks. The camera on the EVO 4G LTE sounds great. I am patiently waiting (yea right) untill the peorders start....
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

I too am looking forward to this phone. I have been without my android (Samsung Epic) for the last month because I didn't want to pay the $100 insurance to replace when new phones were rumored for Sprint (using an old BB Curve to keep up; sort of ). While I have not done a pre-order before, The more I read on this phone, I think I will be making putting in my order on May 7th and hope there are accessories available to protect my investment. Can't wait to get back to using an Android every day....

Anyone know how upgrades work on Amazon? My Mom is on my family plan and has an upgrade that she isn't going to use because she only wants dumb phones and I just got her one on ebay for cheap. If I use her upgrade but never actually activate the phone with her number, is that going to be a problem?

I'm definitely going to get the E4GLTE.

I need to know off contract pricing. I'm a 3D owner. (The 3D is a gimmick, and I never use it, but it's still a really good phone. Best phone availble on Sprint for a while last year.) I want to get the Evo LTE, but I'm still under contract until 2013 I'll consider the off contract pricing and how much I could get for my 3D. Hopefully Sprint makes some contract change that allows me to get out of my contract early.

Another factor, I have to convince my wife that I need a new phone

I'm 99.9% sure I'm getting this phone. Original EVO 4G was great, EVO 3D (so-so), and I'll continue with this new one. I'm eligible for an upgrade June 15th. =)
    Sprint Galaxy S3 - rooted but still stock for now.
    Nook Color running CM7

I hope they do another buy back program as with the original EVO 4G, they gave me 200$ towards my EVO 3D, i would like to see that with my EVO 3D as well!. Any word on this? Either way i am buying this phone as soon as available!

ROM
    Kushdeck's ICS Alpha-5

I'm already on the bandwagon to get this phone. I'm an oringinal EVO owner and I did not fall for the gimmicky 3D bs. The EVO has lasted as long as it can and in June, its time for a new journey.

ROM
    Kushdeck's ICS Alpha-5

Anybody going to go pre-order at Best Buy to get the $50 gift card/discount?

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

I've been hanging on to my upgrade since January. I was set on Galaxy Nexus till sprint announced the new EVO, now I have to wait at least till the EVO is released. If Sprint announces something else during this waiting period, I may change my mind again.

I'd prefer qwerty keyboard device. For now though, EVO LTE is my next phone.

Quote Originally Posted by dadavises View Post
    I was planning on using this option as well. I cant remember, did they send an email verifying that you got the $50 discount? I cant find anything anywhere on mine.

I am in!!!

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Crushermaxx View Post
    I was planning on using this option as well. I cant remember, did they send an email verifying that you got the $50 discount? I cant find anything anywhere on mine.
    I jusst saved the text message they sent me. I don't recall seeing an e-mail either. I think it's an after purchase gift card tho, so you would have to buy something else to use it.

I believe I'll be pre ordering from Sprint on May 7th, I did Best Buy before though so who knows...any cases out there yet? Been googling every day with nothing...Hoping they released the phone to case mfgs so they can get at least something out for us on the first day, Id hate to go without anything on the phone...Pretty rough on them lol

***Disregard any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

Ready to pop my Android cherry on this one. My car broke down last November so I had to wait on the Galaxy SII. It's been a long time coming!

ROM
    Stock

Default Pre-ordering at Best Buy

Quote Originally Posted by dadavises View Post
    I'm pre-ordering at Best Buy but not for the $50 gift card(although I will happily take it) but because I like the insurance Best Buy offers better than the Sprint Insurance.
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by EvoTastic View Post
    I'm pre-ordering at Best Buy but not for the $50 gift card(although I will happily take it) but because I like the insurance Best Buy offers better than the Sprint Insurance.
    I had issues with Best Buys insurance right after I got my EVO...Don't remember the exact issues though...hmmmm

***Disregard any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

I am in.

I've had my Evo since day one and was considering getting the Samsung Galaxy, but than I heard the announcement about the new Evo coming to Sprint...I'm in. Definitely can't wait until the phone comes out since my screen recently shattered. No trade in dollars for me And I took off the insurance. Well, I wasn't shelling out that $100 deductible when I have to kick out another $200 for the phone. With the screen protector, I can hold it together until the release date.
    MisterKevin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    I've had my Evo since day one and was considering getting the Samsung Galaxy, but than I heard the announcement about the new Evo coming to Sprint...I'm in. Definitely can't wait until the phone comes out since my screen recently shattered. No trade in dollars for me And I took off the insurance. Well, I wasn't shelling out that $100 deductible when I have to kick out another $200 for the phone. With the screen protector, I can hold it together until the release date.
    Or you can buy a replacement screen, open up the phone, and replace it yourself. (Probably, I know it's relatively easy on some phones, but I never looked into doing it on the Evo.)
    Thanked by:

I want this phone too. It's odd - the design issues are really affecting people. For me the effect was a realization that I've kept my EVO 4G all locked up in an otter box. I don't even know its real shape or texture anymore. I'm thinking that when I do get this new signature EVO, I don't want it to stay hidden from sight this time around. I want to know this design that a whole team of designers put their hearts into. I want to feel the textures, the slimmness, the flaunting of the red kickstand by my ear!
    Last edited by ollieg; 04-11-2012 at 08:57 AM.
    Thanked by:
    donntiger likes this.

Well I had the Evo and then Sprint got the iPhone. It's a good phone an Siri is awesome, but it's boring. So come May 7th I am preordering as my contract is coming up. Cannot wait for this. I miss the original Evo, but not the battery. Lol.

This will be my 3rd straight HTC phone which includes the Hero and my current OG EVO. I will be honest and say that I was all into the Samsung GS3 hype, and the Sprint GNex, but I am going all-in for the new EVO. I've got a real good feeling that I will not regret getting this phone, hopefully in early June.

Quote Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
    Or you can buy a replacement screen, open up the phone, and replace it yourself. (Probably, I know it's relatively easy on some phones, but I never looked into doing it on the Evo.)
    I didn't even realize I could order a replacement screen on my own. Thanks for the heads up. Found one on Amazon for $11. I though my cousin was being a smart *** when she suggested I buy a new screen, lol.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I am most certainly getting the new EVO. I have an EVO 3D now. It has been great up until the past month or 2 where it has been glitchy. Otherwise it was an awesome phone, super fast and solid construction. Idk where people are getting off saying the OG EVO is much better than the 3D. give me a break! the current EVO is much faster all around and has Much better battery life. Id take the 3D over the 4G all day everyday... Just to brag a bit; i have friend who works for Sprint as a sales associate. He gets an upgrade every 6 months and is going to let me use his cuz i don't get my next one for another year. Cheap EVO 4G LTE here i come !
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast