Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Buy vs. Sprint vs. Wirefly vs. Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by EvoTastic View Post
    Just another reason to go with Best Buy $9.99 insurance.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...-lte-goes-live
    how much is bestbuy detuctible? for me, i really don't see a point to get insurance anymore. with monthly fees and detuctible, you pay about the same price for an used phone. why pay into an insurance plan that you might not even use?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by klau25 View Post
    how much is bestbuy detuctible? for me, i really don't see a point to get insurance anymore. with monthly fees and detuctible, you pay about the same price for an used phone. why pay into an insurance plan that you might not even use?
    No deductible.
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvoTastic View Post
    No deductible.
    not bad, still don't like paying something that i might never use, but i guess that's better than sprint's insurance. i am just not big into buying insurance, heard too many horrible stories about best buy not honoring it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by klau25 View Post
    not bad, still don't like paying something that i might never use, but i guess that's better than sprint's insurance. i am just not big into buying insurance, heard too many horrible stories about best buy not honoring it.
    You can always not have insurance. Here is how I look at it. When I decided to sell my current phone I will take it in and get a replacement. Best Buy doesn't fix your phone. They replace it. Another benefit of going with Best Buy insurance.

And with Sprint changing their insurance fees per/mo from the $8/ or whatever it is per month it is at right now.... to $11/mo in June of this year for LTE phones over $549 ... I just may take a nice look at Best Buy's insurance plan indeed
    Last edited by TrueDrooid; 04-19-2012 at 03:21 PM.

ROM
    Venom, Gummy

Anyone know if you pay tax on the true "Value" of an item if you buy it online from sprint? I was just looking online and noticed that the pre-order page for the E4gLTE states that "On May 7, call dibs on an HTC EVO 4G LTE. Only online, you can pre-order your EVO 4G LTE and we'll do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse."....If I can get it a little sooner than that will be awesome

4G LTE is coming to Sprint in 2012

Just got off the phone with Best buy and they are taking reservations currently...(New news to me lol)

OK so where can I confirm the extra $50 gift card for the EVO trade in? I have heard it runs through the end of May and if the EVO drops by then I might get it over the gnex.

ROM
    Venom, Gummy

Looks like I was told false info. Went down to reserve and they mixed up the Galaxy Nexus for the Evo 4GLTE. More waiting

Quote Originally Posted by dhoshman View Post
    Anyone know if you pay tax on the true "Value" of an item if you buy it online from sprint? I was just looking online and noticed that the pre-order page for the E4gLTE states that "On May 7, call dibs on an HTC EVO 4G LTE. Only online, you can pre-order your EVO 4G LTE and we'll do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse."....If I can get it a little sooner than that will be awesome

4G LTE is coming to Sprint in 2012

Just got off the phone with Best buy and they are taking reservations currently...(New news to me lol)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dhoshman View Post
    Looks like I was told false info. Went down to reserve and they mixed up the Galaxy Nexus for the Evo 4GLTE. More waiting
    They are going to start taking orders on May 7th same as Sprint
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    8,105 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Best buy has excellent insurance. The only time they won't honor the insurance is if you lose the device. Other than that, take it in and it will be fixed or replaced with virtually no questions asked. I purchased my epic 4g touch from Amazon but may look to Best buy in the future just because of their insurance policy.

Wherever I can get it for the cheapest full retail price. Amazon and Best Buy seem cheap usually but their full price always seems higher than directly through Sprint. My guess is I will buy it directly from Sprint.

My experience has been that, as long as Sprint does the 'instant' rebate vs a mail in, Sprint usually comes out the cheapest and fastest delivery of newly released hardware. Mail in rebate...just forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfreak View Post
    OK so where can I confirm the extra $50 gift card for the EVO trade in? I have heard it runs through the end of May and if the EVO drops by then I might get it over the gnex.
    You can confirm it on the Best Buy Mobile site.
    Thanked by:
    kablewy likes this.

What is normaly the fastest way to get the phone? I am leaving the 18th on a trip and i would like to be able to pick it up before i go.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_molg View Post
    What is normaly the fastest way to get the phone? I am leaving the 18th on a trip and i would like to be able to pick it up before i go.
    I would assume preorder from Sprint. But we still don't know the official release date. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by smc333 View Post
    Best Buy... I got my 50$ discount from the promotion they had going a few months back for any upgrade in 2012... Thrn turning in my og evo for 50 gift card and 50 cash. Getting my EVO LTE for 50$ + Tax
    I was told this would not work when I was looking to get a Nexus. They said because the extra 50 for the EVO can not work with other promotions that only the phone freedom or bonus trade in will apply and will not stack. Plus it only runs through the 5th anyways.

I just called the Best Buy number for the Mobile Freedom plan (1-877-702-2211, just the general Best Buy Mobile number) and spoke with two different people that confirmed the following:

1. The offer for $50 is good until the end of 2012
    2. The offer should stack with the "Buy-Back" program if both are used at the time of the purchase.
    3. The offer can be used on the EVO LTE and Galaxy Nexus.

I am going to use both the Mobile Freedom offer and the "Buy-Back" program at Best Buy to buy the EVO LTE. I also signed up my wife for the Mobile Freedom offer and I will probably buy out her contract through Sprint for around $150 to get her on an EVO LTE, as well.

Marrow
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by marrow View Post
    I just called the Best Buy number for the Mobile Freedom plan (1-877-702-2211, just the general Best Buy Mobile number) and spoke with two different people that confirmed the following:

1. The offer for $50 is good until the end of 2012
    2. The offer should stack with the "Buy-Back" program if both are used at the time of the purchase.
    3. The offer can be used on the EVO LTE and Galaxy Nexus.

I am going to use both the Mobile Freedom offer and the "Buy-Back" program at Best Buy to buy the EVO LTE. I also signed up my wife for the Mobile Freedom offer and I will probably buy out her contract through Sprint for around $150 to get her on an EVO LTE, as well.

Marrow
    Did they tell you how long the buy back program was being used for? As the ad in my local store says the 5th of May which is before they even start taking pre-orders.

Update to my previous post:

I spoke with a Best Buy Mobile representative at the store nearest to me (Houston, TX area) and he told me the following:

1. He could neither confirm nor deny the May 7th pre-order date for the EVO LTE at his store.

2. He said that I could use the "Trade-in" program for my good conditioned OG EVO 4G and get a $50 gift card that could be used toward the purchase of the EVO LTE. He also said that the material he had said that this offer should be available through the month of May.

3. He said HTC had a secondary "Trade-in" program for any HTC product and you get a $50 credit (not a gift card) when you move from one HTC product to another. He also said that this would not expire through May.

4. He said that the Mobile Freedom program would stack with #2 and #3. In my case, that would mean $150 off the $200 contract renewal price.

Just a note, when I said "Buy-Back" program in my previous post, I acutally meant the "Trade-In" prgram. I believe the "Buy-Back" is where you paid an upfront "insurance" amount to protect the future value of your product. I did not ask the store rep or the people on the Best Buy Mobile number about the "Buy-Back" program. My mistake.
    Thanked by:

Sprint is offering $70 buyback for the OG EVO 4G, but it looks as if Best Buy will save me the most money. I didn't sign up for Mobile Freedom, but I still should qualify for the $50 EVO Trade-In plus $50 BB Gift Card. I'm cool with paying $100.

Anybody else know of a better deal with the other retailers?

Hmm.. I bought an EVO 4G for 75 bucks.. if I can get $100 at Best Buy in total that might be the way to go, and I might keep my Evo 3D on hand as a backup for fun (3D movies and playing around with possible eventual ICS ROMs)

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marrow View Post
    Update to my previous post:

I spoke with a Best Buy Mobile representative at the store nearest to me (Houston, TX area) and he told me the following:

1. He could neither confirm nor deny the May 7th pre-order date for the EVO LTE at his store.

2. He said that I could use the "Trade-in" program for my good conditioned OG EVO 4G and get a $50 gift card that could be used toward the purchase of the EVO LTE. He also said that the material he had said that this offer should be available through the month of May.

3. He said HTC had a secondary "Trade-in" program for any HTC product and you get a $50 credit (not a gift card) when you move from one HTC product to another. He also said that this would not expire through May.

4. He said that the Mobile Freedom program would stack with #2 and #3. In my case, that would mean $150 off the $200 contract renewal price.
    I called Best Buy Mobile today and was told the exact same thing. Both offers are stackable. I'll probably call again later just to verify, but the thought of only paying $49.99 for the new EVO has me very happy. I now will have extra loot to buy the MediaLink!

Now I am torn where to order from. If I can pick it up at Sprint or Best Buy than woohoo. Shipping from Sprint I would have to have it shipped to work cause of they ship it home I gotta drive 30 min to the central ups location.

I'm confused...If I am good for an upgrade, what will I have to pay without using any of the trade ins and so on...?

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDipshizz View Post
    I'm confused...If I am good for an upgrade, what will I have to pay without using any of the trade ins and so on...?

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***
    Should be $199.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast