Best Buy vs. Sprint vs. Wirefly vs. Amazon

dhoshman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Would love to buy from Amazon but I don't think they will have it on release day. Plus I have a $30 best buy gift certificate I want to use, gets rid of that sales tax on the value of an item we have in California. Does anyone know when they (Best Buy) will start pre-orders? Just called and was told they have no idea yet.

Sent from my Epic 4G TouchType.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Would love to buy from Amazon but I don't think they will have it on release day. Plus I have a $30 best buy gift certificate I want to use, gets rid of that sales tax on the value of an item we have in California. Does anyone know when they (Best Buy) will start pre-orders? Just called and was told they have no idea yet.

Sent from my Epic 4G TouchType.

Preorders begin the same day as Sprint(according to the Best Buy in my area)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Here's only reason I buy from carrier corp store or there web sight. You have a issue and go to store they ask if u bought from corp or there web sight u say no they tell u to deal with place u bought it. To much of a headache.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Here's only reason I buy from carrier corp store or there web sight. You have a issue and go to store they ask if u bought from corp or there web sight u say no they tell u to deal with place u bought it. To much of a headache.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

What carrier are you with? If I have an issue with my phone that needs to be repaired I take it to Best Buy where I bought it and they replace it no questions asked. If I have an issue that Sprint can only take care of(software, signal issues, or otherwise), I get it taken care of. What issues have you had that have cause headaches?

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
not bad, still don't like paying something that i might never use, but i guess that's better than sprint's insurance. i am just not big into buying insurance, heard too many horrible stories about best buy not honoring it.

You can always not have insurance. Here is how I look at it. When I decided to sell my current phone I will take it in and get a replacement. Best Buy doesn't fix your phone. They replace it. Another benefit of going with Best Buy insurance.

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
And with Sprint changing their insurance fees per/mo from the $8/ or whatever it is per month it is at right now.... to $11/mo in June of this year for LTE phones over $549 ... I just may take a nice look at Best Buy's insurance plan indeed

Last edited:

dhoshman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if you pay tax on the true "Value" of an item if you buy it online from sprint? I was just looking online and noticed that the pre-order page for the E4gLTE states that "On May 7, call dibs on an HTC EVO 4G LTE. Only online, you can pre-order your EVO 4G LTE and we'll do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse."....If I can get it a little sooner than that will be awesome

4G LTE is coming to Sprint in 2012

Just got off the phone with Best buy and they are taking reservations currently...(New news to me lol)

soonerfreak

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
OK so where can I confirm the extra $50 gift card for the EVO trade in? I have heard it runs through the end of May and if the EVO drops by then I might get it over the gnex.

dhoshman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I was told false info. Went down to reserve and they mixed up the Galaxy Nexus for the Evo 4GLTE. More waiting :(

Anyone know if you pay tax on the true "Value" of an item if you buy it online from sprint? I was just looking online and noticed that the pre-order page for the E4gLTE states that "On May 7, call dibs on an HTC EVO 4G LTE. Only online, you can pre-order your EVO 4G LTE and we'll do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse."....If I can get it a little sooner than that will be awesome

4G LTE is coming to Sprint in 2012

Just got off the phone with Best buy and they are taking reservations currently...(New news to me lol)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Best buy has excellent insurance. The only time they won't honor the insurance is if you lose the device. Other than that, take it in and it will be fixed or replaced with virtually no questions asked. I purchased my epic 4g touch from Amazon but may look to Best buy in the future just because of their insurance policy.

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Wherever I can get it for the cheapest full retail price. Amazon and Best Buy seem cheap usually but their full price always seems higher than directly through Sprint. My guess is I will buy it directly from Sprint.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My experience has been that, as long as Sprint does the 'instant' rebate vs a mail in, Sprint usually comes out the cheapest and fastest delivery of newly released hardware. Mail in rebate...just forget about it.