An Open Letter to HTC and Sprint: How About a Compromise?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
IM pretty sure it is to late to change it, They are probably already in the mass production stage of it.

They could offer it as an in-store exchange/replacement during the first 14 days from purchase or announcement of replacement availability. Can you say, "Customer Satisfaction"! (Read my next comment)

Last edited:

JGuez

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably in the minority, but a lot of the things about this phone, weighing the pros and cons, have me on the fence about buying it. This glossy plastic cover is the tipping point for me, and I will not be buying the device without alternative covers being available.

(On that note, I am sure there will be 3rd party covers made before long, and at that point I may pick up the phone myself. Until then, I'll pass.)

I'm kind of on the same boat. Kind of waiting for the Galaxy Nexus, but at the same time we still haven't heard anything about the GS3 which may make all these phones look terrible.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
After all this back-and-forth, who doesn't think that third-party suppliers aren't already producing replacement covers (and in various colors)! And since the great majority of users will use protective cases anyway...WHAT'S THE BIG EFFING DEAL!!!???

LexInHouston

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll say that while I have slowly grown used to the shiny black cover, I do wish there was a matte replacement. And honestly, who's to say that there won't be? If you watch the HTC video that speaks about the design process, they seem to show many prototypes, and one has the top cover as a matte piece. I would be willing to bet that there is some other issue that required the shiny piece. Maybe they couldn't use the matte black coating without interfering with something else, much like the EVO 3D couldn't use a metal kickstand without interference to the 3D cameras, which as we know, caused HTC to pull that beautiful kickstand case that they had designed. Which leads to a new question, if they simply couldn't use the matted finish for interference reasons, will we have problems with cases of that finish?

tarun.patel

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I won't buy this phone until back is fixed period. I don't use phone case. Sprint and HTC- whats wrong with you guys? You have screwed original one X design.

rushlmp

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I think it was a terrific idea, and seems like it would be a low cost fix. I don't have Sprint, but I love the look of this phone, especially with the red kickstand, and would love to purchase it if tmo ever made it available. I don't think there is anything wrong with the author making a well thought out suggestion or for saying they will still buy the product. Kudos for writing something positive and potentially helpful to both the consumer and the company.

dubdrop

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hell put in the beats headphones and the back. If they promote the bears...give us the beats package. As far as the back it maybe to late to add it in but to sell multiple colors when released.

JCool525

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I really don't care how the phone looks on the back. The shiny plate isn't much of a big deal. I'm going to get some type of protective case to go around the phone anyway..

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Man you people are still going on about the shiny aspect of a portion of the phone. Jesus, being a man is a lost art it seems. You're looking for anything to complain about like a bunch of chicks.

Sent from my EVO Shift

You spend an awful lot of time here questioning others masculinity while posturing your own, lol. You realize this is a phone we're talking about, right?

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a better idea. Lets talk about the premier customers who usually upgrade every year are now forced to upgrade every other year. This forces me to wait and skip this phone for next years phone or phony up extra money to get this phone this year. The yearly upgrade kept the loyal customers loyal. Now next year, i have options, like do i upgrade or do i look at other carriers?

Daedalus

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I won't buy this phone until back is fixed period. I don't use phone case. Sprint and HTC- whats wrong with you guys? You have screwed original one X design.

Good I am glad you will not buy this phone. What make you think that HTC considers this is "Broken" and needs to be "Fixed". Personally I am not a big fan of the high gloss back but I do not believe in "Style over Substance".

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a better idea. Lets talk about the premier customers who usually upgrade every year are now forced to upgrade every other year. This forces me to wait and skip this phone for next years phone or phony up extra money to get this phone this year. The yearly upgrade kept the loyal customers loyal. Now next year, i have options, like do i upgrade or do i look at other carriers?

Keep your current phone in good shape, sell it, and buy a new phone off contract. That's what I do

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Phil.... much appreciated.

I'm not talking about a redesign though. Just an inclusion of an alternative removable back with the phone, instead of including a cheap pair of ear buds (if they intended on doing that) that not many will use.

You mean like Compaq use to do with those plastic panels you could snap on to their Laptops and Desktops. Remember how popular that was?

The phone was poured over by a bunch of really creative designers in fashionable eyeglasses and cool shoes.

I love your compromise of "spend more money so I buy the same phone I was gonna buy".

You'll be fine...buy the phone and love it...you'll forget about the cover if it's tits!:p

tarun.patel

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I personally don't like this design and i am not going to buy it. Many of my friends who owns original EVO are in the same Boat and they are looking alternate solution with Verizon or AT&T. HTC and Sprint - you are loosing business here.

Reactions: crzycrkr

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think when the EVO 4G LTE is actually released and people have a chance to handle it a lot of people's aesthetic concerns will be replaced by appreciation towards HTC's attention to functional detail. :cool:

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Man you people are still going on about the shiny aspect of a portion of the phone. Jesus, being a man is a lost art it seems. You're looking for anything to complain about like a bunch of chicks.

Sent from my EVO Shift

I don't think it's so much about being a man, it's just stupid to me that people are complaining about such insignificant things. I only want this phone for the hardware honestly. Glossy plastic, I don't care. It's a great device, I want it. Thank you, gawd bless Amerkuh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol