Sprint Galaxy Note a threat?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So with new rumors saying a Galaxy Note could possibly come out on Sprint with the new Exynos processor, do you think this could be a threat to the HTC EVO 4G LTE? If it came out would you get it? Are you happy about a potential Sprint Galaxy Note?

Sprint website hints at Samsung Galaxy Note for the Now Network -- Engadget

I cant lie, if a Galaxy Note with the new Exynos processor came out on Sprint, I think I would most likely pick it over the E4GLTE. Same stuff for the most part, stylus if needed, removable battery, bigger screen (I like big screens), faster processor (with Exynos of course), better front camera ( Insignificant but it is better even though not by much. The main thing here is the removable battery and processor.

I know the E4GLTE is a little different/better than the One X but the One X is months behind the Galaxy Note and the Note actually keeps up with it in terms of specs HTC One X vs. Samsung's Galaxy S II, Note and Nexus Spec Shootout | TechnoBuffalo

Im really looking forward to Android devices this year. The competition is only getting better and better with Asus closing in, Samsung on top, HTC coming back and Moto still hanging in there. And much more. Sprint getting Nexus, E4GLTE, Possible Note?, future GSIII? THIS WILL BE A HELL OF A YEAR! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: twospirits

Jimbizzzale

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I love this sprint lineup, I am definitely getting the new EVO day one launch. I am a sucker for HTC but the galaxy note really has me curious.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I always thought that the galaxy note rumor for Sprint was never gonna happen personally. But now that it seems like we are getting it, this is just going to be a really good year for Sprint. There's going to be the Spring Galaxy Nexus, HTC Evo 4G LTE, Spring Galaxy Note, Sprint GSIII, and possibly another high-end Moto phone?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I love this sprint lineup, I am definitely getting the new EVO day one launch. I am a sucker for HTC but the galaxy note really has me curious.
Yeah, same here but I feel as if it doesnt really matter what I get because a week or 2 after I just know something better will come out. Stuff like that is bound to happen to me. I kind of hate taking risks on phones. But we'll see. Everyday is more exciting, the race is on!

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I love sprint bit i'm touted of them always getting phones that are already old. Why can't we just get a national release?

Well at least Sprint usually throws something extra into it. We got the GSII kind of late but it turned out better than the other versions, Nexus coming out- also better than the other versions, as well as a couple of other phones I cant think of at the moment. Hell, even the E4GLTE seems to be coming out later than the One X but its better. We just have to be patient and get our turn like everyone else :)

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Thought I wanted a note, but the user experience says nay.....for me. Not into unintended blackouts.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
For me anyways, I don't think the Sprint Galaxy Note is a threat. I'm going to go with the HTC Evo 4G LTE. That is going to be my first HTC android phone :D. So far, I've owned/own the Samsung Moment, Samsung Epic 4G, and the Nexus S 4G (which is sitting on my nightstand not being used :( )

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
This is actually what i'm hoping for. Honestly I don't even care if it has the new processor or not i'd still get it over the new Evo right now. As far as the thread, sales wise i'd say it'd be more of a threat to the GS3 since Samsung is owning HTC in sales right now.

Reactions: Tkbredx

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
If the Note comes to Sprint, that will probably be my choice. I have been intrigued by the size of the screen since it was released, and then you add to that the ability to swap batteries and it will probably be my new phone when I'm eligible in July.

thegirls#WN

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I love my HTC EVO phone's and had planned on pre ordering the new one!! I have to admit that the note has caught my eye and I want it very badly!! I am in board for the note!! Way to go sprint!!!

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The Note won't have ImageSense and thus the super fast camera, unless Samsung also has something similar.

This is good for Sprint, they always get the best Android phones and I hope it wins them more subscribers. I don't see it as competition but choice!

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is really playing with people's emotions lately....first the Nexus S 4G screw-up and now this teaser that was quickly pulled from the website. The Note (or Journal) is a nice phone, but I'm already sold on the EVO 4G LTE. Super LCD2 seems to be superior over Super AMOLED based on what I've been reading on AC.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
If the Note comes to Sprint, that will probably be my choice. I have been intrigued by the size of the screen since it was released, and then you add to that the ability to swap batteries and it will probably be my new phone when I'm eligible in July.

I feel the same way.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I love my HTC EVO phone's and had planned on pre ordering the new one!! I have to admit that the note has caught my eye and I want it very badly!! I am in board for the note!! Way to go sprint!!!

Really! This summers going to be crazy, they are making it so hard for us to choose.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Having used both ... They're two very different phones. I think they both stand on their own.

That said, I'm not sold on a Sprint Galaxy Note. Marketing mix-ups like that happen all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool