HTC's Email Response to Open Letter

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Dear (NAMED REMOVED)l,

Good afternoon, (Named Removed). First, we are very happy that you are apart of our HTC family. Like you, we also are very thrilled about the up and coming EVO 4G LTE device. This year HTC is really trying to focus on the quality of our devices, by the release of the One Series, the new flagship device for HTC. The EVO 4G LTE is Sprint’s version of this flagship device. I would like to thank you for your feedback concerning the aesthetic decisions pertaining to the back cover. Some of HTC’s design decisions in this regard were to produce a very durable and strong back cover, that allows for both a nice feel in your hand. I want you to know that your feedback is very valuable to us, and all of our emails are read by HTC, as well as our consumer satisfaction surveys as well. A really awesome way for us to have your feedback reiterated is by your participation in our feedback survey. This survey can be found at: HTC Online Survey
I don’t have any information at this time as to whether a matte option for the back cover will be available. However, I am very happy to provide you with the link to the published specifications of the device: HTC EVO 4G . You will notice there is an active link on this page to sign up for information on the phone. I must say, it is a pleasure to read your delightful email today. If you would like any additional assistance, or ever need any technical help with your device, don’t hesitate to email us, or call us at 1-866-(NUMBER REMOVED) (6AM-1AM, 7 days a week).

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Casey

HTC

Sounds like a pretty standard response to me. Almost like they have a standard response template with "fill - in - the - blanks". So, we have not learned anything new. Just thought I'd update you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
At least they responded. And they did mention that the EVO is the Sprint version of the device. And now we can all go to the online survey and bog down their servers.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
They mentioned the back cover twice so it's obvious they read your letter.

Agreed...You have to at least skim it to fill in the blanks... LOL! Seriously, I do give HTC props for responding... With many companies, you won't get that. I just hope they take it seriously.

In the end, what they may end up doing is working with a third party accessory maker so that alternative backs will be available on the day of launch, like they did with the kickstand cases for the Evo 3D.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
You should link that survey in every thread that is not happy with the design. We need to spam it and hopefully HTC will get the message

EDIT - Although, after looking at the survey, it's more of a "how did we do answering your question" thing

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't normally post, just read and move on but this is getting out of hand. So many people are up in arms over a picture of the phone before actually putting your hands on it. Also Sprint has the best return policy of all the carriers so if you don't like it take it back or better yet don't buy it at all.

It is obvious that HTC takes customer feedback seriously, so many people loved the kickstand on the original EVO and when it was left off the EVO 3D people had a fit. So now that they are bringing it back people are complaining again. Put yourself in HTC position, damn if you do, damn if you don't. The fact that this company, who like all companies are out to make a profit, they do try to please the majority of the people they can.

So if you want the perfect phone for you then create your phone and stop bashing a phone that hasn't been released yet that your going to buy anyway.

Ice

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't normally post, just read and move on but this is getting out of hand. So many people are up in arms over a picture of the phone before actually putting your hands on it. Also Sprint has the best return policy of all the carriers so if you don't like it take it back or better yet don't buy it at all.

It is obvious that HTC takes customer feedback seriously, so many people loved the kickstand on the original EVO and when it was left off the EVO 3D people had a fit. So now that they are bringing it back people are complaining again. Put yourself in HTC position, damn if you do, damn if you don't. The fact that this company, who like all companies are out to make a profit, they do try to please the majority of the people they can.

So if you want the perfect phone for you then create your phone and stop bashing a phone that hasn't been released yet that your going to buy anyway.

Ice

I haven't read anyone really complain about the kickstand. Where are you reading that? Everyone is taking issue with the ugly gloss black plastic upper half. And also, the OP letter was far from bashing. It was informing HTC to the feelings of a very large group of people on a bad design decision.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Why is everyone up in arms about a back cover? It doesn't affect how the phone operates, plus most people will be slapping a case on the phone to protect it anyway. Seems like there are better things to worry about.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I See nothing wrong with the letter that was written to HTC. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be able to voice it. Simple as that. IF you don't agree then so be it.

I my self well not be getting it because I will be moving on to Verizon. In any case I hope they make any changes to make the masses happy!

FalconForever

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I would say that I do not like the look of the back cover, but that I am not too concerned since I will have my Evo in an Otter Box as soon as I can get them together.

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Someone at HTC is a married man. That letter is the same as when you placate your wife cause she's complaining you didn't notice her new purse.

In all honesty I'm sure the response makes make people feel better its still much ado about nothing. Dude, you're mad the back cover is SHINY.

Sent from my EVO Shift

oversight

May 14, 2010
Visit site
It's a phone, not a Rolex watch or some other trinket that must match your shoes. This [deleted], whining, and world ending hysterics about a small bit of plastic is just ridiculous.

If you can't suck it up over a bit of plastic, then get a case or don't get the phone. It's really that simple.

15israellai

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure whether that letter really meant...anything at all, other than acknowledging you that they have read your letter.
I was expecting more when I read AC's blog post.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
It's a phone, not a Rolex watch or some other trinket that must match your shoes. This [deleted], whining, and world ending hysterics about a small bit of plastic is just ridiculous.

If you can't suck it up over a bit of plastic, then get a case or don't get the phone. It's really that simple.

Would you say that's more, or less, simple than coming into a thread to [deleted], whine and get hysterical about the subject matter of said thread?

If you can't suck it up over some people disagreeing with you, don't click on the threads with titles you disagree with, or don't come into the forums. It's really that simple

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the phone looks that bad at all and probably looks better in person. It's a dope phone regardless. I think the bigger issue is the non-removable battery. I don't care how good they say the technology is and how much more battery it conserves, I want the option to carry a spare battery and I don't wanna carry a bulky charger & cable in my pocket.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll reserve judgment until actually seeing the phone in person. But either way, for me, cosmetics of a phone are way down the priority chain that it doesn't really matter. Performance, screen, and battery life are what I'm interested in.