Galaxy S III to be unveiled on May 3rd.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just in time to make a preorder decision for the Evo LTE!!!

Samsung will unveil the next Galaxy phone May 3rd in London -- Engadget

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-unveil-galaxy-s-iii-london-may-3

Even still, it will probably take MONTHS before we see it on Sprint (Like August/September) as has been the case for previous Galaxy devices... But then, you have to consider the fact that previous Galaxy devices were announced earlier in the year in previous years. So, does that mean that it could show up even LATER on Sprint? Time will tell.

Last edited:

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is. But I think I will get the new Evo first then whenever the galaxy comes out if it's a better phone I'll make the switch.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Lets hope Sprint doesn't drop the ball on this one... I would like to think Sprint will look at this as an excellent phone to compliment their new up and coming LTE network.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Lets hope Sprint doesn't drop the ball on this one... I would like to think Sprint will look at this as an excellent phone to compliment their new up and coming LTE network.

Not gonna happen. When this phone comes to Sprint, it will be well over 30 Days after the Evo LTE is out. Sprint is not going to compromise the sales of the Evo, especially since HTC is a major partner. Samsung is going to have to come hard to get me to even consider waiting on the GS3

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I would venture a guess on the GSIII being significantly better spec wise. Samsung phones may come out later in the year, but they seem to smoke whatever came before them. The screen will probably be a toss up judging by the glowing reviews of the EVO screen, and the unibody of the EVO wins. THat being said, I've always found Samsung phones to be extremely well built. I am very interested to see what's coming

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Being a former Epic 4g owner and toyed with the SGSII Epic Touch 4g a bit, I will be waiting to see what comes of this... Despite Sammy's poor record of slow updates and so so radio's, the rest of the device is always been impressive... I still look at my wife's Epic 4g and ask myself why I got rid of mine...

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I would venture a guess on the GSIII being significantly better spec wise. Samsung phones may come out later in the year, but they seem to smoke whatever came before them. The screen will probably be a toss up judging by the glowing reviews of the EVO screen, and the unibody of the EVO wins. THat being said, I've always found Samsung phones to be extremely well built. I am very interested to see what's coming

Dude, don't you see the cycle? HTC blows the competition away every June. Then Samsung one ups them in in the Fall, then the Nexus comes in the Winter and shows up the Galaxy S phones. Then we spend the next few months whining about when that update is coming so our pho es can be like the new Nexus. Then, repeat!
Its all a big cycle. For me, Id rather have the best phone of the Summer.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Dude, don't you see the cycle? HTC blows the competition away every June. Then Samsung one ups them in in the Fall, then the Nexus comes in the Winter and shows up the Galaxy S phones. Then we spend the next few months whining about when that update is coming so our pho es can be like the new Nexus. Then, repeat!
Its all a big cycle. For me, Id rather have the best phone of the Summer.

Yeah, I do, that's exactly what I said, just in less words. I've said this many times in many threads. Except I don't really see it as HTC blowing away the competition. I see it as HTC is first to market with the newer tech, but Samsung waits a har longer and then blows them out of the water. Happens every year

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I do, that's exactly what I said, just in less words. I've said this many times in many threads. Except I don't really see it as HTC blowing away the competition. I see it as HTC is first to market with the newer tech, but Samsung waits a har longer and then blows them out of the water. Happens every year

I would agree with you on last year. The E3D got smoked by the GS2 on design alone, let alone hardware/software performance. But in 2010, Evo was KING! YES THE ORIGINAL GS was only marginally better I some aspects. But given the hardware issues the original Galaxy had, it made the Evo look like a champ. I don't think this new Galaxy is gonna be the God device people thinks its gonna be. Sure,it may have a spec or two that's better than the Evo LTE, but its not gonna blow it outthe water.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
When I saw this myself on Engadget a little bit earlier, I immediately decided to come to the forums lol. Im really interested in the GSIII because I know it will be amazing but I dont have time to wait. I need a new phone thats awesome and I need it now. So whatever comes out first I shall get which shall most likely be the E4GLTE so that shall be in my possession and depending on how the GSIII looks I might switch to it.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I would agree with you on last year. The E3D got smoked by the GS2 on design alone, let alone hardware/software performance. But in 2010, Evo was KING! YES THE ORIGINAL GS was only marginally better I some aspects. But given the hardware issues the original Galaxy had, it made the Evo look like a champ. I don't think this new Galaxy is gonna be the God device people thinks its gonna be. Sure,it may have a spec or two that's better than the Evo LTE, but its not gonna blow it outthe water.

I went from the EVO to the NS4G, which I believe iis the same hardware as the GS, and find the performance to be a good deal better. The screen is also significantly better. The original EVO also had a slew of hardware issues. That's actually one of the reasons I moved on. The NS4G is built like a rock. I don't know how far ahead the GSIII will be, but if the rumors of the quad Exynos are true, it could be pretty significant.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Im gonna be going with the SGIII truthfully. The HTC Evo 4G LTE looks ugly as all hell! Otherwise the hardware looks amazing.

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Even still, it will probably take MONTHS before we see it on Sprint (Like August/September) as has been the case for previous Galaxy devices... But then, you have to consider the fact that previous Galaxy devices were announced earlier in the year in previous years. So, does that mean that it could show up even LATER on Sprint? Time will tell.

Hopefully sooner.

Last edited:

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
OK, OK. I'm going to London. Geez. :p

You suck....I only say that out of complete jealousy. I have to get up everyday and go to my extremely boring and crappy job and you get to go to London and play with the coolest stuff. Boy,did I make the wrong decisions after high school. That and buying a 72 Gremlin :p

philtann

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I hope its the sgs3...
I'm not convinced!

Chances of it being a unified range of Android devices from Samsung (Inc tablets) similar to the HTC One range?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress