at&t white one x vs sprint lte

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm convinced that I convinced myself its good looking just to buy it, So I just bought a used Palm Pre instead.

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

crow11ad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
We have been with Sprint for years and never had any problems. I look at like this. I have had an HTC since the windows days and got the EVO. Great phone and yes Battery sucked. When the iPhone 4s was announced, my wife and I got them. iPhone is what it is.

I am so looking to pre ordering on Monday. But honestly does the look of the phone matter? Yes it's 2 tone...on the back. I dont know about anyone else, but i am getting a case and will not see the back of the phone Yes it has a kick stand (nice touch HTC and Sprint), micro sd card slot (just add a 64 gig card + 16 gig internal + Google Drive or Drop box) and the evo 4g lte is the true winner.

Yes AT&T may have their speed, but it's limited. Talks about streaming Pandora on AT&T and your data cap is gone much quicker and using LTE...let us know how your bill is? The non removable battery at first I started to question until the size of the battery was announced and compare that to the iPhone 4s embedded battery of what 1450mah vs a 2000 may embedded and the iPhone can last me all day.

I say for those leaving to AT&T for the one x for the look alone...that's cool we will still be part of the HTC One family. But I say go. Not in a mean way, but it will surely allow us who are going to pre order on Monday, will make it that much easier to get one.:p

tom_m

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok then. But I still don't buy it =) I would actually like the EVO 4G LTE design if it wasn't two tone. That's a really horrible design mistake. I went to school for graphic design and have worked in design for years. That's my opinion as a professional haha. But yes it is simply up to a matter of personal preference, I do know this. I just still think the majority of people will think the phone is ugly in design. ... and yes I was also just going to get a case. The design is merely a 3rd reason I'm switching. It's primarily cost related and perhaps a tie for 4G. The way I see it, I'm buying a device that has a certain feature...I want to be able to use it. Sprint should actually waive the $10/mo. charge for premium data until their LTE network is fully set. I mean you know that makes your plan $99 + $10/mo. right? That's getting a bit crazy for 3G. I'm paying $100 to leave them in early termination and STILL saving hundreds of dollars over the next year.

Anyway, I am a little nervous about the switch and came here for everyone's thoughts. So it was a good thread. I guess it's only 2 years if it ends up being a bad choice haha. But I think it'll be good. I didn't give much thought to the storage difference, but after reading here it is a really good note. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: crzycrkr

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't pay me to switch to AT&T. I borrowed my friends iPhone for one day and had two dropped calls.

Sprint has been good to me over the years and my plan price is lower than anywhere else. I actually prefer the look of the HTC One X BUT I also like the look of the Evo. I think it stands out. Also i'm 98% sure we'll see 3rd party covers for that area and one of those will probably be matte black.

Also, living in NYC, i'm assuming i'll have LTE within the year.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't pay me to switch to AT&T. I borrowed my friends iPhone for one day and had two dropped calls.

Sprint has been good to me over the years and my plan price is lower than anywhere else. I actually prefer the look of the HTC One X BUT I also like the look of the Evo. I think it stands out. Also i'm 98% sure we'll see 3rd party covers for that area and one of those will probably be matte black.

Also, living in NYC, i'm assuming i'll have LTE within the year.

Most do prefer the One X design, its just in this forum the participants are more than a bit biased. I don't think I read a single hands on that didn't question the EVO design. I also wouldn't be too sure of third party back covers considering the antennas are embedded in the cover. You may see them, but you may not.

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I've never understood why people care so much about how other people will think the phone looks. If you don't like it, don't buy it...it's that simple.

That's perfect for me...one less person in line to buy one increases my chances to get mine.

Reactions: icenija

steve41015

May 7, 2010
Visit site
According to the Android Central the one x on att is going to have a locked bootloader. This kind of worries me, do you think the Evo lte will be locked? If not there is no way I would switch to the one x.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Most do prefer the One X design, its just in this forum the participants are more than a bit biased. I don't think I read a single hands on that didn't question the EVO design. I also wouldn't be too sure of third party back covers considering the antennas are embedded in the cover. You may see them, but you may not.

Let me help you out:
http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-htc-evo-4g-lte
But enough of about what the EVO 4G LTE's packing, and more about what you'll think of it. It's a beautiful device and, like the rest of the One line, is poised to pull HTC out of its recent doldrums. It's thin, it's light, and it's powerful-- it may not be perfect (see our review of the One X for some small gripes), but it's certainly a step in the right direction

HTC Evo 4G LTE is Sprint's first handset with HD voice, pre-orders start May 7th for $199.99 | The Verge

Where it does deviate from the formula, however, is an entirely new chassis with aluminum body with anodized black finish ? matte on the lower back, glossy on the upper third, a shiny border separating it from the screen ? and a thin, bright red kickstand. Yes, the kickstand is back, and as Sprint enjoyed showing me, it's strong enough to prop the phone in either landscape orientation as well as portrait. It's at least the third instance after the original Evo 4G and the HTC HD7.

AnandTech - HTC And Sprint Announce The EVO 4G LTE: Krait and LTE, on Sprint for $199 [Updated w/ Hands-on]
HTC and Sprint teamed up today to announce the latest in the EVO line: the EVO 4G LTE. So, not the most novel name, but it gets to the point. The 4.7" device is carved out of an aluminum space frame, anodized to an all black finish with red accents and an exposed silver edge. And along that prominent red band across the back? That's right, the kickstand's back. But don't call this part of the One series. This is a Sprint EVO device through and through.

I mean i'm sure some people don't like the look of the phone...I know Engadget wasn't gaga about it...but a lot of reports also say it looks much better in person than pictures.

You can't please everyone but I think the design is unique...and thats something we need from phones these days.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I've never understood why people care so much about how other people will think the phone looks. If you don't like it, don't buy it...it's that simple.

That's perfect for me...one less person in line to buy one increases my chances to get mine.

I don't think too many are talking about worrying what others are going to think about its looks. I'm just pointing out that most scoffed at the design after seeing the One X. I agreed. It has nothing to do with what others will think when they see me with the phone.

Let me help you out:

HTC Evo 4G LTE is Sprint's first handset with HD voice, pre-orders start May 7th for $199.99 | The Verge

AnandTech - HTC And Sprint Announce The EVO 4G LTE: Krait and LTE, on Sprint for $199 [Updated w/ Hands-on]

I mean i'm sure some people don't like the look of the phone...I know Engadget wasn't gaga about it...but a lot of reports also say it looks much better in person than pictures.

You can't please everyone but I think the design is unique...and thats something we need from phones these days.

Same as above. Just pointing out the general consensus. Most of the hands on reviews out there on most of the tech sites took issue with the design. Not saying all, but most.

Personally I'm over it. Of its the best phone out in 2 months I'll get it regardless of its poor aesthetic, but I'm not gonna blow smoke up anyone's butt and say its beautiful.

chesalaam

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Let me help you out:

I agree with this. I really don't think the pics do it justice. I think some of the pics of the phone make it look thick. it wasnt until I watched the design vid that I really started liking the look. also I like how this phone doesn't look too much like others, reminds me of the lumia phone commercials I'm seeing that are touting its different look. IMO the launch of this phone is gonna smoke what the OG did, in part because I'm sure sprint will have plenty stock unlike the fiasco of the OG, which translates to more sales. also I would imagine most OG owners are gonna re up to the new one as their contracts are expiring, and not least, the phone is just stacked with way more positives then negatives, on top of the HUGE strides that are coming up like lte, hd voice, etc. if the phone is arguably the top dog in spite of the gs3 without lte in most places, I can only imagine how it will be viewed once and if sprints NV rolls out as expected( all signs point to things on schedule). the projections are to cover 120 million by years end. most folks don't upgrade 6 months after just getting a high end device, so it seems safe to say that plenty of folks will experience lte on EL TEvo, which will still have unlimited data plans. I'm only on 4g or any data connection a very small part of my day, only when I'm not at home, as I use wifi when I am. I toggle it on and off as needed, so if my city doesn't get lte in the first wave, I'm really not trippin. the other benefits of this phone far outweigh the lack of immediate lte. hold up the back of most phones so that you can't read what it is....it's a crap shoot as to what make/model it is....hold up the back of any evo line....it's obvious and unmistakable....I kinda like that

noahsmum1

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I wanted to switch from AT&T and go with Sprint until I found out what they charge for roaming. I live in San Antonio, but my family lives in VT. I would be off network when I visit my family. I only visit them a couple times a year, but I still need to use my phone. I'm going to renew with AT&T.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, I wanted to switch from AT&T and go with Sprint until I found out what they charge for roaming. I live in San Antonio, but my family lives in VT. I would be off network when I visit my family. I only visit them a couple times a year, but I still need to use my phone. I'm going to renew with AT&T.

Roaming is free within the U.S.!! Last time I checked we haven't given VT to Canada.

What are you talking about?

noahsmum1

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No need to be rude. It's not free. Off Sprint's network you are charged. I varified this with a Sprint rep. Data, calls, and texts are subject to extra charges off Sprints network. Maybe roaming was the wrong word, I should have said going off network...

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
No need to be rude. It's not free. Off Sprint's network you are charged. I varified this with a Sprint rep. Data, calls, and texts are subject to extra charges off Sprints network. Maybe roaming was the wrong word, I should have said going off network...

Well that rep is wrong lol because i checked the website and tos it says u MAY be lieable which means u could be charged or not depending on which network u roam on

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I think everyone's overreacting about the design. Maybe it's because all the pictures make it shine way more and offsets the black tones.

I got to hold this phone for five minutes and I can tell you it is the most beautiful phone I have laid hands on.

Reactions: chesalaam

noahsmum1

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well that rep is wrong lol because i checked the website and tos it says u MAY be lieable which means u could be charged or not depending on which network u roam on

I'll have to call again and double check tomorrow. She quoted some pretty high rates for going off Sprints network. Like I said, I was all set to switch, but I need to be sure I'm not going to pay an arm & a leg for my phone in VT.