at&t white one x vs sprint lte

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Are we even sure there will be a white one? I know everyone keeps talking about it, but I'm not sure where everyone got the impression. I know there was a white EVO4G, but was there a white EVO3D?

But even if there is, my opinion still stands. The design is the problem with the new EVO, not the color. I don't see the white being any less ugly personally.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I didn't realize there was a white 3D. To be honest, I've never even seen a 3D in the wild. Personally white phones don't do anything for me. The color in general doesn't matter, but I don't think I'd go any lighter than a light gray.

Raadius

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It could be mid - end of summer before Sprint drops a white version, although a lot better than that 2 tone gloss black / drab grey, it still doesn't have the great design of the One X.

The One X is dropping this Sunday on AT&T, I'm gonna check it out, and possible purchase it. Goodbye Sprint, it's been good :)

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It could be mid - end of summer before Sprint drops a white version, although a lot better than that 2 tone gloss black / drab grey, it still doesn't have the great design of the One X.

The One X is dropping this Sunday on AT&T, I'm gonna check it out, and possible purchase it. Goodbye Sprint, it's been good :)

Haha. I cant wait to check it out on Sun too. People talk about the battery on the at&t one x, but if its anything like the Vivid than the battery life will be awesome. With similar usage, I have to swap my battery out on the evo3d, and the Vivid will still be at 80%. Insane.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
One X looks nice. But no way I could buy a phone locked at only 16gig. 32gig is fine. 16gig is a no sell for me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the white version(if they do come out with one) will lose the two-tone look that people have complained so much about. I'm still sold on there black one. Love the style, love the colors, love everything :rolleyes:

dennis0209

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Either EVO LTE is good for me ..But Sprint should be straight and let customer have a choice between the color of the phone ... This is gonna piss off a lot of customer when they decide to bring the White EVO months later ... That is a very poor decision Sprint ... Let your customer have a. Choice.After all when most customer update their phone they have to sit with that phone for the next 22 mth before their next Upgrade ..AT&T give there consumer a choice I do not understand why you cannot do the same .. A lot of consumers would love to have the white EVO LTE so give them a chance on launch day

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Either EVO LTE is good for me ..But Sprint should be straight and let customer have a choice between the color of the phone ... This is gonna piss off a lot of customer when they decide to bring the White EVO months later ... That is a very poor decision Sprint ... Let your customer have a. Choice.After all when most customer update their phone they have to sit with that phone for the next 22 mth before their next Upgrade ..AT&T give there consumer a choice I do not understand why you cannot do the same .. A lot of consumers would love to have the white EVO LTE so give them a chance on launch day

Sprint has done this with each Evo launch that came in white. It really hasn't backfired on them yet. I doubt it will on this occasion either

Reactions: awileycoyote21

Raadius

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree with this.

For the simple fact you would have to pay full price for the white phone that may drop 2 months or so later. That's STUPID.

Give it to me for a SMALL fee or free. At least let us know if there will be a white version and a time table of release date, so we know.

Sprint/HTC KNOWS there are issue with the design compare to AT&T. Nobody is / has complained that AT&T has a white one, or they wish it was black, NOBODY. Only Sprint/HTC is catching backlash on design. They're probably waiting on first day or week sales though.

I'm pretty sure AT&T's version WILL out-sale the Sprint version.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize there was a white 3D. To be honest, I've never even seen a 3D in the wild. Personally white phones don't do anything for me. The color in general doesn't matter, but I don't think I'd go any lighter than a light gray.

They did release a purple 3D exclusive to Radio Shack. Haven't seen one out and about, but I see tons of the black 3D.

I agree with this.

For the simple fact you would have to pay full price for the white phone that may drop 2 months or so later. That's STUPID.

Give it to me for a SMALL fee or free. At least let us know if there will be a white version and a time table of release date, so we know.

Sprint/HTC KNOWS there are issue with the design compare to AT&T. Nobody is / has complained that AT&T has a white one, or they wish it was black, NOBODY. Only Sprint/HTC is catching backlash on design. They're probably waiting on first day or week sales though.

I agree, it would be nice to know ahead of time if a white one is in the works. I am not necessarily a fan of white phones (because I'm self-hating white racist) but I think this design would look better in white. That being said, I think the EVO outsells any Android device on AT&T. While everyone complains about the non-removable battery I think the big selling point is the BIGGER battery and the microSD slot. For me, the kickstand is the pi?ce de r?sistance.

tom_m

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to pay the early termination of $100 at this point (3 months left) and leave Sprint for AT&T. Partially fueled by the fugly design that Sprint is getting...But since my wife has AT&T, we can combine and save money. I don't use enough data or minutes to make Sprint worthwhile. I now think the unlimited thing is a gimmick. Having Sprint for 4 years now.

Sprint lost me for another major reason. Their 4G change over. I don't want to wait 6 months or more before I can use the 4G. I mean who knows how long it'll be before they get their LTE completely sorted out. Then I don't know if they'll charge the $10 extra per month or what but I know my EVO came with that surcharge. The funny thing is I don't often use 4G on the EVO because the battery life was so piss poor. So I paid $10/mo. for nothing.

The 16GB storage is a bummer...But I only have to go back and again compare to my current phone (I held on to the EVO 4G) and see that it's 8GB there. I never put in a different SD card. So since I don't load all my MP3s onto the phone (I'm a Pandora and now Spotify fan) I'm not concerned about storage. I did start to run out of space with photos and apps, but my upgrade will now be double so I think that'll work out fine.

I think a lot of people over estimate their usage. I was shocked when I went to Sprint's site and looked. I understand if you like to load all your MP3s onto your phone...But...I also think that it's 2012, we have Google Music and Pandora and Spotify... If you want, just put a subset on your phone and change it up when you want. I still have an 8GB Zune (haha yea Zune, I know) and I never filled it. So I think you're nuts if you need more space for music...I think it's a waste of space to fill your phone with music.

Plus let's also go back to the EVO again. Why didn't I load it up with music? Because if I spent significant time using it as an MP3 player, I wouldn't be able to make any phone calls with it...No more juice left.

Ok, my whole "why phones shouldn't be used as iPods" philosophy aside...Is there any real reason why one should stay with Sprint?

I think the benefits of AT&T outweigh Sprint when you get into the family plans and also it's nice to have a phone that you can use internationally. I was just in London and my wife paid like $16 extra and had no problems. Meanwhile I was in the dark. While I don't travel internationally all the time...Again, the benefits I listed originally.

Why Sprint? I mean don't get me wrong, I love Sprint...But why? I'm trying to think real hard, but if I can't come up with any good reason come Sunday...Bye bye Sprint. That will teach them to go messing with the design of the phone.

tom_m

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Let me also point out that the battery life on the AT&T version has been marked at 8.5hrs and Engadget saw it at 8 hours and 55 minutes.

Keep in mind a VERY ... VERY important thing when it comes to battery life. That's how much the phone has to hunt for signal and the network it's on.

Sprint's version most likely will not last any longer with its slightly larger battery. The only benefit I see is the 16GB increase in storage space.

Or let's state it another way. There's a reason why Sprint is getting a bigger battery...I don't think it's to best the competition, I think it's to keep up with it. HTC would've stuck that battery in all their models...They are doing it for Sprint because HTC likely wants to ensure consistency throughout carriers.

chesalaam

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree with this.

I seriously doubt this, but we will know soon enough

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just think, less whiney people on this forum when we get our new EVOLTEs. Sure the ATT one is attractive but I wouldn't buy it for functional reasons. No SD Card, 16gb memory, ATT service and we'll also get a bonus camera button and kickstand. Sign me up!

The reason Sprint comes out with different colors later on is so that they have something new. Just like car companies offer new colors during the year.

Reactions: Uncle Louie