HTC EVO 4G LTE Accessories

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
So after I saw the link for the cases for the One X, I got to thinking about if everything for the One X will fit my future EVO. I'd like to get a head start on cases, mobile chargers, car accessories and what not.

Anyone have any insight into differences in the EVO LTE/ One X accessories?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that might work between the two phones is maybe a desktop dock and that only if they use the MHL connector on the One X in a dock connection. The shape of the phones are totally different. Cases, screen protectors, car docks and such are not going to work. At least for factory accessories.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that might work between the two phones is maybe a desktop dock and that only if they use the MHL connector on the One X in a dock connection. The shape of the phones are totally different. Cases, screen protectors, car docks and such are not going to work. At least for factory accessories.

Oh come, he said "chargers" too, those will be the same. :p

Seidio is going to have cases, it's on their website as "under development" (just like the One X stuff too).

Reactions: fkpalm

dhoshman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Hope they make similar htc cases for the evo as they do for the one x, cause im in love with those Official htc snap cases.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I keep looking for some cases and such, nothing thus far...Would like to protect the phone from day one as much as possible

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I see Seidio already posted two cases which are "coming soon" for the EVO 4G LTE -- the SURFACE case and the ACTIVE case w/ a Metal Kickstand. I'm thinking about getting the Active case so I don't have to wear out the stock kickstand. Anyone had any experience with Seidio's kickstands? Are they sturdy and reliable?

CSK3HTJETK-BK-2.jpg

CSK3HTJETK-BK-3.jpg

CSK3HTJETK-BK-4.jpg

CSK3HTJETK-BK-5.jpg

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Looks like my kinda case... I'm leaning towards getting the EVO LTE waiting to check out out mid next month .

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I see Seidio already posted two cases which are "coming soon" for the EVO 4G LTE -- the SURFACE case and the ACTIVE case w/ a Metal Kickstand. I'm thinking about getting the Active case so I don't have to wear out the stock kickstand. Anyone had any experience with Seidio's kickstands? Are they sturdy and reliable?

Why would they add a kickstand instead of just leavin a slot open for the factory one? That's what they did on their EVO case which I really liked. What I didn't like is that the corners would break off and you had to replace the whole case. I switched to the Otterbox version and it is slightly better.

I may actually go caseless on the EVOLT. At least for a while.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Otterbox myself, had the screen protector and didn't let the phone slide around...My active case let the phone slide around and made the corners on the phone rub down, I like the fact that this EVO has been protected by a Otterbox and looks brand new when I take it out. Hopefully they have one available soon after getting the phone

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I did email Otterbox for a timeframe. I'll let you fellas know what I hear.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I did email Otterbox for a timeframe. I'll let you fellas know what I hear.

Hope Otterbox comes out with some good cases before the release date. Don't want to take any chances on scratching the camera lens.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hope Otterbox comes out with some good cases before the release date. Don't want to take any chances on scratching the camera lens.

Agree 100%...If not I'll end up buying a case of some sort for the time being and be extra protective of my right pocket and phone lol

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Why would they add a kickstand instead of just leavin a slot open for the factory one?

That's the "Active" case -- it is too think to leave a slot for the kickstand.

However, their "Surface" case has that slot -- the Surface is what I am going with. Simply the best case/holster pair available (have had it with my OG EVO 4G).

CSR3HTJET-BK-2.jpg

CSR3HTJET-BK-4.jpg

CSR3HTJET-BK-5.jpg

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Ah, the surface case, that would have been the one that screwed up my original EVOs edges...Let's the phone move to much inside the case.

aldrydd

May 14, 2010
Visit site

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TRUW14/

The Defender is currently listed on Amazon with a ship date of a few weeks...

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Awesome...Let's see what kind of dates I get in am email or a generic "few weeks" response lol

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Strange -- never had that problem. Mine and my wife's have always seemed a really snug fit.

Yea, had mine for a few months and when I took the case off the edges of the phone were rubbed down, that's when I switched. Anyone ever use a ballistic case? A guy at work had ditched his otterbox for that one and likes it more, while it is larger, it doesn't seem much different from the Otterbox.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
That's the "Active" case -- it is too think to leave a slot for the kickstand.

However, their "Surface" case has that slot -- the Surface is what I am going with. Simply the best case/holster pair available (have had it with my OG EVO 4G).

No, I had the Active case as seen below. Later I had the one that was the surface case inside an active case but the surface case would just ruin my screen protector. No way to get the phone into the case without it catching on the protector.

The Otterbox case I have is similar in design and has its own problems. It had a flap covering up the ports on the bottom that I ended up cutting off after a couple of days. The silicone part doesn't fit the phone as well as the Seidio case but the plastic shell has not fallen apart.