What can we learn from the One X forum?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how many others are doing this but I've been reading the One X forum to see what's going on with that phone since it is simiar to the EVO 4G LTE that is coming. Anyone else doing that?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-x/

Complaints about Sense reboots, hot phones, and other things might happen to our version too. Or should we wait until people get the US version with the same processor we'll have and see what happens? I'm not looking forward to annoying sense reboots as that happened a lot with the EVO 4G after one of the updates. Not so much anymore.

Last edited:

xusxmarinesx

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I read the one x forums all the time. I wouldn't go totally off of them like the reboots and heat ups because that can be the processor. I only review the camera because I want a good camera but apparently the camera isn't all there

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The more I read about this phone the more it feels like HTC.

A promise of the moon and running out of air just short.

My EVO4G had quite a few issues and was fairly laggy... My Hero kept getting dust under the screen.... And now, this phone which is marketed for having an amazing camera turns out to be only so so....

I want the phone this promises to be... I'm not sure it exists.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
The more I read about this phone the more it feels like HTC.

A promise of the moon and running out of air just short.

My EVO4G had quite a few issues and was fairly laggy... My Hero kept getting dust under the screen.... And now, this phone which is marketed for having an amazing camera turns out to be only so so....

I want the phone this promises to be... I'm not sure it exists.

I experienced the dust under the screen on the Hero. Aside from that I loved that device. The EVO was solid and never gave any issues. The 3D is very solid. Only issue I have with that is occasionally when trying to wake the phone up the screen will go black and the bottom keys will light up. Forcing me to toggle the power button a few times to actually get the phone to wake up.

I'm hoping this device is as solid as my 4S has proven to be. I havent had any of the issues I've had on my Android devices with my iPhone 4S. I definitely plan on getting the EVO 4G LTE when it releases because I have a soft spot in my heart for HTC. I'm just hoping the deliver. They've been the most solid line of Android phones Ive used thus far.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I read the one x forums all the time. I wouldn't go totally off of them like the reboots and heat ups because that can be the processor. I only review the camera because I want a good camera but apparently the camera isn't all there

I've read the sensor in this camera allows 40% more light than any other camera on a phone out there. I've seen test shots and they look really good. Of course we wont know for sure until the phone releases but from what I've seen I'm impressed and I think HTC may have out did themselves on the camera.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The Evo 4G is an amazing phone, it is THE 1st superphone (4.3", 4G etc) but honestly the thing that really made it shine is the amazing dev community and the roms.

From what I've read S-OFF on HTC devices is becoming increasingly hard to do which is what really worries me.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I read the One X forum everytime before I come to the E4GLTE forum. I mainly look at software things though because the hardware is a little different

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Now that we're getting close to people getting the US version of the phone it should get interesting. I was surprised to see the ATT&T version only getting 16GB of memory and no optional sizes. Sure glad we get an SD card slot. Already bought a 32GB card to go in mine.

dschoenike

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
maybe its just a tegra problem, but the overheating issues with the one x are a concern for me. some of those screenshots on that forum are showing the temp at 60?c. (140? F) :( I work outside, and can imagine how hot it would get on warm day. Granted, one of the causes are heavy gaming while plugged in, but man that's hot. maybe the sprint version with the kickstand will act as a heatsink :)
dsc

dhoshman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much. First day i purchased the Evo 3d i promise the thing overheated and rebooted twice before i got home, i live 5 min away from the Sprint store. But after that everything went pretty smoothe for the next 4 or 5 months i kept it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

anon(603471)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
You'd also think things like the camera, the screen, and the signal strength of the phone would all be reasons not to get the Nexus. But, that's just me. :)

I know, I know. It's a great phone. 2 of my friends have it (one on sprint and one on verizon) and it's taking everything I have not to go get one right now. I just want more info on the new Evo first. The Evo 4G was my first Android phone 2 years ago when it launched and I'm still using it. So if the new one is as great as this one was when it launched, I'd like to get it and stay with the Evo line. And the Nexus is my first choice if the 4gLTE doesn't seem up to par.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2