HTC/Sprint EVO 4G LTE Launch Event...unprofessionalism on display

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Why is it that every new phone claims to be the best, claims to stand alone above the rest and yet, can't get a launch event / press release right?

I watched the Sprint/HTC EVO 4G LTE Launch Event and was very disappointed at the quality of the presentation and the brand image being portrayed.

Say what you will about Apple, but I have never seen another phone company come anywhere near the quality of their launch events.

If a company is going to have a chance to defeat Apple, they must enhance the quality of their brand...not the individual phone.

To have a launch event where words are mis-spelled in the presentation or timing is missed and the presenter (Jonah Becker) has to talk over the audio from the video playing in the background is quite disheartening.

A phone will never take top spot by having more megahertz, more ram or higher resolution. A superior phone is needed, no doubt; but a company that can deliver a superior brand image and presentation is needed more.

The large majority of customers are looking for the best experience...not the best specs. Please, please HTC, Motorola or even Samsung....deliver a quality experience...from brand image, to presentation to phone performance to timely updates...If not, every Android manufacturer will always be competing to make the number 1 number 2 selling phone.

:'(

P.S. Don't even get me started on the HTC One X event...that was worse. I understand HTC isn't an American company, but its one thing to put a person on stage (even if they are CEO) who can barely speak English, its another to keep him there for 20 minutes...

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC/Sprint EVO 4G LTE Launch Event...unprofessionalism on dis

Why is it that every new phone claims to be the best, claims to stand alone above the rest and yet, can't get a launch event / press release right?

I watched the Sprint/HTC EVO 4G LTE Launch Event and was very disappointed at the quality of the presentation and the brand image being portrayed.

Say what you will about Apple, but I have never seen another phone company come anywhere near the quality of their launch events.

If a company is going to have a chance to defeat Apple, they must enhance the quality of their brand...not the individual phone.

To have a launch event where words are mis-spelled in the presentation or timing is missed and the presenter (Jonah Becker) has to talk over the audio from the video playing in the background is quite disheartening.

A phone will never take top spot by having more megahertz, more ram or higher resolution. A superior phone is needed, no doubt; but a company that can deliver a superior brand image and presentation is needed more.

The large majority of customers are looking for the best experience...not the best specs. Please, please HTC, Motorola or even Samsung....deliver a quality experience...from brand image, to presentation to phone performance to timely updates...If not, every Android manufacturer will always be competing to make the number 1 number 2 selling phone.

:'(

P.S. Don't even get me started on the HTC One X event...that was worse. I understand HTC isn't an American company, but its one thing to put a person on stage (even if they are CEO) who can barely speak English, its another to keep him there for 20 minutes...

<Tongue planted firmly in cheek>
Perhaps they could follow your lead and have paragraphs that only have one sentence and utilize ellipses like they are going out of style. While we are at it, the correct spelling is "misspelled", not "mis-spelled". Those who live in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones.
</Tongue planted firmly in cheek>

I know that wasn't the meaning behind your post and you aren't presenting to an audience at an event where you would expect correct spelling and grammar. I am for sure not a member of the grammar police you see on fora around this corner of the internet. If anything, I am one that the grammar police pull over and give a ticket for breaking some rule. I just thought it was kind of funny. :D

I don't know about others, but I would much rather have a device that has the specs and functions to place it above the rest than I would have a presentation that is absolutely perfect down to every last second of timing and grammatical correctness.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site

I'll take function over Disneyesque icrap any-day. What good is an electronic communicator device if it won't communicate? My E3d will connect when icrap won't, but people I know *love* their icrap even if they would be better off using a string and two tin cans at times!! lol ltm :p

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I could give a dam about a presentation lolol. I want specs. Period! Can't wait to have this beast.

EVO - LUTION 3D

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
My grammar may not be perfect on the web forum, yet, I am not a multi billion dollar company, or two, releasing a phone that designed to make millions.

Specs don't matter, they really dont. Look at windows phone, they have the smoothest operating system, yet run on a single core processor. Explain that.

I watched comparison sample test of the video camera quality between the 4s and the One x... Guess what? The image looks better on the One x, yet the audio is better on the 4s and the images are not blown out indoors on the 4s.

Sometimes it's not worth having the highest horsepower motor if you can't steer.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My grammar may not be perfect on the web forum, yet, I am not a multi billion dollar company, or two, releasing a phone that designed to make millions.

Specs don't matter, they really dont. Look at windows phone, they have the smoothest operating system, yet run on a single core processor. Explain that.

I watched comparison sample test of the video camera quality between the 4s and the One x... Guess what? The image looks better on the One x, yet the audio is better on the 4s and the images are not blown out indoors on the 4s.

Sometimes it's not worth having the highest horsepower motor if you can't steer.

I know you're not, neither am I. ;-)

But now that you are bringing it back to functions and specs, how does the press event spelling and timing relate to the camera differences between the iPhone and the ONE X?

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

The only who cares about presentation is you. The majority of the Android users want to see the form and function of the phone, but I am looking forward to one phone presentation coming up, and that is the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I know you're not, neither am I. ;-)

But now that you are bringing it back to functions and specs, how does the press event spelling and timing relate to the camera differences between the iPhone and the ONE X?
I am trying to show it is not about a single component, but about the item as a whole.
The only who cares about presentation is you. The majority of the Android users want to see the form and function of the phone, but I am looking forward to one phone presentation coming up, and that is the Samsung Galaxy S3.
So I am the only one who cares about the presentation, but you are looking forward to one as well?

Samsung will probably use the same crappy cell radio as every other one of their android phones, so there's no point in watching the presentation, as the phone will suck anyway.

Last edited:

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I am looking forward to hearing about the specs and, could careless if the owner of the company second language is English.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to show it is not about a single component, but about the item as a whole.

So I am the only one who cares about the presentation, but you are looking forward to one as well?

Samsung will probably use the same crappy cell radio as every other one of their android phones, so there's no point in watching the presentation, as the phone will suck anyway.

I don't think you're the only one who cares about presentation. When there is a lot of hype and build up for the next latest and greatest, we tend to follow that hype all the way to the end.

Also, let's face it....by the time the presentation has started, we already know everything there is to know about the specs. We watch these presentations in hopes of seeing something awe inspiring that hasn't been already leaked. During that time we're also going to notice flaws because that's what we as people do.

Now someone said most people don't care about this sort of stuff and I'll say what I've said elsewhere...these type of forums don't contain your average user so expectations are different.

And in conclusion, if I'm going to take the time to actually watch the presentation, I don't want my $600 investment presented with the fanfare of 2 cans and a string.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
This is why middlemen exist. HTC sells the phones to Sprint, and Sprint will sell them to customers. It's not worth it to HTC to prioritize the presentation and marketing, just let the carriers handle it as they know their local markets better anyway.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Who cares about a presentation? All I need is a picture and a specs list. :)

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Informal presentation = leaked info and supposed pics posted by anyone whose willing to post it to the internet.

Formal presentation = manufacturer finished product with a big reveal.

Specs are nice but anyone who doesn't admit to sitting on pins and needles waiting for what the manufacturer is going to bestow isn't being completely honest with themselves....e.g. Samsungs London event.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Good observation, op. Personally its all about the device and what it offers me. I will not base it on the unveiling presentation of a product by any company.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Google Nexus event was also truly awful. Face it, Apple has perfected the art, they are after all in the business of selling an image.

I wish more Android manufacturers realized that impressions do count, not just specs, and they need to put a little more effort if they want to win customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol