Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cmandd View Post
    Yep, I'm a Sprint employee.
    Hmm, I would think if a Sprint employee knew about this, they would either know the actual release date or be guessing like the rest of us. Since your post is guessing at the date I wouldn't put too high a certainty on it.

Of course there is a definite possibility that nobody at Sprint knows for certain since maybe it's all tied to when their manufacturer actually delivers the devices.

I would hope that there will be an actual date come Monday at 8am but not holding my breath anymore.

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by cmandd View Post
    Yep, I'm a Sprint employee.
    Well, here's hoping you're wrong then! I can't wait to get my hand on my very own E4GLTE.

Default Re: Release Date

I was at a best buy mobile store at the mall today jus to ask ?s about buying a cell phone through them and aske about te preorder of the Evo 4g lte and was told that they hope to hear something from corporate within the next couple of days just for the pre order date.

Then the guy asked another guy and he said the Mid of May. I said that's cool if it comes ou in te middle of May and then the guy looked at me and said in June. Which by the way he looked at me you could tell he didn't know. All I know is I an on preordering through Sprint.

Us why release the phone in June when the gs3 releases the same month...doesn't sound right.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Hmm, I would think if a Sprint employee knew about this, they would either know the actual release date or be guessing like the rest of us. Since your post is guessing at the date I wouldn't put too high a certainty on it.

Of course there is a definite possibility that nobody at Sprint knows for certain since maybe it's all tied to when their manufacturer actually delivers the devices.

I would hope that there will be an actual date come Monday at 8am but not holding my breath anymore.
    We get a new store layout plan two weeks in advance of any new device launch, the only launch for 5/18 was the new LG Optimus.
    That, combined with the fact that seed devices have not hit stores yet would put the date at being late May/Early June at the earliest. Seed devices typically hit at least 2 weeks before a phone launches, if there is a seed program, which there will be for the E4GLTE.

(SN: Seed devices [ or advocate program] is when an employee in each store recieves the phone early, trains on it and teaches the store how to operate and sell the phone)

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blueluck77 View Post
    I really hope this guy knew what he was talking about. Although, a friday is a strange release day for a phone from Sprint.
    The original EVO 4G released on June 4th back in 2010 which was a Friday.

Shouldn't be longer than a few weeks pre release Monday that's all I know first week June I guess

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Libdawg View Post
    The original EVO 4G released on June 4th back in 2010 which was a Friday.
    The EVO 3D was launched June 24, 2011, a Friday. It's pretty safe to assume that the E4GLTE will launch on a Friday.

I think Sprint has to get this out by the end of May with the GSIII coming by end of June beginning of July.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123