1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default What Navigation App(s)?

I know we'll get Google Navigation on the new device but is there anything else? Did Sprint drop Telenav? Whatever happend to HTC's offline-capable Locations app?
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

MapQuest for mobile is also pretty good too...used that for a while before I came to Android...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: What Navigation App(s)?

Would I be able to take my Telenav APK off of my EVO 4G and install it on the new phone?
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

google maps is the best. true dat.. double true

I used Telenav before on something, don't recall the phone, but I love Google Maps so I use that all the time.

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Is there a particular reason that you don't want to use Google maps? You can cache an area so that you can use it without having a data connection too.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I use google nav from time to time but it takes me on weird routes. I use Telenav every day for my commute home because the traffic alerts guide me on the right route home.

ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

Being a Sprint phone should come with TeleNav already installed. If not, you can download it from the market - sorry I shop, don't play so to me it'll always be the Android Market.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidOne View Post
    Being a Sprint phone should come with TeleNav already installed. If not, you can download it from the market - sorry I shop, don't play so to me it'll always be the Android Market.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    I've watched the app tray in all of the videos I could find and don't see Telenav listed. I'll try it from the market if it doesn't come preloaded. It's the one bloatware item that I really do appreciate. Too bad it looks like HTC Locations fizzled. Maybe it will comeback when they reboot htcsense.com.

Every phone comes with that app...could just not be a final ROM.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Every phone comes with that app...could just not be a final ROM.
    Yeah, that's why I didn't do a "What's on the phone" post at the announcement event. Felt like set stuff was missing.