i have offical sprint evo lte training tomorrow. questions?

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
How strong is the vibrate? How visible is the notification light? How does HD voice sound? And does it look better in person?

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
OK, here are 10 Really good and serious questions:

1. Will there be options for replaceable top back casings? (Like different colors)

2. When will Sprint actually start turning ON there LTE network?

3. Release Date? Timeframe?

4. How much more improved is the battery life?

5. Will the HD Voice feature only be usable in markets where there is LTE, or has a bigger chunk of Sprint's network already been upgraded for this feature?

6. Will Sprint Customers be getting the 25GB of free Cloud storage offer from DropBox (Like previous new HTC devices on other networks)

7. Will Google be offering a $50 Google Wallet credit for the Evo LTE (like they are doing with the Galaxy Nexus), since the Evo LTE also has Google Wallet?

8. Any idea about availability of Cases and price?

9. Will Sprint be carrying Beats Headphones? If so, How much will they cost?

10. Last but not least: Will Sprint be offering a Evo 3D (and/or Evo 4G) Buyback program like they did last year? If so, How much will they buy back the Evo 3D and the Evo 4G for?

zaaye

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Does it have pop up notifications that can turn on screen?
Does it allow you to pull notification bar down with out unlocking phone?

dmaul3300

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
The questions I have are:

1. Does it have swype, if do what version?
2. Will nintendo Wii remotes work with sense 4.0 without rooting?
3. How much internal memory does it have to install apPS?
4. Will 64 gig sd cards work?
5. What bloatware does it have and is it removable without root?
6. What accessaries will be available at launch? I hope the invisible Shield will be available at launch.

The last Queston, if it comes out in may, will they allow people who are eligible to upgrade the first week in June to upgrade early without having to wait a couple of Weeks?

silversentra1999

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this has already been covered elsewhere but does the EVO have a different camera than the One X? I currently have the Epic Touch and don't want to downgrade my camera in any way. Thanks!
Ok no the camera is exactly the same. As the one x. Although the sprint version if the phone has many uprades to the one series. One of wich being Expandable memory. Up to 32gigs on micro sd. Which isint an option otherwise.

Reactions: fivegear

silversentra1999

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Since the battery is non-removable will it be serviceable at Sprint stores or only via sending it in to HTC?
Yes we wull be able to service the phone at the store. And dont worry about the phone battery im sure it will get swapped out if it goes bad. Or else we will have to use the same approch we use on iphones.

silversentra1999

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Probably a "yes" (and maybe answered elsewhere) but are they still going to charge us the $10 4G surcharge when there's no LTE anywhere?

I didn't mind paying it for the Wimax, but seems strange that they're probably going to keep charging it to everyone for a currently non-existent service.

Ok so the 10$ charg isnt for 4g. Period its because its a smartphone. The blackberry ,curve ansmd htc arrive also the ipone 4s and 4 also have to pay 10 dollars also for 3g. None of wich are capable of 4g.

silversentra1999

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't use Google calendar therefore I would like three phone/app developers to give us the option ,maybe you can suggest...r thank you.

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk

I did talk to him one on one with about this subject. He amsaid frome the google side it is the only wAy to fix the holidays. I honestly was mad that the calendar app didnt change the repete frequency for bi weekly wasent there myself

silversentra1999

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Will it blend?

On a serious note, though, let us know if there is any schedule for release of accessories w/ Sprint.

Ok now this is my favorite part. There are two evo accessaries that you will all want. The first is the wireless dongle for your car. It will plug into your radio 3.5 jack. And you can only guess what beats audio on your phone will sound like on your car.

The other is the wireless hdmi which i beleve is even better. All it does is make a wifi connection to your dongle whichis pluged to your hdmi and a usb on your tv or power adapter. And it will taje a three finger swipe on your phone screen to "throw " the phone screen in its full glory. Not just the videos and stuff we had to deal with on the old evos.

silversentra1999

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Will we be able to pair HUI Bluetooth devices (keyboard, mouse, etc) with the Ebo LTE?

Yes it has bluetooth 4.0 i belive. And with the wireless dongle it will also multitask while playing video on the tv so you can do something totally diffrebt with your phone. Dongle is 89.99 in store on launch.

silversentra1999

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Well battery life is always a question.... See how much the battery drops during the training :p

Ok so the battery is 2000 mah. So that with the reduced footprint of sense in the phone. It was running 4less processes in the back. And he had 14 hrs on the battery with 47 percent left to go with only 1 hr of charge throuout theday and at full brightness. He said since hes had it a month. Jhe get an easy 20 -24 hrs on a charge. And i believe it after flashing cm9to my 3d i get over 13 hrs and my batery is 1750

Reactions: H_D

silversentra1999

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
How strong is the vibrate? How visible is the notification light? How does HD voice sound? And does it look better in person?

I didnt test the vibrate. And i didnt notice a light. Dosent mean it wasnt there. My theory on the vibrate was that as light. And thin as that phone was. It has to have a snaller vibrater in it but it will have to rattle that phone a bit. Its easuly the ligjtiest and brightest thing ive ever picked up.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone has ever come up with a single piece of evidence that sprint considered this a 4G fee.

Mikey,

When Sprint started the 10 Dollar charge,It was for "Premium Data" ala 4G.

At the time only the Evo 4G was charged this fee because of the ability to
connect to Sprints 4G Wimax. I remember this clearly when upgrading my phone
at a local Sprint store.
However, my wife at the same time wanted a physical keyboard
and opted to get a 8300 BlackBerry(3G only).

She was not charged the extra 10 dollars for a full year until she upgraded(Don't ya just miss the Gold membership) to get a Evo 4G too;)

We were on the same plan as now.
Simply 1500 minute share unlimited data.

I do know now that Sprint does indeed charge this fee to all smart phones now.
But it wasn't like that before.

silversentra1999

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
OK, here are 10 Really good and serious questions:

1. Will there be options for replaceable top back casings? (Like different colors).
No only the top comes off. It is solid aluminim the rest of the way down

2. When will Sprint actually start turning ON there LTE network?
Already doing it in 3 fifties and announced 6 city's and turning off Nextel everyday. It is well on its way trust me.
3. Release Date? Timeframe? Less than 2 weeks after may 7th

4. How much more improved is the battery life? Much much improved.

5. Will the HD Voice feature only be usable in markets where there is LTE, or has a bigger chunk of Sprint's network already been upgraded for this feature? All of the market where network vision is will have this feature. It is evo only that has this. No other phone will and it is evo to evo not to anyother phone so it will be noticeable. So yes sits an Ltd feature.

6. Will Sprint Customers be getting the 25GB of free Cloud storage offer from DropBox (Like previous new HTC devices on other networks)
Yes you will Good sir.

7. Will Google be offering a $50 Google Wallet credit for the Evo LTE (like they are doing with the Galaxy Nexus), since the Evo LTE also has Google Wallet?
Yes and yes. Prepossessing as well as some sound hound integration in sence music hub.

8. Any idea about availability of Cases and price?'
Otterbox is working on it. They think there will be some good options out there.

9. Will Sprint be carrying Beats Headphones? If so, How much will they cost? Yes the buds are 99. Also the bigger set at 149. Every store will have a display showcasing evo with beats plugged in.

10. Last but not least: Will Sprint be offering a Evo 3D (and/or Evo 4G) Buyback program like they did last year? If so, How much will they buy back the Evo 3D and the Evo 4G for?
buyback will be there for us. The price fluctuates so hopefully you catch a good day. You can check yourself at sprint.com/buyback.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE