What time can we preorder on May 7th?

anon(22347)

May 15, 2010
Visit site
There's a timer on the sprint page counting down to may 7th. If I do my math right it looks like it will hit 0 at about 8 a.m. central time on monday

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't rush to preorder because their will be better offers from other retailers such as, Bestbuy, Target, Radioshack, Amazon, etc shortly after.

Reactions: WeGlobal

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
No waiting for this guy...Sprint.com it is at 0800 or whenever I can.

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

anon(22347)

May 15, 2010
Visit site
When I stopped at the Best Buy in Round Rock, TX the other day, I was told they were going to take pre-orders starting on May 8th. I'm going to try stopping at a different location today and see if I get a different answer, hoping that they got the date wrong.

olsonn

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a stupid noob-ish question:

Does Sprint charge shipping costs, and if so, what are the usual rates (especially for the "Delivery ASAP" option)?

And I guess the follow-up question is... Do other providers (Amazon, Best Buy, etc.) have shipping costs for phone pre-orders?

Gotta imagine they do - nothing's free. :)

commonplace

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Like Eagan said, the countdown timer on Sprint's site shows it hitting at 9am Eastern time, 8am Central, 6am Pacific.

I've never pre-ordered a phone before, so I really don't know how it works. If it comes out on 18 May as is one of the rumors, I won't be home -- I'll be on vacation. So... is the phone going to show up on my doorstep on 18 May? If I pre-order through, say, Best Buy, can I pick it up at any Best Buy (like, one in California, where I'm vacationing)? I want the phone as soon as I can get it, and I don't want it sitting at my house for a week while I'm out of state. Should I just skip the pre-order and try to get it on release day at Best Buy? Thoughts from anyone who's pre-ordered, especially from Best Buy? How does it work?

/Kevin

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I would imagine that if you preorder and UPS tries to deliver but you aren't home for a signature, that they will just leave you a notice to pick it up at whatever UPS location it is at.

As for Best Buy, it would be nice if you preordered and they held your phone for you in the store until you picked it up.

Again, I am just speculating, I do not know for sure.

6sigma

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Can you pre-order from Sprint on line and accomplish the following?
  • buy out your upgrade & change your phone from EVO3D to EVO4GLTE
  • get the promo deals (Wallet credit, Dropbox capacity, etc.)
  • receive the EVO4GLTE & activate it without store involvement

Anyone know for sure?

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys please dont take this as a shot, but why does everybody go crazy over a preorder? Kinda like video games, its not like the stores are gonna be sold out. I have never bought a new phone or game and gone to the store and they are sold out on launch. Unless you get some extra perks like sometimes you get with games, I dont understand the preorder unless that makes it 100% you are getting it and just excited lol. No where in my town has Sprint, but 15 mins away they have a Sprint store, Best Buy, Wal Mart, Sams Club, Radio Shack, so Im sure I could get one somewhere

smallpsych

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys please dont take this as a shot, but why does everybody go crazy over a preorder? Kinda like video games, its not like the stores are gonna be sold out. I have never bought a new phone or game and gone to the store and they are sold out on launch. Unless you get some extra perks like sometimes you get with games, I dont understand the preorder unless that makes it 100% you are getting it and just excited lol. No where in my town has Sprint, but 15 mins away they have a Sprint store, Best Buy, Wal Mart, Sams Club, Radio Shack, so Im sure I could get one somewhere

You may be right but in my area, near Princeton, NJ, the original EVO was sold out for quite some time after launch.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I just talked with a knowledgable Sprint rep on the phone. He said that preorders would be sent out and received before any stores get them. I'm ordering my E4GLTE first thing Monday morning.

Reactions: crow11ad

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Some people, like me, don't like to stand in lines! Pre-ordering means it will ship right to my home and I can activate it from there.

(But I also am hoping they arrive before they get them in the stores too!)

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine that if you preorder and UPS tries to deliver but you aren't home for a signature, that they will just leave you a notice to pick it up at whatever UPS location it is at.

As for Best Buy, it would be nice if you preordered and they held your phone for you in the store until you picked it up.

Again, I am just speculating, I do not know for sure.

Nope, they'll leave it on the doorstep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781