Face Unlock On Htc Evo 4G Official?

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I don't see why not neither. from what I understand is that they didn't put this feature on the ns4g is because of the front camera quality since it's only a vga camera. The 1 megapixel front camera on the evo lte shouldn't be a problem.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've heard it is easily defeated by a picture. Did you try that?

I tried it on my friends and it didn't work. My driver's license picture doesn't work but it's not a great picture. I'm surprised how fast it works in various lighting. Thought it was going to just be another gimmick but I like it.

Sent from my HTC EVOLTE using Tapatalk.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it unlocks surprisingly fast for me also. When you set your phone to use Face Unlock, you also have to set up a backup password (PIN or Pattern), just in case someone socks you in the face so hard that your face gets distorted. :p

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it unlocks surprisingly fast for me also. When you set your phone to use Face Unlock, you also have to set up a backup password (PIN or Pattern), just in case someone socks you in the face so hard that your face gets distorted. :p

I set it and rested it with 4 different people and it works like a charm

Sent from my antique Evo 3D that can now be found at the Smithsonian

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes works very fast.
You know, you can go back to the settings and "improve" face recognition. Take several pics under different lighting, with and without reading glasses... works.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol