Online vs Retail Pre-Order

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
So last year I pre-ordered the Evo 3D at my local corporate Sprint store. All went well, and I picked it up when the store opened on release day. Even when I hadn't pre-ordered my previous phones, I've always purchased them and had them activated directly at a Sprint store. This may be a dumb question, but what are the main incentives/adavantages to pre-ordering or purchasing online? Also, how do you go about activating the new phone and de-activating your old phone? Again, that may sound stupid but I've always had this done at Sprint locations and never thought about it until now, since I'm considering pre-ordering online. Thanks for your input!

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered my E3D last year using the premier gold advance order process. I received my phone on Friday, while I believe the pre-orders were not available in-store until Saturday. Online ordering will generally get you the phone the same day as retail release, if not sooner, depending on when your Fedex/UPS delivery driver comes by. Sprint has always shipped me phones via priority overnight. Hint - if you use a business address for deliveries, UPS/Fedex will generally deliver there first before visiting residential addresses, since they know businesses generally close by 5, while most people are not home until the evening.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but what are the main incentives/adavantages to pre-ordering or purchasing online?
From my standpoint, just ease of use. I don't have to drive to a store and possibly wait in line to get the phone or even to pick it up on my spare time, they will simply ship it to me when it is available, and I will most likely get it on the same day or perhaps even a little bit earlier than the actual release date.

ScottRx82 said:
Also, how do you go about activating the new phone and de-activating your old phone?
From my pre-order confirmation message:

Your new device
When you unpack your new device, you can start using it right away. If you upgraded your device, you can activate it online at sprint.com/activate or by giving us a ring at 888-211-4727. In the meantime, you can review information about your HTC EVO? 4G LTE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon