Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Default Re: Best Buy Preorders?

Strange so like I said above best buys selling the phone off contract for $699 but sprint is selling it for $549. Wonder if best buy will price match? My options are buy it off contract and pay it with my buy back which is $280 + cash or buy out my sprint contract for $140 and get the phone for $199. Need to find out the official price since I'm getting two different numbers

Well decided to buy out my contract as it will cost me about $135 out of pocket.

2 questions:
    I'm in the middle of preordering on bestbuy.com and it's asking for credit card info, are they going to charge me the total amount now? Also, at no point did it ask what line I wanted to upgrade. I have 5 lines, three are eligible but not the one I want to upgrade. When it ships will I be able to activate it on the line that I want? Thanks

I think it does charge the full 199+tax.
    It did eventually ask me which line.

Quote Originally Posted by RunOfLuck View Post
    I think it does charge the full 199+tax.
    It did eventually ask me which line.
    That doesn't bother me. It's the activating it on the line I want..
    Last edited by MRBULLRED; 05-07-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by lizziebetha View Post
    I did best buy even though i could've done wirefly. (If you have a bank of america add it up, you could get an extra $50 off) but i chose not to. I read somewhere that wirefly messed up someone's corporate discounts...so i chose to do BB instead since i have the 25% off my bill. just something to think about?
    Can you elaborate on the $50 with a B of A account. I don't know anything about that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Racing View Post
    Can you elaborate on the $50 with a B of A account. I don't know anything about that. Thanks.
    Hi there, I did not go through with it but from my understanding, if you have a Bank of America debit/credit card, you must sign up for their add it up program online. From there, they have retailers that you order online from (direct links you must click on) and I believe they will credit you back later. It's much like a credit card rewards program (like cashbacks). I don't know if it works, but currently the offer is still there. It's under the cellular tab on the side. So if that is true, your phone would be about 100 +tax + activation fee. I just didn't want to mess up my corporate discounts on my phone. hope this helps!

I did the pre-order yesterday @ BB. My net cost will be $49.99 plus tax. In store only, there is a 50/50 running through the beginning of June (I was not given specific date). This is $50 for trading in my existing EVO, and $50 off purchase of the new phone (4G LTE in my case). In addition, I will apply my Phone Freedom $50 gift card (BB promo, February 2012 - at the time, reserved a $50 gift card, knowing I'd be upgrading this month). I had one store tell me no, phone freedom did not apply. My closest BB DID, and I ordered yesterday. Had the BB Mobile sales lead staffer write details of each promo on my confirmation page, and sign, and have his business card. If I'm given any issue, believe me, I'm going to walk out with this phone for $49.99, or they can simply keep it :-).

Quote Originally Posted by lizziebetha View Post
    Hi there, I did not go through with it but from my understanding, if you have a Bank of America debit/credit card, you must sign up for their add it up program online. From there, they have retailers that you order online from (direct links you must click on) and I believe they will credit you back later. It's much like a credit card rewards program (like cashbacks). I don't know if it works, but currently the offer is still there. It's under the cellular tab on the side. So if that is true, your phone would be about 100 +tax + activation fee. I just didn't want to mess up my corporate discounts on my phone. hope this helps!
    I checked BofA's Add it Up and they don't have the $50 offer anymore for BB Wireless. They do for Wirefly though. I just pre-ordered my through BB since I had some gift cards.

Preordered mines using one of my wife's lines last night at Best Buy. Was ready to give them $50 but they said I didn't need a deposit and gave me a reservation sheet. They didn't mention a release date bit said they will call me when the EVO is in their store. Also uprooted my OG EVO back to stock last night so I can get the 50/50 deal and only pay $100. Now its time to shop for a case.

Anyone know if Best Buy will price match the $119 wirefly deal? I already pre-ordered, but it would be nice if they would drop the price some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt85 View Post
    Anyone know if Best Buy will price match the $119 wirefly deal? I already pre-ordered, but it would be nice if they would drop the price some more.
    I don't believe Best Buy matches against Wirefly or any other web site (other than their own); that's how their price match policy is written.

As an aside, how do you get it for $119 from Wirefly? I see $149.99. What's the trick?

/Kevin

I pre ordered mine through Best Buy just a little bit ago and talked to a rep on the phone who told me to disregard their expected delivery dates and that they wouldn't be able to ship it until the release date. Although, yesterday when i talked to a rep about the pre order and asked them if they were actually allowed to ship the phones before sprints release date, they stated that they'd be shipped as soon as they receive them. Still not sure what to believe :/ Anyone else have any info from/about best buy pre orders and shipments?

Does anyone else's order status say "backordered"?

mine still says "In Process"

Sprint says that the only way to get delivery before they are available in stores is to preorder on the Sprint web site. Best Buy is a store.

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGary View Post
    Sprint says that the only way to get delivery before they are available in stores is to preorder on the Sprint web site. Best Buy is a store.
    You are so optimistic Gary, that's what they SAID. We'll see what they DO. =)

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGary View Post
    lol i talked to sprint also about this and they told me that if they receive the shipment of phones before sprint does then they can ship them out as they please

Its a friends & family discount - there is a separate thread for it.

Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    I don't believe Best Buy matches against Wirefly or any other web site (other than their own); that's how their price match policy is written.

As an aside, how do you get it for $119 from Wirefly? I see $149.99. What's the trick?

/Kevin

Never bought or pre-ordered a phone through Best Buy before. I have a corporate discount, would I still be ok pre-ordering with Best Buy? Don't want to mess up my discount.

Quote Originally Posted by rajamahal View Post
    You are so optimistic Gary, that's what they SAID. We'll see what they DO. =)
    I've been with Sprint for almost 13 years. I can only go by my own experience with them. You don't gain my business and my trust by being dishonest.

ahhh my bestbuy status just switched to backordered >.< anyone else experiencing this also ?

Yes, mine says backorder as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ttall81 View Post
    Yes, mine says backorder as well.
    damn :/ any idea on when you think we should be receiving them at all?

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Is anyone having problems going through the credit application process through BB? I done it like 5 times and it says unable to process. I called BB mobile and they said sprints credit application is down? But when I call sprint they said I was approved. I prefer BB to preorder the phone b/c of their insurance and other good stuff.
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast