Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Default Re: Best Buy Preorders?

I have a corporate discount for my monthly charges, too. I still pre-ordered through Best Buy. Unless you receive some sort of discount on the device itself through your company, I'd see no reason not to pre-order, especially if you can take advantage of the 50/50 and if you grabbed the phone freedom reservation dealie in February from BB...

For what it's worth, I just spoke with BBM rep on the phone and asked about the backorder status of my order. The good news is that it is "backordered" only because the phone isn't out yet and they cannot ship it right away...it might as well say "shipment pending release of device".

The bad news is that she was adamant that the phones will not ship until the 18th, meaning that it will not arrive until sometime the following week. I've never pre-ordered online (did it in person through RS for the OG Evo) before this, but it is pretty disappointing thus far. Don't see the point in pre-ordering if I won't have the phone until days after the release date.
    Rooted - Running Vaelpak 3.1
    Launcher Pro Plus

I preordered in store (prob the 1st person at the central austin best buy) on Monday and just got an update email saying "confirming store inventory"

i assume that means, that as long as they send any stock to my location i preordered at, then i should get it.
    TonyLibations likes this.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlo8720 View Post
    I preordered in store ... on Monday and just got an update email saying "confirming store inventory"
    I got the same email. Also had a note about the release date being 5/18.

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by rjl2 View Post
    I got the same email. Also had a note about the release date being 5/18.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by p2cactus View Post
    Me too!
    Ditto. I got it too....
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Got my Best Buy email too with the 18 May 2012 date. I live in Atlanta, so I am looking forward to replacing OG EVO and utilizing the new LTE.

i was just wondering if everyone's best buy order status's are all backordered like mine is ? :/

Mine says under the Status: "Confirming store inventory at Atlanta GA". Hoping that means it is available.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

well i ordered mine to get delivered to my house i'm hoping that i don't end up getting it more than a day or too later than the release date.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    The People's Rom 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by MNofsinger View Post
    I called Sprint back when I got home from work today. Because you can upgrade 2 weeks before your upgrade date (June 1st for me), they are going to change the upgrade date on my account to May18th. She said that this change won't actually show until the 18th, but if I have any problems they will take care of it. Good job Sprint...
    I would double check on this. I called them up yesterday to try and get them to move my date up 2 weeks and they said as of May 1 they are not allowed to do that anymore. I would have to pay the $45 to buy out of my contract. I ended up speaking to the supervisor and they stated that it is the new corporate policy.

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

Just put in my pre order!
    Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my GS4

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

I pre-ordered in store...gave them $50 deposit and they gave me a $50 gift card.

Did the $50 I gave them for the preorder basically get refunded by the gift card or do you get a $50 gift card just for preordering?

I have received no emails about order status but perhaps that's only if you do the order on line?

I've had a suck day and I am sooooo confused.

Also, I signed up for the Freedom thing earlier in the year on both mine and my wifes lines, yet never received any type of email confirmation. Are they still able to look it up and apply it?

Interesting to note that while they had several signs up, I was the first to inquire about or pre-order the phone

Quote Originally Posted by mp35789 View Post
    i was just wondering if everyone's best buy order status's are all backordered like mine is ? :/
    Mine says the same.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock + Goodies by Flex

Hey, hope this helps not just you, but a few others...

- Some places are having you put the $50 down for the pre-order. In that case, you should walk out with a $50 gift card. Bring that gift card back with you when you purchase the phone. So you are out $50 on pre-order day and then $150 on pick-up day, for a total of $200. They just use the gift card to effectively "lock you in".
    - If you pre-order you get a $50 store e-certificate sent to you after activation, so you won't be able to use it towards the purchase.
    - Pre-order or not, you can use the $50 phone freedom credit from February towards the purchase of the phone
    - Pre-order or not, you can get $50 credit and $50 gift card by trading in your EVO. Both of these can be applied to your new phone purchase

** I can verify both of the second cases, as last week, the wife traded in her evo, and both the phone freedom gift card, and the evo credit + gift card were applied to her Epic Touch purchase, with us walking out for $50 (200 - 50 - (50 + 50))

So my personal plan is... I've done the pre-order, and now have a $50 gift card in my hand... I will take that $50 gift card, have them apply that, my $50 phone freedom promo, and my ($50+$50) EVO trade-in towards the phone. So no additional cash. A few days later, I'll get the e-certificate for $50. So in the end, I'm out $50 cash, but have a $50 BB gift card, and in exchange for that, I get the new EVO LTE for free... All things considered, not a bad deal...

I'm picking mine up Fri am pretty much for free. Here's why, I paid sprint 115 to end my contract and now eligible for the full rebate. Im trading in my old EVO 4G and gettn $50 dollar gift card and another $50 to upgrade. Now here's the main reason why i always go through BB. There also giving me $280 for my EVO 3d! So that's $380 I'm getting from BB so its costing me roughly 15 or so dollars for my new EVO LTE. I really don't know why people get there phones else where. For got to add they protection plan $10 is by far better that sprint or any other retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by DHarpin79 View Post
    I would double check on this. I called them up yesterday to try and get them to move my date up 2 weeks and they said as of May 1 they are not allowed to do that anymore. I would have to pay the $45 to buy out of my contract. I ended up speaking to the supervisor and they stated that it is the new corporate policy.
    I double checked on this just a few minutes ago. The guy I go on the phone said that that wasn't how it worked, that I would have to spend $45.00 to buy out my contract. I asked him to check the notes on my file. The notes said that I had been OKed to upgrade on May 18 at Best Buy. He then said let me transfer you to my supervisor. The supervisor also said that I would have to buy out my contract. I said did you read my notes to which he responded no. He the read my notes and saw what they had told me and said that no matter what, they would hold to that agreement but to hold for a few minutes while he talked to upper management to see what was going on. He came back and said that my upgrtade date would go though on the 17th and show on the 18th. He said that this is a one time thing that they are doing for customers only for the month of May. He said that my account has been documented and that it wouldn't be a problem.
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by EVO28312 View Post
    I'm picking mine up Fri am pretty much for free. Here's why, I paid sprint 115 to end my contract and now eligible for the full rebate. Im trading in my old EVO 4G and gettn $50 dollar gift card and another $50 to upgrade. Now here's the main reason why i always go through BB. There also giving me $280 for my EVO 3d! So that's $380 I'm getting from BB so its costing me roughly 15 or so dollars for my new EVO LTE. I really don't know why people get there phones else where. For got to add they protection plan $10 is by far better that sprint or any other retailer.
    Woa $280 for a Evo 3d? I think I might see what magic I can work with BB, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by EVO28312 View Post

Are you sure about the $280 for the EVO 3D? The guy that took my preorder showed me on the computer where it said that the most they would pay is $110.00 if the Evo 3D is in excellent condition.
    Last edited by MNofsinger; 05-11-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: typo
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

BB won't pay out 280 for any phone unless you have buy back on it. and even then, within 6 months only. In oklahoma best buy mobiles pre order signage states customers get a $50 dollar gift card to use towards their upgrade, just for preordering. Furthermore in employee news it states that unlike other preorders customers don't spend 50 dollars to preorder, its just done in beast so that the phone is on order.
    • Phone Freedom is still running. If your number was successfully entered, the employee activating the E4GLTE needs to know that, or he probably won't check it and you won't receive that 50 dollars. Right around the time you sign Sprints contract, opt in, and BBY return policy.
    • OG EVO trade in promotion is good through beginning of June (1st or 3rd or something). 50 for any condition (not sure about bad esn, but covers damaged screens, etc) plus 50 dollars GC for upgrading to new sprint phone.

No sorry your wrong. The buy back program gives you a percent of what the phones worth at full price $699. I bought mine on launch date June 24th witch o fall under 6-12 mo Mark. Therefore I get 280. I'll already confirmed this twice as recent as last week. I have the receipt to prove it.

This is why i always by my phones through BB. They offer the buy back and protection program that no one else can rival. I went through 4 EVO 3d's and never had to pay more than my $10 a mo fee

Just preordered phones for my wife and I. Did not have to pay anything to preorder/reserve. They said they would give me $50 gift card for each phone when I pick up and activate that I could use to pay for the phones. Then for trading in our old EVO 4Gs we will get $50 credit and $50 gift card for each phone. I should be able to use all of that to pay for the phone when checking out. So $50 out of my pocket (actually $100 for 2 phones) and out the door. The guy said he thought they would have them in store on May 18th but I am not holding my breath. Actually probably picking it up a day or so later will be less of a hassle and wait to activate and trade-in my old phones. He said they would email and call when it is in stock. So far it is painless...we will see how it all ends

does anyone know what day best buys receive stock? i thought they told me the dates a while ago, but forget (and not sure if its the same across the best buy kingdom).

Im going to be calling prob thursday night (or maybe even going in) to see if they got the stock in, so i can know if ill be setting up an appt on friday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by jlo8720 View Post
    does anyone know what day best buys receive stock? i thought they told me the dates a while ago, but forget (and not sure if its the same across the best buy kingdom).

Im going to be calling prob thursday night (or maybe even going in) to see if they got the stock in, so i can know if ill be setting up an appt on friday morning.
    I called Best Buy Yesterday to see if they were setting up apointments. The guy I spoke to said that the managers have been discussing setting up apointments but that they hadn't made a decesion yet as to how they were going to handle it. I told him that I had been first to preorder my phone the last 2 years and they while they had made apointments, no one had called me. I had to call to set one up. I wanted to make sure I got an apointment...

If they decide not to do apointments, it will be total chaos...
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast