Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 25 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Best Buy Preorders?

Is Best Buy doing preorders starting today too?

Default Re: Best Buy Preorders?

That's what I'm wondering. Gonna follow this thread now and see who says what. Been refreshing Best Buy's main page and also their EVO 4G LTE pre-order information page, but the main page says nothing and the pre-order page still just has the same old "sign up to be notified" message up.

I've heard their pre-order is/might be just in stores? I've never pre-ordered before (from Best Buy, or anywhere), so I don't know, but at least a couple people said Best Buy's pre-orders are done in-store only. If that's the case, I might try to go after work, but we'll see. Otherwise, I might be out early on launch day trying to get one. Still hoping to avoid that, though!

Honestly, I'd do Wirefly but I'm going to be on vacation and I don't want it shipping to my house at that time -- and I want my hands on it as soon as I can.

/Kevin
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    That's what I'm wondering. Gonna follow this thread now and see who says what. Been refreshing Best Buy's main page and also their EVO 4G LTE pre-order information page, but the main page says nothing and the pre-order page still just has the same old "sign up to be notified" message up.

I've heard their pre-order is/might be just in stores? I've never pre-ordered before (from Best Buy, or anywhere), so I don't know, but at least a couple people said Best Buy's pre-orders are done in-store only. If that's the case, I might try to go after work, but we'll see. Otherwise, I might be out early on launch day trying to get one. Still hoping to avoid that, though!

Honestly, I'd do Wirefly but I'm going to be on vacation and I don't want it shipping to my house at that time -- and I want my hands on it as soon as I can.

/Kevin
    I think it is instore only. That's how it was when I preordered the Touch Pro and then the OG Evo. I might have to run by Best Buy at lunch and see, because they opened their preorders the same day as Sprint did for the OG Evo.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by BPHusker View Post
    I think it is instore only. That's how it was when I preordered the Touch Pro and then the OG Evo. I might have to run by Best Buy at lunch and see, because they opened their preorders the same day as Sprint did for the OG Evo.
    Thanks for the info! If you do go at lunch, would you mind reporting back your findings? I'm not really anywhere near a Best Buy, so it might save me a trip (if the pre-order hasn't started yet). Either way, thanks for the information!

/Kevin

I am going to be out of town as well (but in a city with a best buy). I might call them and try to get on the list of that best buy so i can pick up closer to launch day.

the only thing i have observed so far is : no official pre realease (either on line or in store) but some stores are having a soft/unofficial presale (seemingly the same way of teh evo3d at Best buy)

Quote Originally Posted by jlo8720 View Post
    I am going to be out of town as well (but in a city with a best buy). I might call them and try to get on the list of that best buy so i can pick up closer to launch day.

the only thing i have observed so far is : no official pre realease (either on line or in store) but some stores are having a soft/unofficial presale (seemingly the same way of teh evo3d at Best buy)
    That's exactly what I want to do -- pre-order/reserve at a Best Buy out-of-state where I'll be vacationing when it launches. Just wish Best Buy would give us some more information on their pre-order.

Let me know if you have any success. I'm not going to be able to try until after work (4pm Eastern).

/Kevin

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Just called my local BB and was told that they are taking pre-orders, but couldn't confirm if the 50/50 trade-in deal was applicable because as far as he knew, it wasn't coming out until mid-June, after the deal expires.

Odds are, this fella was clueless, so I'm going to try a different store. If I get a similar answer, I'll just pull the trigger on Sprint.com.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

I'm probably gonna go try to check this out at lunch time and see if they'll let me pre-order the phone in store. Just posted a thread about a similar thing pretty much.

Yesterday I called up my local Best Buy (the same Best Buy I went to when I pre-ordered the OG EVO 4G) and I asked them if they were taking pre-orders of the EVO4GLTE tomorrow (which is today) and the Best Buy Rep said she doesn't see anything on the schedule for that.

She was just probably clueless, but just passing down the info I got.

I just talked to two of the local Best Buy stores here in Louisville and they are starring preorders today.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by MNofsinger View Post
    I just talked to two of the local Best Buy stores here in Louisville and they are starring preorders today.
    That's awesome, since I'm at work right now in Louisville! I'll go by one after I get off work and try to pre-order. Only "catch" for me would be that I need to pick it up in another state, since I'm on vacation. I've heard other people have done that in the past with no problems, though.

/Kevin

I am going to preorders at lunch...

Quote Originally Posted by MNofsinger View Post
    I am going to preorders at lunch...
    Awesome. If you think of it, post back and let us know how it goes!

/Kevin

I stopped by BB in the Woodlands, texas this morning and they are not taking pre-orders yet. Said they have not received the email with the barcode for preorders!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ecoleye View Post
    Just called my local BB and was told that they are taking pre-orders, but couldn't confirm if the 50/50 trade-in deal was applicable because as far as he knew, it wasn't coming out until mid-June, after the deal expires.

Odds are, this fella was clueless, so I'm going to try a different store. If I get a similar answer, I'll just pull the trigger on Sprint.com.
    Called a different store and got a much more competent SR. They are starting pre-orders today, but I still can't get a firm answer on the 50/50 trade-in deal. The rep took my phone number and promised to do some research and call me back.

He also said their pre-orders run through the end of May and they haven't been given a shipping date, so does that mean a mid-June release through BB really could be true?

The other interesting thing he said is that they don't require a deposit for the pre-orders, which has me a little concerned. I think I'd prefer to fork over the money now and be guaranteed to get the phone on release day (or sooner).
    Thanked by 2:

Awesome. If you think of it, post back and let us know how it goes!

/Kevin
    Will do. I feel pretty confident since I called two different Best Buys. I am keeping my fingers crossed..
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

I just pre-ordered my EVO 4G LTE from my Best Buy in Illinois. No money down with an estimated date of arrival of May 18th. They are also stacking the $50 Phone Freedom gift card with the $50 credit/$50 EVO 4G trade-in promotion which this particular location says ends sometime early June...either the 2nd or the 5th. Yep...that adds up to $50 for the brand new precious.

Woo. Hoo.
    Thanked by 3:

Only part I'm not liking is the "no money down". Like ecoleye said, I'd rather hand over some money so I'm guaranteed a phone.

How's the $50 phone freedom thing work? Is that only if you're trading something in, too?

/Kevin

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Only part I'm not liking is the "no money down". Like ecoleye said, I'd rather hand over some money so I'm guaranteed a phone.

How's the $50 phone freedom thing work? Is that only if you're trading something in, too?

/Kevin
    You would've needed to sign up for the Phone Freedom promotion back in February. The promotion was BB offering you a $50 gift card if you were eligible for and renewed your contract anytime this year.

As far as the money down thing, that's a personal preference which I understand. But, please know that it wasn't like they scribbled my name down on a yellow pad. I received a pre-order agreement both in hand and via email. The agreement has a SKU number. They even pre-processed my upgrade up to a certain point in the system.

It certainly wouldn't be the end if the world if something unexpected happened. But, I have enough evidence of a pre-order to act a fool if they tried something.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Dre View Post
    You would've needed to sign up for the Phone Freedom promotion back in February. The promotion was BB offering you a $50 gift card if you were eligible for and renewed your contract anytime this year.

As far as the money down thing, that's a personal preference which I understand. But, please know that it wasn't like they scribbled my name down on a yellow pad. I received a pre-order agreement both in hand and via email. The agreement has a SKU number. They even pre-processed my upgrade up to a certain point in the system.

It certainly wouldn't be the end if the world if something unexpected happened. But, I have enough evidence of a pre-order to act a fool if they tried something.
    Okay, thank you so much for all that information!!! Bummer that I missed out on the Phone Freedom promo back in February, but at least I know up front now that I won't be getting $50 off the phone. And I feel a lot better about the pre-order. Still think it's odd that they don't require money, but hey, if I get the phone, it's really ideal!

/Kevin

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Okay, thank you so much for all that information!!! Bummer that I missed out on the Phone Freedom promo back in February, but at least I know up front now that I won't be getting $50 off the phone. And I feel a lot better about the pre-order. Still think it's odd that they don't require money, but hey, if I get the phone, it's really ideal!

/Kevin
    Good luck, Kevin. Don't forget that if you have an OG EVO to turn in, you might be eligible for up to $100 off...still nothing to sneeze at!
    Thanked by:

I'm a Best Buy Mobile employee so maybe I can shed some light on the preorder situation...

Yesterday (5/6) my store received promotional signage for the EVO 4G LTE preorder marked to be displayed today (5/7) which reads "Reserve Yours Today". The signage also indicates that customers purchasing the Evo with a 2 year agreement will receive a $50 BB gift card. My impression was that the gift card will be activated after tendering the phone transaction so it most likely cannot be used on the purchase of the phone itself.

I think the confusion of the Best Buy Mobile employees that many of you spoke to today is based on the fact that we received no preorder processing instructions for the EVO LTE as we typically do for big phone launches. The ONLY thing I've heard of the preorders is from the signage we received, which is unusual since we are typically emailed instructions several days beforehand. It appears that someone in corporate dropped the ball on that one.

If you do preorder from a BBYM typically we charge a $50 deposit but since no instructions were given, I can see why that deposit was waived for several of you. Paying the deposit does not make you any more likely to receive the phone on launch day. Inventory of the EVO for any given store will be based on the number of preorders that particular location receives. So if the distribution center has 500 EVO's to allocate to the stores it services, a higher proportion will go to stores with more preorders. When the stores receives the phones, preorders will automatically be pulled and reserved for the customers based on the order of the preorders. You will receive an email indicating if your phone is ready to pick up on launch day.

As far as the OG Evo trade in program, that promo runs until 6/2 so if the EVO LTE is released before then you should have no problem getting that promo (which only works with a 2 year agreement, not with handset only). So essentially if you trade in your OG Evo (any condition), you'll get the phone for $149.99 plus a $50 gift card which CAN be used on the purchase of the phone.

The phone freedom promo (if you signed up in February) specifically said that it cannot be stacked with other promotions, but since the promo comes in the form of an instant gift card (and not as a discount on the price of the phone) it can most likely be used on the purchase of the LTE based on the discretion of the BBYM manager.

Hope this helps. I'm not working till Wednesday so in the mean time more specific preorder instructions will probably be distributed to employees.
    Thanked by 5:

Best Buy's web site finally has information about the pre-order:

$50 Best Buy gift card offer
    Pre-order the HTC EVO 4G LTE and get a $50 Best Buy gift card when you activate the phone.*

You can order it online now for $199.99 plus tax (if applicable). No mention of a release date. I'm still going to wait and do it in-store, I think.

I just really, really wish they (Sprint, Best Buy, anyone at all) would say exactly when it's available. Normally it wouldn't matter but the possible release date (18 May) falls during my out-of-state vacation... argh! I just want it as quickly as I can get it, but I don't want it waiting for pickup in California when I'm in Kentucky -- or vice versa!

/Kevin

I just went into one of the Best Buys here in Louisville and did my preorder. Everything went fine even though I am not due to upgrade until June 1st. However I just got back to work and checked the e-mail on my phone. I got an email saying that my phone is preordered and that the order total is $699.00.... I called and the sales person said that this is normal.... Has anyone else experienced this?
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by prapoza07 View Post
    I'm a Best Buy Mobile employee so maybe I can shed some light on the preorder situation...
    What about pre-ordering at one location for pickup at another location? Is that possible? Thanks for sharing your insider information!

/Kevin
Page 1 of 25 1234 ... LastLast