Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default White EVO 4G LTE?

I just pre-ordered my wife's EVO 4G LTE and it should be here next Friday (or so). However, after I placed the order I had a thought back to when I ordered her original EVO. Shortly after I ordered her original EVO, the white version was release. Now I'm wondering if a white 4G LTE will be released in the near future. A lot of people are not happy with the way the back of the current version and a white version would take care of that issue pretty well. Ugh, maybe I should've waited?

Default Re: White EVO 4G LTE?

In the exact same boat and going to wait. They've done each year for the past two releases. Shortly after the black one is released, a white one is released. I also believe the white one will look better.

I'm going to wait and see. First time I'm actually waiting and not jumping on it from day one. <--- sad face. lol
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
    In the exact same boat and going to wait. They've done each year for the past two releases. Shortly after the black one is released, a white one is released. I also believe the white one will look better.

I'm going to wait and see. First time I'm actually waiting and not jumping on it from day one. <--- sad face. lol
    I'm good for an upgrade as well. If her E4L performs as well as my photon, I could always assume ownership of her phone and get her the white one

I actually kind of want the white one (with the WiFi's and the GB's ), too; not to look like an iPhone, but to just look different than my previous phones (black slab, black slab, black slab).

On the other hand, I don't want to wait, so I'm probably just getting the black one. Sure wish white was a launch day color! Sprint could have done that as a "Sprint exclusive" to set them apart from Best Buy, Wirefly, Amazon, etc.

/Kevin
    Thanked by:
    YvesStLawrence likes this.

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

I'm wondering this too.... I'm due for an upgrade right now just about, and I'm really desperate to get a new phone in my hands as soon as possible. That said, after seeing the One X, I think that the white color scheme is absolutely gorgeous. I actually really really like the black/red back side of the Evo, but the front looks so incredibly plain and dated. A white version would help a lot, and I know they've always released a white one not long after launch.

I guess waiting a little while gives me time to compare it to the GS3 and see when that gets announced for sprint.

If they do white, I sure hope they keep the red accents on the back. That'll look really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    I actually kind of want the white one (with the WiFi's and the GB's ), too; not to look like an iPhone, but to just look different than my previous phones (black slab, black slab, black slab).

On the other hand, I don't want to wait, so I'm probably just getting the black one. Sure wish white was a launch day color! Sprint could have done that as a "Sprint exclusive" to set them apart from Best Buy, Wirefly, Amazon, etc.

/Kevin
    Exaclty..! I think its pretty hard for an android phone to look like an iphone, but I've seen people spaz out about droid folks picking a white droid b/c its iphoney. Anyway, the white HTC vivid and white One X are very very nice. I'm going to wait b/c I want something different than my last 4-5 phones as well. Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Evo3d, all been black slabs. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shadnic View Post
    I'm wondering this too.... I'm due for an upgrade right now just about, and I'm really desperate to get a new phone in my hands as soon as possible. That said, after seeing the One X, I think that the white color scheme is absolutely gorgeous. I actually really really like the black/red back side of the Evo, but the front looks so incredibly plain and dated. A white version would help a lot, and I know they've always released a white one not long after launch.

I guess waiting a little while gives me time to compare it to the GS3 and see when that gets announced for sprint.

If they do white, I sure hope they keep the red accents on the back. That'll look really nice.
    I'm thinking the same. If I do wait, it'll give me more time to compare the E4L to the GS3 and the white one normally comes out right after launch.

Just put a Skin-it Skin on it. I ordered the Black as my White Evo has been skin'd from day 1 right after I left BB . I like this better then a case as it still works in all the Docks

Got any pics?

Exaclty..! I think its pretty hard for an android phone to look like an iphone...
    Tell that to Apple and their lawyers and get them to lay off of Samsung. :P

ROM
    Stock

I agree with skinning the phone. I plan to add the dark wood iCarbons skin as soon as they start making them. I'm almost certain they'll do it, since they did for the Evo and Evo 3d.

Hopefully it wont be too long. They have white backs in the "making of" video. Androidcentral also posted a nice render.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails White EVO 4G LTE?-white.jpg   White EVO 4G LTE?-evo-4g-lte-white.jpg  

Link to the video.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNlGtUPuabs[/YT]

Androidcentral Article

http://www.androidcentral.com/forums...ite-evo-4g-lte
    Thanked by:

All white would be very sexy. now if its half and half... it would be TURRble!

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Exaclty..! I think its pretty hard for an android phone to look like an iphone, but I've seen people spaz out about droid folks picking a white droid b/c its iphoney. Anyway, the white HTC vivid and white One X are very very nice. I'm going to wait b/c I want something different than my last 4-5 phones as well. Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Evo3d, all been black slabs. lol
    Saw the white One X today at ATT. Wow. Just wow. That is a great looking device and the screen is just as nice as Phil described in his early review. I would love to have that and hopefully the EVO LTE is as nice, if not better in person. That is hands down the best phone that ATT has and I didn't get the impression that the dude at the store knows that to be true. HTC should sell boat loads of One X and EVO LTEs if people knew what was good for them...I say.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Saw the white One X today at ATT. Wow. Just wow. That is a great looking device and the screen is just as nice as Phil described in his early review. I would love to have that and hopefully the EVO LTE is as nice, if not better in person. That is hands down the best phone that ATT has and I didn't get the impression that the dude at the store knows that to be true. HTC should sell boat loads of One X and EVO LTEs if people knew what was good for them...I say.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.
    juststart likes this.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

I was sort of geeked up to get a white one too...until I saw the white One X at an AT&T store the other day. I didn't much like the way it wasn't white all the way to the screen and still had black bezel around the screen edges...more like it was just a white back piece clipped on. If it had been white all the way I'd be right there with you.

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdangel View Post
    I was sort of geeked up to get a white one too...until I saw the white One X at an AT&T store the other day. I didn't much like the way it wasn't white all the way to the screen and still had black bezel around the screen edges...more like it was just a white back piece clipped on. If it had been white all the way I'd be right there with you.
    All you have to do is look at the white samsung to see why that isn't a good idea. Who wants all the sensor holes to stand out that much?
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by I_Am_Incredible View Post
    All white would be very sexy. now if its half and half... it would be TURRble!
    Says Sir Charles!

ROM
    Stock Android 2.2

I love the feel of the white back at the ATT store. It was "grippy" as my 9yo said. "Not slippery" like the one you have now (samsung GII)She's right. I hope the black one from Sprint is grippy.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kuscoot View Post
    I love the feel of the white back at the ATT store. It was "grippy" as my 9yo said. "Not slippery" like the one you have now (samsung GII)She's right. I hope the black one from Sprint is grippy.
    It actually looks to be half grippy and half slippery.
    : )

Too many people posting on their shipping notices to even notice this little tidbit on the white EVO 4G LTE...

Take a look at page 7 of the presentation. It specifically states "Will launch in Black and White".

I wonder if the whole U.S. Customs fiasco held the white ones up or something?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Too many people posting on their shipping notices to even notice this little tidbit on the white EVO 4G LTE...

Take a look at page 7 of the presentation. It specifically states "Will launch in Black and White".

Right away its gotta be a color thing...

***&#166;-} I think I'm an EVO 4G LTE &#166;-} I think I'm an EVO 4G LTE &#166;-} I think I'm an EVO 4G LTE &#166;-} ***

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDipshizz View Post
    Right away its gotta be a color thing...
    Can't you tell that they've been segregated? It's obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post

very nice find! cant wait to see what it looks like.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast