Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Confirmed 5/15 Shipping Date from Sprint.com Preorders

Dang, I ordered mine off the phone, and the woman (she didn't know what she was talking about) said I will receive it this thursday. I was excited, now I am skeptical of her information. UGH I am happy to have this phone, but I hate being lied to.

My message just changed back to:

Thanks for pre-ordering a shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE, an email will be sent the second it ships. The launch date for this handset will be announced in the next few days, thank you for your patience. Delivery should occur within 1 to 3 business days thereafter. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Wuff View Post
    My message just changed back to:

Thanks for pre-ordering a shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE, an email will be sent the second it ships. The launch date for this handset will be announced in the next few days, thank you for your patience. Delivery should occur within 1 to 3 business days thereafter. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.
    Yea I did my pre order this morning and completed by 8:06 am cst an it said shipping by the 15th. Later on today I checked it and back ordered. Checked it again and got the above. Question is if they have them in stock, then not release the date. Is it trying to fill pre orders or are they making sure the Evo shortage doesnt happen again?

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Did they change the description on the order as well? I've got no status message and the description reads "HTC X325C BAR PHONE", although the product ID is the same. Anyone else have this? Preordered @ 8:04CST this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmorri View Post
    Did they change the description on the order as well? I've got no status message and the description reads "HTC X325C BAR PHONE", although the product ID is the same. Anyone else have this? Preordered @ 8:04CST this morning.
    Just checked mine and it still says "HTC EVO 4G LTE", perhaps you got the one with the golden ticket inside! ;-)

I called and was told the preorder was online only...I called back thinking maybe the lady didn't know what she was talking about, and the next guy told me the same thing lol

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDipshizz View Post
    I called and was told the preorder was online only...I called back thinking maybe the lady didn't know what she was talking about, and the next guy told me the same thing lol
    That's odd. I had no problems ordering over the phone. I had to call because I bought the 3D last year, returned it, and they never reset my upgrade date. They originally were going to charge me $12 for shipping but waived it since I couldn't order online.

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***
    I tried to order online 30 minutes after it opened and it said I couldn't because I had an old plan. The rep said that I could order online and couldn't over the phone. I tried again online and it worked! I first got the backorder message, then the 15th message, I now have the release date message.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

My guess is that the phone will still ship on May 15th, but that Sprint wanted to announce the launch date at CTIA (which starts today in New Orleans) so they pulled the message. The EVO 4G and 3D were both announced at CTIA events.

Quote Originally Posted by ahecht View Post
    The web status of my order also had the May 15th date this morning, but I now get the following:

Is it possible that the May 15th message was programmed in before the LTE problems were discovered, and that they've replaced it with the backorder message? Or did my order get in too late and the first round of phones are already spoken for (I ordered within 20 minutes of the phone being available)?

Does anyone still have the May 15th message in their order status?
    LTE problems mean jack to me, and probably quite a few people. I'm far enough in the boonies that I haven't seen WiMax 4g on my OG EVO, nor do I expect to see LTE 4g at any point in the foreseeable future in my near area.

As long as 3G works I couldn't care less.

FWIW, the email I got was that release date is not announced yet, but an email will be sent as soon as it ships, and thats what the guy in chat told me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmorri View Post
    Mine says the same. "HTC X325C BAR PHONE" I ordered mine over the phone and the lady said I would get email confirmation and I didnt and she also said it may say backordered in the status but said not to worry it will say that because it is a preorder. How come we have no status or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by snobum View Post
    That's odd. I had no problems ordering over the phone. I had to call because I bought the 3D last year, returned it, and they never reset my upgrade date. They originally were going to charge me $12 for shipping but waived it since I couldn't order online.
    Same here. Ordered over the phone, shipping fee was
    waived and she upgraded it to overnight shipping. My only problem is I didnt get no conformation email and my online order status has no status just says "HTC X325C BAR PHONE" and order date.

Here is the message I see now.

Status: Thanks for pre-ordering a shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE, an email will be sent the second it ships. [HL]Delivery will begin within 1 to 3 business days starting May 18th.[/HL] Thank you for your patience. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.

Mine too. Maybe they are getting ready to ship them today.
    nathy321 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crow11ad View Post
    Mine too. Maybe they are getting ready to ship them today.
    What in that sentence would make you think that? Was it the shipping on may 18th part?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Quote Originally Posted by bbrammeier View Post
    Here is the message I see now.

Status: Thanks for pre-ordering a shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE, an email will be sent the second it ships. [HL]Delivery will begin within 1 to 3 business days starting May 18th.[/HL] Thank you for your patience. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.
    Updated chat just now...apparently they just can't seem to get the online status correct:

Jessica: [HL]With your pre-order, you can expect to receive your order on, or by, the 18th.[/HL] You will also receive a shipping confirmation email the moment your order leaves our warehouses.
    Jessica: Feel free to check on the status of your order at anytime. You may do so by visiting .
    You: OK, so the current status is incorrect then?
    Jessica: That information should update. I recommend checking back within 24 hours.
    You: Right now it says...."Delivery will begin within 1 to 3 business days starting May 18th"
    You: and it just updated less than an hour ago
    You: It just matters because I happen to be going on vacation starting the 19th
    You: I'd rather cancel the pre-order and pick up one via retail store if that current status is correct
    Jessica: I see. [HL]The latest information I have been told by the supervisors here is you will receive it by or on the 18th if you have a preorder in.[/HL]
    You: OK, I understand, thank you very much.

I have a feeling they will start shipping this week, i really hope they do

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I will be quite angry if I don't get mine by or on the 18th... I am no longer hoping for this week, however.

Same thing here...

" Thanks for pre-ordering a shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE, an email will be sent the second it ships. Delivery will begin within 1 to 3 business days startingMay 18th. Thank you for your patience. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info."

Ordered mine around 1pm that day. Hope I don't get it on the 18 or after... I'd be pissed.

Thanks for pre-ordering. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. We will do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Friday, May 18. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

mine changed AGAIN just now.

lol how does something like this happen? i think they have terrible intercommunication on this pre-order.

it says all over the page to call if you want more info but it seems like everyone is getting conflicting info from calls as well.

i wonder if they are getting multiple orders shipped in succession from htc to sprint. there was talk of a qualcomm s4 shortage. maybe first in line preorders will get shipped early but not everyone that has preordered will get it shipped on the same date?

anyway they would really do well to just have some kind of clarity.. that's what i expected to happen after the official release date was revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by sleekblackevo View Post
    Thanks for pre-ordering. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. We will do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Friday, May 18. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

mine changed AGAIN just now.
    Same new status here. I bet you anything the order will be shipped soon though. Here's to hoping.

Just heard a FedEx truck crashed and burned. Guess what it was hauling? That's right, a whole shipment of EVO 4G LTEs :-(

Just heard a FedEx truck crashed and burned. Guess what it was hauling? That's right, a whole shipment of EVO 4G LTEs :-(

How's that for ruffling some feathers, hahahaha.

Is this real or false? If real, source?

Quote Originally Posted by Papichulo06 View Post
    Is this real or false? If real, source?
    If false, that's 50 push-ups for the Deputy!
    nirohem likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast