Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Confirmed 5/15 Shipping Date from Sprint.com Preorders

Order status just updated, giving us a confirmed shipping date of 5/15!!!! Woot!

Status: Thanks for pre-ordering. A shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE is waiting for you in our warehouse. Shipping starts May 15th and we will send you an email the second it ships. Delivery should occur within 1 to 3 business days thereafter. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.
    Thanked by 4:

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Confirmed 5/15 Shipping Date from Sprint.com Preorders

Just jumped on to post the same thing... I went from back-ordered to "Thanks for pre-ordering. A shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE is waiting for you in our warehouse. Shipping starts May 15th and we will send you an email the second it ships."

Sweet.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I just got off the phone with Sprint sales because I needed to have my eligibility date moved up due to a cracked Evo 3D screen. They told me the phone would ship on 5/16 for all pre-orders.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

If that date is true, Sprint is even keeping stores in the dark. May 18 layouts were issued and no mention of the E4GLTE, plus seed devices have not hit stores. If it is dropping on the 18th, they need to get those seeds out.

it's true, i have the same status in my order status. sweetness!

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Same here, 5/15.

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10, CM9

Clicking the order status link and putting in my order number shows me 5/15 as well.
    I like phones.

To triple-confirm this (or whatever), here's a paste from my online text chat with Sprint:

"Thanks for pre-ordering a new HTC EVO 4G LTE. Our records show that your order is processing smoothly at the warehouse awaiting your item for shipment. Shipping starts May 15th and we will send you an email the second it ships to the email address we have on file. Delivery should occur within 1 to 3 business days thereafter. Please feel free to check back in 24 hours or visit to follow the status of your order."

In a week I can start checking for LTE coverage here in Atlanta on my new EVO 4G LTE !

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikG v2.6x

Woo hoo! Can we get another countdown clock to shipping day?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Confirmed 5/15 Shipping Date from Sprint.com Preorders-e4glte.jpg  
    HTC Evo 4G -- MikG v2.6x
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    ROM
    Dev Alliance Sense 5.0

Let this speak for me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Confirmed 5/15 Shipping Date from Sprint.com Preorders-new-bitmap-image.bmp  

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well since they charged our credit cards already I was sure they had them in stock. Most reputable places don't charge you until they ship items. If they ship it on the 15th, I'll probably miss it as I'm leaving on a trip the next morning. Have to get them to leave it with the neighbor.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

Not so sure the 5/15 date is actually confirmed or not. Let me say I WANT it to be then and the two that I ordered say the same thing, but it says they "start" then. Technically they probably only have to ship one phone on the 15th to meet that goal.

I guess I still don't understand the waiting to announce an official date. Is it that they have 200,000 units sitting in a warehouse and they want to know how many are claimed on pre-orders before they decided how many to release to stores and retailers?
    Quis89 likes this.

And so it begins :-(

My two phones that were showing a shipping date of 5/15, are now showing this:

Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.
    Maybe S4GRU has been right all along with the June 10th date. If true, this really ticks me off.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    And so it begins :-(

My two phones that were showing a shipping date of 5/15, are now showing this:

Maybe S4GRU has been right all along with the June 10th date. If true, this really ticks me off.
    S4GRU just posted a new article regarding this...still looking like before May 18th is the date.

Same here, but my order status never said anything about the 15th, it started out with this status

APX325CKT HTC EVO 4G LTE 1 2012-05-07
    Status: Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

The web status of my order also had the May 15th date this morning, but I now get the following:

Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.
    Is it possible that the May 15th message was programmed in before the LTE problems were discovered, and that they've replaced it with the backorder message? Or did my order get in too late and the first round of phones are already spoken for (I ordered within 20 minutes of the phone being available)?

Does anyone still have the May 15th message in their order status?

My order was completed before 9:10am EDT and it's now saying backordered.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine still showing back ordered. That customer service chat came up and said this:

Mike: We'll do our best to get it to you on or before the national launch. During the
    pre-order period, we will send you a shipping email and tracking number.
    Mike: I would recommend checking back in 24 hours for updates on shipment information.
    Mike: You can check your order status at . Once your order ships, your tracking information will be available here and a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.

I got the same message and I ordered mine right when it opened. I better get it on the first shipment. Not like I waiting till now to buy it.

Wirefly is showing a date of 5/18, and $50 off (149. 99)!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I just ordered at Best Buy. My paperwork states a 5/18 arrival date so I would guess that 5/18 is the official release date... That would also go along with the 5/15 ship dates you're seeing.

Jeremy

Mine showed the "shipping begins 5/15 message", but now it's back to the "backorder" message.

John

ROM
    4.1.2 and 4.2 stock

We will all be fine it did the same thing to me last year for EVO 3d and I recieved it a few days earlier
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

My status changed too. According to Sprint...

This message in regards to May 15 was a glitch and was not the correct status. The backorder status is the standard order status for pre-orders.

At this time we currently do not have a release date for the device, during the order process there was a message in regards to keeping the launch date under wraps a little while longer. We will send you a notification upon announcement of the release date. We will not know until the announcement of the release date.
    Last edited by MDteX; 05-07-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast