Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Accessories...Anyone purchase anything yet?

I myself am looking for a screen protector/phone skin (Any recommendations?) And a case, Otterbox most likely (and yes I still want a complete phone skin)...Gonna do the Media Link too at some point!!! Any of you find/buy anything yet?

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Accessories...Anyone purchase anything yet?

Only thing I bought was a 32gb card. I'll wait for Steinheil to put out a screen protector and I'll wait and see what comes out for docks.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,614 Global Posts

Sandisk 64GB SD - hope it works

Tunelink - 2 amp car charger that has stereo bluetooth support

per wiki, 32GB is the largest size it will be compatible with.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

This steinheil you speak of, that the new and improved "best protector out there"? I had XO's and the other one too, cant remember the name of it though. Never had an issue with any of them but that was like 2 years ago now...

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Bought a media link ($90) and car dock ($60) from AT&T for the one x since sprint does not have any of the htc accessories available to order yet. I'm thinking that I'll return one or both if the sprint accessories come out within the AT&T return period. I really just bought the car dock for the Bluetooth dongle, since it won't fit the e4glte.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,614 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlo8720 View Post
    per wiki, 32GB is the largest size it will be compatible with.
    Right, but the 64GB card works just fine in the Razr and the GNote. So I'm not too worried.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Zagg, had a Zagg before...I always put on a screen, skin, and then Otterbox, might actually do an active case from seidio if they come out with them before Otterbox...Time shall tell

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I recently added a 32 to my EVO...Might need a new one anyways, think I got the wrong class :-( videos get choppy...Gotta treat the new EVO right :-)

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDipshizz View Post
    This steinheil you speak of, that the new and improved "best protector out there"? I had XO's and the other one too, cant remember the name of it though. Never had an issue with any of them but that was like 2 years ago now...

I use the Ultra Crystal ones. Didn't like the anti-glare ones. I think the new UO one is like the anti-glare.

They do have the One X ones on their site so it shouldn't be too long before the EVOLTE ones are out. I did read on the One X ones that they cut them smaller than the screen because of the curved edges. That's going to look weird and probably cause issues with the edges catching on stuff.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gmtom1 View Post
    Bought a media link ($90) and car dock ($60) from AT&T for the one x since sprint does not have any of the htc accessories available to order yet. I'm thinking that I'll return one or both if the sprint accessories come out within the AT&T return period. I really just bought the car dock for the Bluetooth dongle, since it won't fit the e4glte.
    will the car dock even fit? the one x and the evo aren't really the exact same shape. plus the evo is missing the metal connector on the side that the one x has.
    delthor7 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

What's steinheils site?

Zagg, had a Zagg before...I always put on a screen, skin, and then Otterbox, might actually do an active case from seidio if they come out with them before Otterbox...Time shall tell

seidio will have plenty of accessories for EVO 4G LTE ready at launch

Seidio
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post

Seidio
    So, the fact that your website still says "Coming Soon" for EVO 4G LTE and the One X is only in pre-order even though that lauched way earlier (international) and yesterday (at&t) isn't an indication that the EVO 4G LTE won't be available at launch?

It would actually be nice to have them available prior to lauch so that we can have them when we get our phones.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post

Seidio
    @ Launch is unacceptable...PRIOR to launch would be better

@ Launch is unacceptable...PRIOR to launch would be better

Couldn't agree more with you. I want to take out my new phone and directly drop it in its new cover. Not risking it getting scratched

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Just got my shipping confirmation for the MediaLink HD, but I think I will be returning the car dock, since I think it does not come with the bluetooth audio dongle after looking at some unboxing videos. I was thinking it did after what they said at MWC. Oh well. The dongle is apparently a separate accessory called the HTC Car Stereo Clip.

Just got my shipping confirmation for the MediaLink HD, but I think I will be returning the car dock, since I think it does not come with the bluetooth audio dongle after looking at some unboxing videos. I was thinking it did after what they said at MWC. Oh well. The dongle is apparently a separate accessory called the HTC Car Stereo Clip.
    U can find bluetooth to aux dongless pretty cheap. Monoprice has a pretty good one.

Quote Originally Posted by avidandroider View Post
    Couldn't agree more with you. I want to take out my new phone and directly drop it in its new cover. Not risking it getting scratched

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I see your "couldn't agree more" and raise you a "I couldn't agree even more".

These devices have had their specs completed months and months ago. Heck we saw the design video for the EVO 4G LTE back when it was announced. To me it seems redonkulous not to be able to have these ready a week prior to launch so people can have them in their hands when they receive their devices. But, we are at their mercy when it comes to stuff like this.

I was dead set on Seidio surface case and holster, but I may just have to go whatever gets to me before the device does. :-(

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

looks like i will be purchasing this.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte-cases-ctia
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by klau25 View Post
    looks like i will be purchasing this.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte-cases-ctia
    Yeah, but from where and when? We need them to be available. And I need a holster and case combo.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Yeah, but from where and when? We need them to be available. And I need a holster and case combo.
    no idea, but i doubt it will be that far apart from the official release, prob on the same day. i personally don't mind waitig a lil bit.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by klau25 View Post
    no idea, but i doubt it will be that far apart from the official release, prob on the same day. i personally don't mind waitig a lil bit.
    I do, my phones go through hell (Fire/EMS/Hazmat) I wish Otterbox released one already, my EVO now looks brand new when I take it out of the case.

I personally am not a big fan of cases or anything. Just be careful with your phone and you will be fine

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

I do, my phones go through hell (Fire/EMS/Hazmat) I wish Otterbox released one already, my EVO now looks brand new when I take it out of the case.

they are listed on amazon, but it says ship within 2 to 5 weeks.

yeah, i am not a big fan of case either, it makes the phone big and bulky. i will go for these thin cases, but sometimes i still take it off. just feel what's the pooint of having a good looking phone if you have to cover it up all the time?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast