Hdmi for evo 4g lte

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So what's the deal now ? Can we still use this like the old EVO and how would it work, special adapter? Since I know the new EVO does not have a slot for the HDMI port like the old one?

anon(22347)

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I was looking through the user guide and it seemed to indicate that only HTC Watch app could use the wireless HDMI adapter. Does this mean that I can't watch Netflix or HBO Go via the wireless adapter? I'm trying to determine if it's worth buying, but if I'm restricted to only HTC Watch, I probably will pass on it. How does this work on the Evo 3D? Thanks.

Last edited:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was looking through the user guide and it seemed to indicate that only HTC Watch app could use the wireless HDMI adapter. Does this mean that I can't watch Netflix or HBO Go via the wireless adapter? I'm trying to determine if it's worth buying, but if I'm restricted to only HTC Watch, I probably will pass on it. How does this work on the Evo 3D? Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge using the MHL Adapter you can do full mirroring in 720p, it is not restricted to just apps that support it (like was the case with the OG EVO). EVO 3D users could pipe in here on that. The MHL Adapter is obviously a "wired" approach.

For wireless it can work directly with DLNA enabled display devices.

Another wireless option is the HTC Media Link HD as Phil described here: http://www.androidcentral.com/first-look-htc-media-link The HTC Media Link HD is more than just mirroring -- apparently there is an API available that applications can use so that you could have different displays on the TV and on the phone (think something like game controller screen on the phone, while the game output is on the TV).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463