Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A heads up to Buyers

Just noticed the polycarbonate top houses the antenna and possibly the NFC chip. Those hoping for 3rd party covers may be disappointed.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: A heads up to Buyers

So does the ReZound, they can do it without much of a hassle

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Just noticed the polycarbonate top houses the antenna and possibly the NFC chip. Those hoping for 3rd party covers may be disappointed.
    I'm pretty sure the NFC chip is in the phone, but yes, the NFC antenna is in the removable cover. It's the darker black area under the camera opening.

Seems like this is an opportunity for aftermarket covers with BIGGER antennas, or is that not really possible? Either way, simple copper strips, should be easy to at least replicate.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ahecht View Post
    I'm pretty sure the NFC chip is in the phone, but yes, the NFC antenna is in the removable cover. It's the darker black area under the camera opening.
    Where are you getting your info? It seems like having a removable NFC antenna would be a poor build choice IMHO
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by EvoTastic View Post
    Where are you getting your info? It seems like having a removable NFC antenna would be a poor build choice IMHO
    After looking at the pics you could be right though. Well I don't design phones so what do I know?
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by EvoTastic View Post
    I'm not sure what an NFC chip looks like, but from looking at page 202 in the EVO 4G LTE User Guide, that black cut out piece on the removable cover appears to be the same shape as the dotted outline in the User Guide...

https://insidesprintnow.files.wordpr...user_guide.pdf
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

the Nexus has the NFC on the battery which is removable

I'm not too worried about the back cover. If I don't get a TPU case for it, which I probably will, then I'll hope to put a sticker design on the top part like from skinit.com or something of the sort.

Quite frankly the design has grown on me. I'm liking it more every time I see it.

I agree, the cover has grown on me also and besides I don't make it a habit to stare at the back of the phone. I have a Evo 3D and this is the same complaint that haven't effected me one bit.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Oh I don't mind the cover...I do wish it was matte, but i don't lay awake at night made at HTC or Sprint about it.

But seriously there hsould probably be Matte skins that come out for the phone that i'm sure will make some happy. Hell, i'd pick one up as glossy gets fingerprints