Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pre order **MAY BEGIN** arriving on May 18th?!?

So, my order status now changed to:

Thanks for pre-ordering a shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE, an email will be sent the second it ships. Sprint is working to have shipments begin arriving on May 18th, thank you for your patience. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.
    That is complete B.S.!! So, I payed my $199 to "get dibs early" (their words, not mine), and now we find out that I could have waited and possibly picked it up in the store before my pre-order will arrive?!?!?

Seriously Sprint? If this is true, you just KILLED whatever chance you had of anyone ever placing a pre-order again!

2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Pre order **MAY BEGIN** arriving on May 18th?!?

This is just a comedy of errors, now the status says:

Thanks for pre-ordering a shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE, an email will be sent the second it ships. Delivery will begin within 1 to 3 business days starting May 18th. Thank you for your patience. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.
    That doesn't even make sense -- delivery will begin within 1 to 3 days beginning May 18th?

I'm with you. Earlier today, prior to the 18th being announced, a customer service rep told me that they would ship within a day or two after the announcement. I'm hoping that is the correct date and that the status message is some CYA thing. If not, I will be using that brand new EVO to rip everyone I can get on the line from Sprint until I'm too tired to yell anymore. And if I'm not satisfied with that, I will call again when my energy returns.

"Delivery will begin within 1 to 3 business days starting May 18th."

Surely this cant be right. It's not a pre-order if I could just go to the store and get one 1 to 3 days before my "pre-order" shipment arrives.

If this is correct, has anyone looked into cancelling their pre-order?

If mine hasn't shipped by Wednesday, I'll just cancel and get it from Best Buy. It would save me $50 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jeallen1 View Post
    If mine hasn't shipped by Wednesday, I'll just cancel and get it from Best Buy. It would save me $50 anyway.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper Rom ICS Android 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by jrog28 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Same here

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Glad I preordered thru BB. That's got to suck for those of you who went thru Sprint, if this stands true.

ditto it seem pointless to offer a pre-order if it ships on the 18th if you can walk into the store and get one on the 18th....I hope to god it ships before then.
    My Wallpaper Collection!!! Updated 7/12/2011 (some NSFW)
    http://picasaweb.google.com/102508753250975172853/Wallpaper#

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by kellyrx8 View Post
    ditto it seem pointless to offer a pre-order if it ships on the 18th if you can walk into the store and get one on the 18th....I hope to god it ships before then.
    Should we call? Lol

Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,655 Global Posts

I'm sure it will ship early.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am not so sure, and Sprint isn't doing itself any favors by continually shifting their language/dates on this.

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by aldrydd View Post
    I am not so sure, and Sprint isn't doing itself any favors by continually shifting their language/dates on this.
    Agreed we've had 3 different status messages, not very professional.

I was thinking the same thing about canceling but I looked at my bank statement this morning and noticed they already withdrew the money for my pre order.

I hope that means they are getting close to releasing it.i pre the evo 3d last year and got the phone two days before it was released in stores. Hopefully the same thing will happen this year.

I would think the 18th is going to be a busy day for activations.

It would be great if Sprint shipped early as they originally said but that may not be the case. Shipping about 3 days after release would have it ship May 21 and arrive May 22. While I would like to have it on release day, a couple of days later is not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things. By Memorial day no one will know or care when they got it, just that they have it.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dmaul3300 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about canceling but I looked at my bank statement this morning and noticed they already withdrew the money for my pre order.
    I looked at mine and they took the money out yesterday. The plot thickens.

My guess is that the warehouse is busy preparing shipments this very minute.
    Thanked by 2:
    Papichulo06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse813 View Post
    Agreed we've had 3 different status messages, not very professional.
    lol ... That's 3 more than I've received. My status line has been blank since Monday morning.

I pre ordered mine through Best Buy just a little bit ago and talked to a rep on the phone who told me to disregard their expected delivery dates and that they wouldn't be able to ship it until the release date. Although, yesterday when i talked to a rep about the pre order and asked them if they were actually allowed to ship the phones before sprints release date, they stated that they'd be shipped as soon as they receive them. Still not sure what to believe :/ Anyone else have any info from/about best buy pre orders and shipments?

Quote Originally Posted by MDteX View Post
    I looked at mine and they took the money out yesterday. The plot thickens.
    They charged my card the minute i placed the pre-order, so i wouldnt place any stock on that meaning it was shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse813 View Post
    Should we call? Lol

im about ready too, at this point a pre-order seems pointless
    My Wallpaper Collection!!! Updated 7/12/2011 (some NSFW)
    http://picasaweb.google.com/102508753250975172853/Wallpaper#
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

So, my question is what is the advantage of pre-ordering? We get the opportunity to give Sprint our money two or more weeks before everyone else and possibly get our phones after people who walk into the store on the release date?

This makes no sense. If they are going to have phones in the stores and retail outlets on 5/18, why is it they cannot ship pre-orders until the 18th?

Quote Originally Posted by mp35789 View Post
    I pre ordered mine through Best Buy just a little bit ago and talked to a rep on the phone who told me to disregard their expected delivery dates and that they wouldn't be able to ship it until the release date. Although, yesterday when i talked to a rep about the pre order and asked them if they were actually allowed to ship the phones before sprints release date, they stated that they'd be shipped as soon as they receive them. Still not sure what to believe :/ Anyone else have any info from/about best buy pre orders and shipments?
    I know with the Galaxy Nexus that the people that pre-ordered got their phones on the Firday before the release. I'm sure that the message on the order status is either a mistake or it's just not worded correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyrx8 View Post
    im about ready too, at this point a pre-order seems pointless
    Please call, more verification is better that the status message is BS. I posted the chat I had that said we should get it before or on the 18th.

I wouldn't sweat it. I remember the same type of thing happening on 3d preorders and I didn't even have a tracking number until the day it was delivered....which was a day or two before national release.

I'm keeping the faith it is at my door on the 17th.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast