Pre order **MAY BEGIN** arriving on May 18th?!?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So, my order status now changed to:

Thanks for pre-ordering a shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE, an email will be sent the second it ships. Sprint is working to have shipments begin arriving on May 18th, thank you for your patience. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.

That is complete B.S.!! So, I payed my $199 to "get dibs early" (their words, not mine), and now we find out that I could have waited and possibly picked it up in the store before my pre-order will arrive?!?!?

Seriously Sprint? If this is true, you just KILLED whatever chance you had of anyone ever placing a pre-order again!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is just a comedy of errors, now the status says:

Thanks for pre-ordering a shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE, an email will be sent the second it ships. Delivery will begin within 1 to 3 business days starting May 18th. Thank you for your patience. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.

That doesn't even make sense -- delivery will begin within 1 to 3 days beginning May 18th?

houstonwino

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you. Earlier today, prior to the 18th being announced, a customer service rep told me that they would ship within a day or two after the announcement. I'm hoping that is the correct date and that the status message is some CYA thing. If not, I will be using that brand new EVO to rip everyone I can get on the line from Sprint until I'm too tired to yell anymore. And if I'm not satisfied with that, I will call again when my energy returns.

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
"Delivery will begin within 1 to 3 business days starting May 18th."

Surely this cant be right. It's not a pre-order if I could just go to the store and get one 1 to 3 days before my "pre-order" shipment arrives.

If this is correct, has anyone looked into cancelling their pre-order?

kellyrx8

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
ditto it seem pointless to offer a pre-order if it ships on the 18th if you can walk into the store and get one on the 18th....I hope to god it ships before then.

dmaul3300

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing about canceling but I looked at my bank statement this morning and noticed they already withdrew the money for my pre order.

I hope that means they are getting close to releasing it.i pre the evo 3d last year and got the phone two days before it was released in stores. Hopefully the same thing will happen this year.

I would think the 18th is going to be a busy day for activations.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
It would be great if Sprint shipped early as they originally said but that may not be the case. Shipping about 3 days after release would have it ship May 21 and arrive May 22. While I would like to have it on release day, a couple of days later is not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things. By Memorial day no one will know or care when they got it, just that they have it.

Reactions: Hurleygm

mp35789

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered mine through Best Buy just a little bit ago and talked to a rep on the phone who told me to disregard their expected delivery dates and that they wouldn't be able to ship it until the release date. Although, yesterday when i talked to a rep about the pre order and asked them if they were actually allowed to ship the phones before sprints release date, they stated that they'd be shipped as soon as they receive them. Still not sure what to believe :/ Anyone else have any info from/about best buy pre orders and shipments?