Sprint's New Flagship Phone?

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I hate to bring up the elephant in the room..... but the fruit phone seems to be there "baby" as much as anything right now and I am sure the newest one this fall won't be any different. :(

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I hate to bring up the elephant in the room..... but the fruit phone seems to be there "baby" as much as anything right now and I am sure the newest one this fall won't be any different. :(

I tend to agree. I dont think Sprint will come right out and say it but the Iphone is their baby and will continue to be there baby.

It has been Sprints best selling phone since October and Sprint put a crap load of money into the Iphone.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
With the iPhone being released to several carriers I think the notion of the "flagship phone" doesn't exist anymore. Just look at how the advertising shifted for AT&T. They had dozens of commercials for the iPhone, but once it went to Verizon, the advertising became simple things like with their network, you can talk and surf at the same time opposed to advertising the phone itself.

A flagship phone was a phone exclusive to one carrier that could entice people to switch carriers if they wanted a marquee phone. For example the Pre was a flagship phone for Sprint, the iPhone for AT&T, and the original Droid was for Verizon. Now all phones (or at least phones with extreemly similar capabilities) are released across all carriers, there's no point in giving any particular phone special treatment.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
You seriously make your purchasing decisions based on what you think Sprints, "Baby" is? Thats silly. The EVO 4G LTE is the better device...period. Who cares when the GS3 releases or if its Sprints "favorite". The manufacturers are the ones who provide the most support anyway. And HTC seems to be putting a lot of focus into their One line of phones.

Reactions: pteezay

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My opinion but -

Verizon: DROID and DROID Incredible lines.

T-Mobile: G-series and myTouch

Sprint: EVO and Epic

AT&T: Nokia Lumia

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
... HTC seems to be putting a lot of focus into their One line of phones.
Except where U.S. carriers are concerned. I love the boot loader (not)unlock(ed) for the One X on AT&T. Don't get me wrong I enjoy HTC phones. Heck the LTEVO will be my 5th HTC Android phone, but I treat the carriers and manufacturers like politicians.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I tend to agree. I dont think Sprint will come right out and say it but the Iphone is their baby and will continue to be there baby.

It has been Sprints best selling phone since October and Sprint put a crap load of money into the Iphone.

I am going to disagree on iPhone being Sprint's Phone ... The iPhone sells itself ... The Apple drones will buy Apple products regardless of specs, innovation , or or features ... So Sprint doesn't need to waste money on marketing them .

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Except where U.S. carriers are concerned. I love the boot loader (not)unlock(ed) for the One X on AT&T. Don't get me wrong I enjoy HTC phones. Heck the LTEVO will be my 5th HTC Android phone, but I treat the carriers and manufacturers like politicians.
Considering that HTC said the locked bootloader on the One X is a carrier-imposed one, and that other HTC phones on Sprint has had unlockable bootloaders, I think the chances are good that HTC will make the Evo LTE unlockable. But we'll find out come next week, won't we?

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Just go with what you prefer. Sprint is going to put its stock in what sells. They will market their new premium smartphones each in their own way. I personally am going with the Evo 4G LTE. They have been known to market the "Android" line in the past. They focused more on just getting as many Android phones in the public eye. I think they will take that route again once the SG3 comes out too

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Sprint doesn't care about a "flagship", they care about which phone sells the most. And if you want to be honest, right now the REAL flagship to them is the iphone. And then the GS3 and then the Evo. Sprint is a business and businesses are about making money. They will push the iphone harder than ANY phone, period.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Sprint doesn't care about a "flagship", they care about which phone sells the most. And if you want to be honest, right now the REAL flagship to them is the iphone. And then the GS3 and then the Evo. Sprint is a business and businesses are about making money. They will push the iphone harder than ANY phone, period.

Again I say ... Sprint does not need to push the iPhone ... and neither does AT&T, or Verizon ... Unlike HTC, Samsung, Nokia etc ... Apple markets the hell out of their products ... It's not about the phone to apple, it's about the add on dollars associated with the ecosystem ... Sprint pushes their Flagship where exclusivity is held.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt