AT&T One X Rooted - Possibly good news for us

Papichulo06

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Rooting is the easy part. Unlocking the bootloader will probably be harder. Transformer Prime (tablet) has been out for a long time now and root was the very first thing to get done. Unlocking the bootloader, though, has had no such luck. With companies now encrypting their locked bootloader it seems that things are going to start turning towards the... "use our unlocked bootloader app to unlock your bootloader and so we can void your warranty".... YAYYY!!

As you may have noticed... HTC started kinda implementing this already but it seems that HTC is more lenient on unlocking your bootloader and still validating your warranty if there's something wrong hardware wise with their phones. No such luck with Asus.... "oh you unlocked your bootloader and your charging port isn't working no more?... sorry warranty voided!" or "oh... your screen is bleeding and you unlocked your bootloader already? sorry... warranty voided!"

FU ASUS.

Oh, and as far as encrypted bootloaders come along... I'm not sure if the E4GLTE's is....

Last edited:

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my Evo about a year ago and I've been having a ball flashing ROM's and playing around on it but I'm still pretty much a noob. Would you mind explaining what the benefits of having an unlocked bootloader are over the phone simply being rooted?

Thanks!

Papichulo06

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my Evo about a year ago and I've been having a ball flashing ROM's and playing around on it but I'm still pretty much a noob. Would you mind explaining what the benefits of having an unlocked bootloader are over the phone simply being rooted?

Thanks!

I think it MAY be different for different manufacturers? On Asus, you can't flash any roms period without it being unlocked but you can root. On Samsung's tablet... you can root flash roms and even change kernels but you can't youse NVFLASH. And on Motorola... you can flash different rom's but you can't change the kernel. (there's basically only a few, like one or two, roms you can flash, and load of unlocked roms).

You just got to research my friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotlac