I've got the EVO - ask me anything!

anon(131445)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
How does it compare to the Galaxy S III? I know the specs but just how it feels and works, what phone do you think it is worth more to invest in? I need to upgrade from my OG Evo soon.

Also... Does it blend?

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Wait, so I saw the picture you posted with the internal storage...

I thought it had 16GB for internal storage? And then could be expanded to more?

Calrification? :/

Thanks, Phil!

Bjamar24

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The available storage is always minus the system framework. They always allocated a certain amount that is deducted from the given specs...

cyko68

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've heard Sense 4.0 was "streamlined" to make it lighter... Any major changes. I actually like sense 3 on my 3D... What can I expect?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
See thats the concern I see with getting the new EVO. It doesnt have a removeable battery which would mean if the battery craps out then the whole phone is shot. Sprint loves to jerk its customers around with the TEP and I could see them telling a customer who's EVO 4G LTE battery crapped out that its considered "customer abuse" and they have to file a claim with Asurion and pay $100 to get a replacement phone.

I've never had a problem with Sprint, in that regard. I've had to replace a couple of devices. Once the store checks out the problem, they've replaced the devices on the spot. If you have a problem, take it to a Sprint store that has on-site repairs.

AdamOutler

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey Phil, Can you give me the results of the following commands?
Code:
adb shell
mount
ls -l -r /dev/block
I need this info for an upcoming project.

Of course this is run from your desktop with adb installed and the device hooked to the computer.

asics10

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. That is exactly what I am seeing and will be returning it. I can't afford to have signal issues like this during business travel use.

Are u getting EVO LTE instead or should we wait?

I had 3 galaxy nexus' and the radio was terrible on all three. My infuse on att on edge was faster.

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I counted 4 other people + myself asking what kind of 3G speeds you are pulling down and you have not answered yet. Are they that bad??
Never had a phone on Sprint but I do like this phone.

mercado79

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I know this will take a bit longer to answer, but... Battery life vs. the Sprint Galaxy Nexus? This might be the deciding factor for me.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I counted 4 other people + myself asking what kind of 3G speeds you are pulling down and you have not answered yet. Are they that bad??
Never had a phone on Sprint but I do like this phone.

He said he was going to be offline for a several hours earlier in this thread. I'm sure he'll get around to it.

But yes Sprints poor data speeds are legendary at this point regardless of device.

Reactions: cert15z

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Ugh I hate Sprint Zone, out of all the garbage bloatware Sprint slaps onto its phones, that app is useless to me. I hope the EVO has the ability to uninstall Sprint bloatware but i doubt that

And it is not that the bloatware is present, that I could ignore. But the damn Sprint Zone keeps reloading itself constantly and then SPAMS ME WITH NOTIFICATIONS THAT I DO NOT WANT. I kill it and a few days later, it is running yet again. Why should I have to pay for a high end phone, then pay for service, and then get SPAMMED by a Sprint app that cannot be opted-out of, silenced, deactivated, or removed. It makes me FURIOUS!

Android 4.0 is *supposed* to let us have full control over ALL apps. So that is why I am asking if Sprint somehow disabled our ability to disable Sprint Zone. I am glad I am not the only one who is annoyed.

Reactions: dalex7777

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
See thats the concern I see with getting the new EVO. It doesnt have a removeable battery which would mean if the battery craps out then the whole phone is shot. Sprint loves to jerk its customers around with the TEP and I could see them telling a customer who's EVO 4G LTE battery crapped out that its considered "customer abuse" and they have to file a claim with Asurion and pay $100 to get a replacement phone.

HA! $100? You haven't been following the news. The deductible is being raised to "up to $200", remember? That certainly means $200- what phone is more expensive than the Evo LTE? And that is in addition to raising the monthly fee from $8 to $11! I really have no idea what I am going to do about insurance now... I pay for it month after month for YEARS, have *never* made any claim. And if something happens, after paying many hundreds of dollars in monthly fees, they would want to slap me $200 to get some "refurbished" (used) phone, certainly in worse condition than my perfectly kept phones? It is incredibly unfair.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11