I've got the EVO - ask me anything!

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't go with the galaxy nexus. Some initial reports are quoting better battery life then the galaxy nexus. Also the nexus is having antenna issues as of late, and searching for a network will just drain your battery. I too was in your boat of getting a nexus, but the Evo is just so well rounded and very future proof. It will be relevant for another two years.

Yeah I havent had the best samsung track record (moment, epic 4g) which has me worried. But I need at the very least a full day with moderate to semi heavy use. If the new evo cant get a day with moderate use then its useless to me with a built in battery.:(

dave12285

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Any word on the bluetooth quality. I've asked in both threads. It's super important to myself and I'm sure to all the other people that listen to Pandora in their car over bluetooth. If you have an older sense phone and the Evo 4g lte to compare it would be awesome. Or even any AOSP rom and the new Evo. The AOSP roms have been markedly better in my experience, which sucks. Thanks Phil!

Ps. Finally downloaded the app.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

smoles

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Phil,

For a lot of people they have their last premier upgrade for their phone on June 1st....

After playing with the evo and seeing the gs3 which one do you see better for having for 2 years?

Is their something in the pipeline that would be better off to use the upgrade on?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

jsayedahmad

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey Phil! Before I asked my question, I wanted to thank you for all your help!

My question is about the app drawer. On the One X, it seemed to have a small but noticeable delay when initially opening it up and then works very quickly. Is the EVO the same way?

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Phil,

For a lot of people they have their last premier upgrade for their phone on June 1st....

After playing with the evo and seeing the gs3 which one do you see better for having for 2 years?

Is their something in the pipeline that would be better off to use the upgrade on?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

No sense in playing the waiting game because it doesn't matter when you pull the trigger on that new phone, there will always be something right around the corner that will own what you just bought.

Bjamar24

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do a lot of work in the feild .. and this worries me as well. But I always have a charger. And there will be cases that have extra batteries built in. Might make a little more bulky though...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I havent had the best samsung track record (moment, epic 4g) which has me worried. But I need at the very least a full day with moderate to semi heavy use. If the new evo cant get a day with moderate use then its useless to me with a built in battery.:(

There are alternatives to add extra battery life. There are portable chargers and even batteries in a case that you can stick to the back of the phone to add capacity. If the eLTEvo is as popular as it looks like it's going to be - I bet there will be special add on batteries or even replacements that you can take the phone apart and replace the original with. They might even come out with a conversion to convert it to removable battery.

I had a Nexus for 4 days. I couldn't return it fast enough. HATED that phone. Slow at times, laggy almost all of the time. Terrible screen with an odd color cast, (whites were yellow). Battery life stunk. My Bluetooth would never re-connect. Had to constantly turn BT off then back on again every time I walked ten feet away from the phone. My OG Evo always reconnects automatically and usually doesn't disconnect until 30 to 200 feet away.

Jack

Papichulo06

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried it. I use the official HTC one. But I will say this:

If you're worried about voiding a warranty, you shouldn't be mucking about with things you need an unlocked bootloader for. My 2 cents.

Why not? It's like you are supporting HTC and Asus in washing their hands of their responsibilities to consumers. Is this still AndroidCentral.com? If someone's power button stops working after unlocking and without changing the ROM then Asus will straight up tell you "your warranty is voided... you're SOL" where as HTC is saying it MAY void your warranty... only to have it shipped to them and them respond to you with "because you have an unlocked bootloader we have to restore your phone but in order to do that we have to swap out your motherboard for X amount of dollars otherwise you can have your defective phone back by paying the diagnostic & shipping fee."

I'm sorry Phil but my inquiry wasn't so I could "muck" about with things I need an unlocked bootloader for but rather so consumers don't get SCREWED over. What do you care though right? I'm sure you're swimming in phones. That's my 2 cents.

p.s. - I've never bricked any of my Android phones since my very first HTC G1.
p.s.s. - This guy actually had a manufactures defect on his One X and HTC screwed him.

Last edited:

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
There are alternatives to add extra battery life. There are portable chargers and even batteries in a case that you can stick to the back of the phone to add capacity. If the eLTEvo is as popular as it looks like it's going to be - I bet there will be special add on batteries or even replacements that you can take the phone apart and replace the original with. They might even come out with a conversion to convert it to removable battery.

I had a Nexus for 4 days. I couldn't return it fast enough. HATED that phone. Slow at times, laggy almost all of the time. Terrible screen with an odd color cast, (whites were yellow). Battery life stunk. My Bluetooth would never re-connect. Had to constantly turn BT off then back on again every time I walked ten feet away from the phone. My OG Evo always reconnects automatically and usually doesn't disconnect until 30 to 200 feet away.

Jack

I didn't see any of these issues with messing with it in the store a couple of times. I sure the Sprint people are tired of seeing me hog the floor model due to how much I have used it. Seems like a solid phone despite floor models being notorious for issues.

As for battery life, well I can't carry a battery pack with me all day everyday to compensate. I'm going to go test out the one x and see how I feel, and I'll either preorder tomorrow or just get the nexus Thursday morning.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site
hey Phil, according to the FCC docs the evo lte supports SVDO so does that mean its one of the first on sprint to do voice & 3g at the same time? Can you test this?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe any US CDMA carrier supports SVDO. The latest revision they went with is EVDO Rev A

Verizon has a few devices that support ehRPD which is their 3G tech that supports simultaneous 3G/4G but it's not nationwide.

david279

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe any US CDMA carrier supports SVDO. The latest revision they went with is EVDO Rev A

Verizon has a few devices that support ehRPD which is their 3G tech that supports simultaneous 3G/4G but it's not nationwide.

Its a phone feature, nothing to do with the network..... The LG Viper does it too.

Reactions: doc31

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Two questions.
First: I have seen several sources about the kickstand supporting 3 different angles but have yet to see an image can I get some pics of that bad boy in action.?
Second and most important: I asked in another thread how does the new 3 button layout effect voice capabilities. In my current OG Evo I hold the search button and I can do voice search (mine is set to iris however) will something like this be possible with these buttons?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781