Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean & Trinity

Default Re: I've got the EVO - ask me anything!

I know this will take a bit longer to answer, but... Battery life vs. the Sprint Galaxy Nexus? This might be the deciding factor for me.

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vinny jr View Post
    I counted 4 other people + myself asking what kind of 3G speeds you are pulling down and you have not answered yet. Are they that bad??
    Never had a phone on Sprint but I do like this phone.
    He said he was going to be offline for a several hours earlier in this thread. I'm sure he'll get around to it.

But yes Sprints poor data speeds are legendary at this point regardless of device.
    Thanked by:
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coinmanmat View Post
    Ugh I hate Sprint Zone, out of all the garbage bloatware Sprint slaps onto its phones, that app is useless to me. I hope the EVO has the ability to uninstall Sprint bloatware but i doubt that
    And it is not that the bloatware is present, that I could ignore. But the damn Sprint Zone keeps reloading itself constantly and then SPAMS ME WITH NOTIFICATIONS THAT I DO NOT WANT. I kill it and a few days later, it is running yet again. Why should I have to pay for a high end phone, then pay for service, and then get SPAMMED by a Sprint app that cannot be opted-out of, silenced, deactivated, or removed. It makes me FURIOUS!

Android 4.0 is *supposed* to let us have full control over ALL apps. So that is why I am asking if Sprint somehow disabled our ability to disable Sprint Zone. I am glad I am not the only one who is annoyed.
    Thanked by:
    JoshK, delthor7 and xberserker like this.

With solid use, how's the battery life?

What type of quality do you get from the pictures? [comparison pics to the iPhone 4S would be awesome]
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,203 Global Posts

See thats the concern I see with getting the new EVO. It doesnt have a removeable battery which would mean if the battery craps out then the whole phone is shot. Sprint loves to jerk its customers around with the TEP and I could see them telling a customer who's EVO 4G LTE battery crapped out that its considered "customer abuse" and they have to file a claim with Asurion and pay $100 to get a replacement phone.
    HA! $100? You haven't been following the news. The deductible is being raised to "up to $200", remember? That certainly means $200- what phone is more expensive than the Evo LTE? And that is in addition to raising the monthly fee from $8 to $11! I really have no idea what I am going to do about insurance now... I pay for it month after month for YEARS, have *never* made any claim. And if something happens, after paying many hundreds of dollars in monthly fees, they would want to slap me $200 to get some "refurbished" (used) phone, certainly in worse condition than my perfectly kept phones? It is incredibly unfair.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

I would like to see answers to some of the questions too. But we have to give Phil a chance to enjoy the rest of his trip and then get home and settled in.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RonD View Post
    I'm going to keep my powder dry for a little while. Sure is tempting though.

On the dropped wifi, I think people are also having dropped wifi on One X, so I'm not sure if it is totally a hardware issue, or partly a ICS problem. It almost seems like the Galaxy Nexus phone goes to sleep or something. I used Foxfi (on t-mobile) in place of the built in hotspot and it was better, but still dropped connections. I was 1/4 mile from a tower and the phone was in a window facing the tower and it was still dropping the wifi hotspot!
    You pointed out what has me thinking that it may be more of an ICS issue since I also noticed people on the GNexus and One X boards both having wifi and radio signal issues. I'm wondering if it is something that might be fixed through an ICS update from Google and the carriers rather than a Samsung hardware issue.?? Possible??

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Racing View Post
    Sweet, it's got my OG EVO beat already
    LOL

Does it play nice with slingplayer mobile?
    please respond!
    delthor7 likes this.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asics10 View Post
    I had 3 galaxy nexus' and the radio was terrible on all three. My infuse on att on edge was faster.
    I think/hope this may be an ICS issue and not just hardware.

bestbuy charges 10 a month and no deductible and a new phone if they cant fix it
    Thanked by:
    ailima 
    delthor7 and DrizzyGadget like this.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

How is the video capture? I really like the iPhone 4's video capture especially when shooting live shows (you don't get that muffled bass noise). It looks like the evo lte has dual microphones do you think that will make a difference?

Hey, could you pull (adb, or using your favorite file manager on your phone), /proc/partitions, and /proc/emmc, and post them somewhere for me? Also, feel free to join us on IRC in #htc-evo-lte Thx a ton, it will really help toward the development.
    Thanked by:

When will it ship to us preorderererers? Haha

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Quote Originally Posted by dud680 View Post
    Does animated weather look different in Sense 4.0?
    The fullscreen weather animations on unlock aren't in Sense 4.0 but the fancy weather app and the ClockWidget weather are there and updated a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by biggdogg9 View Post
    bestbuy charges 10 a month and no deductible and a new phone if they cant fix it
    But if you do have an issue you have to turn in your phone for a long long time. My Evo 4G stopped charging, BB had the phone for a month and a half while they 'lent' me a beat up LG Optimus.
    Thanked by:

Next time I'm purchasing from Best Buy.

Uh Oh. Just saw @purock's post. I'm not losing my phone for a month why they fiddle with it. *sigh*
    Last edited by ailima; 05-09-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Saw Purocks post with more info.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamOutler View Post
    Hey Phil, Can you give me the results of the following commands?
    Code:
    adb shell
    mount
    ls -l -r /dev/block
    I need this info for an upcoming project.

Of course this is run from your desktop with adb installed and the device hooked to the computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by IanWizard View Post
    Hey, could you pull (adb, or using your favorite file manager on your phone), /proc/partitions, and /proc/emmc, and post them somewhere for me? Also, feel free to join us on IRC in #htc-evo-lte Thx a ton, it will really help toward the development.
    i second both of these

ROM
    stock

See thats the concern I see with getting the new EVO. It doesnt have a removeable battery which would mean if the battery craps out then the whole phone is shot. Sprint loves to jerk its customers around with the TEP and I could see them telling a customer who's EVO 4G LTE battery crapped out that its considered "customer abuse" and they have to file a claim with Asurion and pay $100 to get a replacement phone.
    Deductible on this one will be $150 for loss/theft/damage

Quote Originally Posted by david279 View Post
    Its supposed to do data and 3G at the same time. Does it?
    Data = 3G. ??

Quote Originally Posted by svargas05 View Post
    Wait, so I saw the picture you posted with the internal storage...

I thought it had 16GB for internal storage? And then could be expanded to more?

Calrification? :/

Thanks, Phil!
    It's always less than 16 once it's formatted and partitioned, plus they have to load the ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Android 4.0 is *supposed* to let us have full control over ALL apps. So that is why I am asking if Sprint somehow disabled our ability to disable Sprint Zone. I am glad I am not the only one who is annoyed.
    You will be able to disable anything you want

HA! $100? You haven't been following the news. The deductible is being raised to "up to $200", remember? That certainly means $200- what phone is more expensive than the Evo LTE? And that is in addition to raising the monthly fee from $8 to $11! I really have no idea what I am going to do about insurance now... I pay for it month after month for YEARS, have *never* made any claim. And if something happens, after paying many hundreds of dollars in monthly fees, they would want to slap me $200 to get some "refurbished" (used) phone, certainly in worse condition than my perfectly kept phones? It is incredibly unfair.
    $11/mo, yes. Deductible will be $150 for the Evo. $200 is reserved for... something else... 0_o. If you think the insurance isn't a good deal, don't get it. Don't whine when a used one on CL or eBay costs more than $150 though.

Quote Originally Posted by biggdogg9 View Post
    Buttttt.... see below vvvvv

Quote Originally Posted by purock View Post
    But if you do have an issue you have to turn in your phone for a long long time. My Evo 4G stopped charging, BB had the phone for a month and a half while they 'lent' me a beat up LG Optimus.
    YUP. Asurion is overnight delivery
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

Do yo think it will stand up to the samsung G3

Quote Originally Posted by swazedahustla View Post
    I want that card, but was hoping to have a screen shot showing the card working with the Evo lte. If it doesn't work will Best Buy take it back?

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts

And it is not that the bloatware is present, that I could ignore. But the damn Sprint Zone keeps reloading itself constantly and then SPAMS ME WITH NOTIFICATIONS THAT I DO NOT WANT. I kill it and a few days later, it is running yet again. Why should I have to pay for a high end phone, then pay for service, and then get SPAMMED by a Sprint app that cannot be opted-out of, silenced, deactivated, or removed. It makes me FURIOUS!

It cant be uninstalled but you can disable notifications.

You can turn off notifications in the Sprint Zone app but if the phone gets an OTA update (like my Epic Touch 4G did) it resets the notifications so you have to turn them off again.
    Thanked by:
    crxssi 

At the end of the day, do you find yourself inadvertently activating the camera with the dedicated camera button?
    Thanked by:

ROM
    decks CM 10.3

Here's hoping full root won't be long since the One X now has it. Bloat beware.
    Fubie
    Current - Nexus 5
    Past - EVO 4G LTE | Nexus 7 | EVO 4G | EVO 3D | EVO 4G | Hero - All rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Turbulence View Post
    At the end of the day, do you find yourself inadvertently activating the camera with the dedicated camera button?
    usually a simple press doesn't bring the camera up...on my epic u gotta hold the camera button for a couple seconds
    Thanked by:
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast