I've got the EVO - ask me anything!

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see answers to some of the questions too. But we have to give Phil a chance to enjoy the rest of his trip and then get home and settled in.

Reactions: pteezay

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to keep my powder dry for a little while. Sure is tempting though.

On the dropped wifi, I think people are also having dropped wifi on One X, so I'm not sure if it is totally a hardware issue, or partly a ICS problem. It almost seems like the Galaxy Nexus phone goes to sleep or something. I used Foxfi (on t-mobile) in place of the built in hotspot and it was better, but still dropped connections. I was 1/4 mile from a tower and the phone was in a window facing the tower and it was still dropping the wifi hotspot!

You pointed out what has me thinking that it may be more of an ICS issue since I also noticed people on the GNexus and One X boards both having wifi and radio signal issues. I'm wondering if it is something that might be fixed through an ICS update from Google and the carriers rather than a Samsung hardware issue.?? Possible??

fark0711

May 14, 2010
Visit site
How is the video capture? I really like the iPhone 4's video capture especially when shooting live shows (you don't get that muffled bass noise). It looks like the evo lte has dual microphones do you think that will make a difference?

IanWizard

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey, could you pull (adb, or using your favorite file manager on your phone), /proc/partitions, and /proc/emmc, and post them somewhere for me? Also, feel free to join us on IRC in #htc-evo-lte :) Thx a ton, it will really help toward the development.

Reactions: Punkrocker924

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
When will it ship to us preorderererers? Haha

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

ailima

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Next time I'm purchasing from Best Buy.

Uh Oh. Just saw @purock's post. I'm not losing my phone for a month why they fiddle with it. *sigh*

Last edited:

Rodderik

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey Phil, Can you give me the results of the following commands?
Code:
adb shell
mount
ls -l -r /dev/block
I need this info for an upcoming project.

Of course this is run from your desktop with adb installed and the device hooked to the computer.

Hey, could you pull (adb, or using your favorite file manager on your phone), /proc/partitions, and /proc/emmc, and post them somewhere for me? Also, feel free to join us on IRC in #htc-evo-lte :) Thx a ton, it will really help toward the development.

i second both of these

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
See thats the concern I see with getting the new EVO. It doesnt have a removeable battery which would mean if the battery craps out then the whole phone is shot. Sprint loves to jerk its customers around with the TEP and I could see them telling a customer who's EVO 4G LTE battery crapped out that its considered "customer abuse" and they have to file a claim with Asurion and pay $100 to get a replacement phone.
Deductible on this one will be $150 for loss/theft/damage

Its supposed to do data and 3G at the same time. Does it?
Data = 3G. ??

Wait, so I saw the picture you posted with the internal storage...

I thought it had 16GB for internal storage? And then could be expanded to more?

Calrification? :/

Thanks, Phil!
It's always less than 16 once it's formatted and partitioned, plus they have to load the ROM.

Android 4.0 is *supposed* to let us have full control over ALL apps. So that is why I am asking if Sprint somehow disabled our ability to disable Sprint Zone. I am glad I am not the only one who is annoyed.
You will be able to disable anything you want

HA! $100? You haven't been following the news. The deductible is being raised to "up to $200", remember? That certainly means $200- what phone is more expensive than the Evo LTE? And that is in addition to raising the monthly fee from $8 to $11! I really have no idea what I am going to do about insurance now... I pay for it month after month for YEARS, have *never* made any claim. And if something happens, after paying many hundreds of dollars in monthly fees, they would want to slap me $200 to get some "refurbished" (used) phone, certainly in worse condition than my perfectly kept phones? It is incredibly unfair.
$11/mo, yes. Deductible will be $150 for the Evo. $200 is reserved for... something else... 0_o. If you think the insurance isn't a good deal, don't get it. Don't whine when a used one on CL or eBay costs more than $150 though.

bestbuy charges 10 a month and no deductible and a new phone if they cant fix it
Buttttt.... see below vvvvv

But if you do have an issue you have to turn in your phone for a long long time. My Evo 4G stopped charging, BB had the phone for a month and a half while they 'lent' me a beat up LG Optimus.
YUP. Asurion is overnight delivery

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
And it is not that the bloatware is present, that I could ignore. But the damn Sprint Zone keeps reloading itself constantly and then SPAMS ME WITH NOTIFICATIONS THAT I DO NOT WANT. I kill it and a few days later, it is running yet again. Why should I have to pay for a high end phone, then pay for service, and then get SPAMMED by a Sprint app that cannot be opted-out of, silenced, deactivated, or removed. It makes me FURIOUS!

Android 4.0 is *supposed* to let us have full control over ALL apps. So that is why I am asking if Sprint somehow disabled our ability to disable Sprint Zone. I am glad I am not the only one who is annoyed.

It cant be uninstalled but you can disable notifications.
SC20120509-215958.png

You can turn off notifications in the Sprint Zone app but if the phone gets an OTA update (like my Epic Touch 4G did) it resets the notifications so you have to turn them off again.

Reactions: crxssi

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1