Why are you so excited for this Evo?

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Just curious as to why we are all so excited about this new device, me personally coming from the Epic Touch 4G;

I am eager to get better quality, and antennas in my hand!!! I knwo there's tons of other things but mostly I am eager to get rid of this plastic made phone for a well built quality product!:D

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm excited about the amazing screen, super fast processor, and the image sense camera.

Sense 4 looks good too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm excited about the amazing screen, super fast processor, and the image sense camera.

Sense 4 looks good too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I have to agree those are all good reasons, I am not going to lie, since I have read numerous reviews on the processor.... I got more excited!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Are HTC phones easy to root?? Just asking because when the phone isn't supported any longer by the manufacturer, I'll be looking to root it.

JManekia

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
It's my first Android phone, first non-physical keyboard phone, first "super" phone if you will. And my blackberry bold 9650 is about dead anyway, so I need a working phone.

mggm100

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have loved my original EVO 4G. I passed by the other EVOs in the interval because they didn't seem to have any advantages over the original. But this one is most definitely a step up from the original in a number of different ways, and that's why I'm excited about it.

My only other smartphone experience has been with Samsung. I was not happy about the way they dropped support so soon after it was issued. FWIW, HTC is still supporting the original EVO after 2 years with yet another update in the works.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
most exciting elements to me
1) screen
2) camera (quality, then extra features)
3) Updated Android/sense
4) faster/more powerful
5) physical camera button
6) LTE over Wimax. Ill believe the network is viable when I see it.

not excited for
1) screen size (knock down 1/4" or so plz)
2) glossy upper back cover
3) needs MHL converter
4) release date wasn't yesterday

Last edited:

kanyewest

May 17, 2010
Visit site
im excited because i finally get to replace my temporary palm pre for a beast !!!.. plus, all the girls are gonna love me when i whip it out.... my EvoKnievel LTE that is.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
most exciting elements to me
1) screen
2) camera (quality, then extra features)
3) Updated Android/sense
4) faster/more powerful
5) physical camera button
6) LTE over Wimax. Ill believe the network is viable when I see it.

not excited for
1) screen size (knock down 1/4" or so plz)
2) glossy upper back cover
3) needs MHL converter
4) release date wasn't yesterday

Great points, although I will say that Not excited point #1- I have to disagree on. I love the screen size! I am sure it will feel even better in my hands ( that's what she said)

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Cause its the newest and badassest phone EVA! DUH.

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Great points, although I will say that Not excited point #1- I have to disagree on. I love the screen size! I am sure it will feel even better in my hands ( that's what she said)

im sure i will grow to like the size (just like I did coming from my BB to the EVO) but im a little hesitant right now. I still really really like the size of my BB Tour (and all the other BBs for that matter)

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
im sure i will grow to like the size (just like I did coming from my BB to the EVO) but im a little hesitant right now. I still really really like the size of my BB Tour (and all the other BBs for that matter)

Wow thats a comment I dont hear very often( you liking Blackberry screen size) but yeah I know what you mean, I think after this phone you wont go back to something smaller, I remember when I first go t my Evo 4G i thoght that thins was HUGE, now I am getting a BIGGER one LOL!

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Im even more excited for this version of the evo than I was the og evo that I picked up on launch day back in 2010. In November 2012 my evo served me well and I was ready to upgrade, I made a mistake and went with the Samsung Epic Touch, it feels cheap, very slippery, gps sucks bad, location services are horrendous! I cant wait to get out of this phone! gonna cost me $550 but well worth it to me