1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Overcharging on Pre-ordering on Sales Tax!

I don't know if any of you have this problem but it happened to me. I had originally pre-ordered my evo on monday online, and the sales tax was 20 dollars. Then something happened with that order and there was an error in the system, so I ordered on the phone. After ordering, my sales tax was 23 dollars. I knew something shady was going on and I didn't want to deal with that inadept sales rep anymore.

I went to google and found out that my sales tax is 7%. Now my sales tax is 13 dollars, ten less dollars I have to give sprint.

Anyone else have this issue? Also if you guys do have this problem, do something about it because they keep on screwing over the customer with unnecessary price hikes (increased insurance pricing for the evo, activation fees, etc)

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default Re: Sprint Overcharging on Pre-ordering on Sales Tax!

When I called, they estimated the taxes much higher than they actually were. They knew it was inflated and said the actual charge would be lower. In the end, I was charged the correct 6% sales tax. It posted to my credit card today.

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sprint only charged my card $200.50 total.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

On the checkout page, it estimated my taxes at a higher rate. The correct rate was charged to my card.

John
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I had to call them and get it changed, which is strange.

I pre ordered mine at 239.00 but they refunded 9 bucks back to my account now I know why

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

They originally showed my sales tax as being higher during checkout also. The pending transaction that was sitting on the card from Monday showed that higher amount. However, when the transaction went to a completed status on my credit statement, it was for the lower amount.

I assume they just do an estimate at first, but charge the correct amount when it goes through.

I don't understand why someone would order it through sprint vs wirefly or target because those both give out a cheaper price for the phone and $10 google wallet credit...

Am I missing something?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Wirefly doesn't sell to me because I am on a special plan so yea... I get a cheaper plan but can't go through most 3rd party solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Sprint only charged my card $200.50 total.
    X2.... Now that I am thinking about it... There is no way Sprint charged sales tax for California....
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,612 Global Posts

LOL didn't Sprint just get sued for tax evasion?

They only charged me 70 cents for the tax.

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

They only charged me $0.46 for tax