Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DougB541#CB
  • 1 Post By Mikey47
  • 1 Post By Va1ha11a
  • 1 Post By boo5ted
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default List of bloatware/apps preinstalled

myriad of HTC stuff
    Friendstream
    Stocks
    weather
    browser (chrome is not listed, but is available for ICS devices in US)
    calendar, calculator, etc

Your standard google apps
    youtube, play store, Maps, talk, gmail, navigator, latitude, etc

"bloatware"
    DropBox
    Sprint TV
    Nascar Sprint Cup Mobile
    Polaris Office
    TelNav GPS naviagation

Default Re: List of bloatware/apps preinstalled

Thanks!

I actually disagree with TelNav being bloatware...still a better navigation than Google Maps (though Google Maps is more convenient for sure).

But i get it should be up to the owner to decide what apps they want on their phones.
    Jaggrey likes this.

Does it have any HTC branded music and video players? Those annoy me since I prefer to use PowerAmp and MX Player. Anyway, as long ad it doesn't include any games I can't remove like the Epic 4G did I'm fairly ok. Oh, and add me as another Telenav fan! I hear Google Nav has turn by turn directions, but those don't work in PR (it always says Navigation is not available for my location), so Telenav is an essential app!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I think it does, but the list of apps doesn't show it listed. I have seen the "music" hub on the att one X, and ill assume its on the evo as well.

Ahhh well. At least ICS should let me "hide" it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The user guide shows some of the apps that are installed.

I guess some people think phones should come with no apps installed at all. That wouldn't work for most buyers of phones. I know people who have never installed any apps from the market, they just use what came on it. There are a wide range of users out there, people on these forums are the minority.

I only care about bloatware if I run out of space. I hardly ever start apps from the app tray so I don't see them very often anyway. I did root my OG EVO just so I could remove the bloat, I'm sure the EVOLTE will get rooted soon enough.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G
    Thanked by:

According to Engadget the only Sprint bloat is Zone & Hot Spot, additional bloat being Facebook intergration and Dropbox.

Taken from Engadget:

What's left to say about the software on a phone so nice, HTC's released it thrice? Not much, it turns out, especially where carrier customization is concerned. Sprint's managed to keep that count down to two, with only Zone and Hotspot taking up space in the app drawer. This is, after all, the cream of Peter Chou's smartphone crop and, as such, comes lightly bedecked in a Sense 4 suit, underneath which lies Google's latest dessert-themed UI (4.0.3) replete with the usual GApps, including Google Wallet. Members of the tech-savvy tribe should, at this point, be unfazed by this heretical skinned approach to Android 4.0 and either make peace with an unavoidable UX fate or saddle up for a rooting joyride. Whatever your preferred path may be, there's a refreshing lack of bloat on the handset. So, apart from Facebook and the Dropbox integration (still 25GB for two years) ushered in with the One line, you won't find much to complain about.

Damn, this is a very bloatfree phone. Good stuff.

I like the Sprint Zone actually....quick access to my account.

Also..no one told me HTC has its own Skydrive app. Good stuff.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

funny, Dropbox is the first thing I would install with my LTE. (Plus, you get 25 GB, So can you say Nandroids/TitBu's?)

Sprint Zone is bloatware if you're on a different carrier (ex. PagePlus)

Ahhh, run for your lives! It's a thread back from the dead, it's a zombie!
    BigDinCA likes this.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Necrobump?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    BigDinCA likes this.

ROM
    Stock

I don't know why, but I love LOVE LOVE to see a 6-month old thread resurrected. I always think there's gonna' be some great info there, even though there never is. I still laugh every time.

No way Dropbox is bloatware, I use it everyday.
    WHO DAT?!?!?!
    THIS IS NEW ORLEANS!!!!! - DREW BREES
    The Hustleman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by boo5ted View Post
    No way Dropbox is bloatware, I use it everyday.
    I think a lot of people use it, that and you can uninstall it. So I agree it's not bloatware

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums