List of bloatware/apps preinstalled

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
myriad of HTC stuff
Friendstream
Stocks
weather
browser (chrome is not listed, but is available for ICS devices in US)
calendar, calculator, etc

Your standard google apps
youtube, play store, Maps, talk, gmail, navigator, latitude, etc

"bloatware"
DropBox
Sprint TV
Nascar Sprint Cup Mobile
Polaris Office
TelNav GPS naviagation

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!

I actually disagree with TelNav being bloatware...still a better navigation than Google Maps (though Google Maps is more convenient for sure).

But i get it should be up to the owner to decide what apps they want on their phones.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Does it have any HTC branded music and video players? Those annoy me since I prefer to use PowerAmp and MX Player. Anyway, as long ad it doesn't include any games I can't remove like the Epic 4G did I'm fairly ok. Oh, and add me as another Telenav fan! I hear Google Nav has turn by turn directions, but those don't work in PR (it always says Navigation is not available for my location), so Telenav is an essential app!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I think it does, but the list of apps doesn't show it listed. I have seen the "music" hub on the att one X, and ill assume its on the evo as well.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The user guide shows some of the apps that are installed.

I guess some people think phones should come with no apps installed at all. That wouldn't work for most buyers of phones. I know people who have never installed any apps from the market, they just use what came on it. There are a wide range of users out there, people on these forums are the minority.

I only care about bloatware if I run out of space. I hardly ever start apps from the app tray so I don't see them very often anyway. I did root my OG EVO just so I could remove the bloat, I'm sure the EVOLTE will get rooted soon enough.

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
According to Engadget the only Sprint bloat is Zone & Hot Spot, additional bloat being Facebook intergration and Dropbox.

Taken from Engadget:

What's left to say about the software on a phone so nice, HTC's released it thrice? Not much, it turns out, especially where carrier customization is concerned. Sprint's managed to keep that count down to two, with only Zone and Hotspot taking up space in the app drawer. This is, after all, the cream of Peter Chou's smartphone crop and, as such, comes lightly bedecked in a Sense 4 suit, underneath which lies Google's latest dessert-themed UI (4.0.3) replete with the usual GApps, including Google Wallet. Members of the tech-savvy tribe should, at this point, be unfazed by this heretical skinned approach to Android 4.0 and either make peace with an unavoidable UX fate or saddle up for a rooting joyride. Whatever your preferred path may be, there's a refreshing lack of bloat on the handset. So, apart from Facebook and the Dropbox integration (still 25GB for two years) ushered in with the One line, you won't find much to complain about.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Damn, this is a very bloatfree phone. Good stuff.

I like the Sprint Zone actually....quick access to my account.

Also..no one told me HTC has its own Skydrive app. Good stuff.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
funny, Dropbox is the first thing I would install with my LTE. (Plus, you get 25 GB, So can you say Nandroids/TitBu's?)

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why, but I love LOVE LOVE to see a 6-month old thread resurrected. I always think there's gonna' be some great info there, even though there never is. I still laugh every time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma