Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree39Likes

Default Re: EVO LTE reviews (latest: Phone Scoop 5/16)

i HATE phone names.

that's one thing apple has down with the one simple phone. imo especially if they just to a standard issue 'iphone' name this year like they have done with the ipad. then just talk about years or generations.. that's much better than the weird 3gs 4s stuff.

htc almost nailed so many things this year as i liked the 'one' line concept well enough. but these doofuses at vzw and sprint have to keep their weird brands.. weird names.

but sprint.. seriously just man up.. get the network going!!

Default Re: EVO LTE reviews (latest: Phone Scoop 5/16)

Yes! Sprint should have just either kept the One name, or should have kept EVO, but did it as EVO I, II, III, etc. LOL, could have kept it like the car.

Quote Originally Posted by cruiserandmax View Post

"launching the EVO 4G LTE without any 4G LTE network to support it — and having the audacity to include “4G LTE” in the device’s name — is putting the cart before the horse at best. At worst, it’s disingenuous" -BGR (emphasis mine)

So true....

It has an LTE radio, I don't see why this keeps coming up.. A 3dtv is still a 3dtv whether I have the necessary 3d blu ray player it takes to view movies in 3d (updated my analogy this time)
    Thanked by:

Default Re: EVO LTE reviews (latest: BGR 5/16)

FYI, I also saw this You Tube review from Phonedog:

Seems to love the phone but not Sprint's slow network speeds. Fair enough I think.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Default Re: EVO LTE reviews (latest: BGR 5/16)

The PhoneDog review/video is up.

Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Tiamat_Evo-v4 1.0+

Default Re: EVO LTE reviews (latest: PhoneDog video 5/17)

Wow, BGR slammed the hell out of it,

” In my unscientific study, I did not find a single person who liked the look of this phone. Instead, each and every person I handed the device to said it was “ugly,” “gross,” “nasty,” or “hideous” without any provocation.
    the HTC EVO 4G LTE will easily be one of the most impressive flagship smartphones Sprint has ever released. And one of the ugliest. And one of the slowest.
    Aesthetics are open to discussion but performance is not. This smartphone, which includes the term “4G LTE” in its name, is the slowest flagship device I have tested in recent memory. Compared to Verizon Wireless and AT&T’s LTE networks or even T-Mobile and AT&T’s HSPA networks, the data speeds I experienced while testing the EVO 4G LTE were simply pathetic.
    This is the reason I passed on the phone and went with the AT&T version
    The simple truth is that most customers who consider purchasing the “EVO 4G LTE” will do so with the belief that the phone will come alongside “4G LTE” service. For early adopters, this will not be the case. In fact, even months from now as 2012 rolls into 2013, a huge chunk of Sprint’s nationwide network will still not support LTE service.
    You simply can't trust Sprint. It'll be 2013 and over half you guys will still be on slow, unlimited 3G, smh. Sprint is dangling you guys by a thread.
    thekillermeteor.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Raadius View Post

You simply can't trust Sprint. It'll be 2013 and over half you guys will still be on slow, unlimited 3G, smh. Sprint is dangling you guys by a thread.
    I think the educated users on this forum know what they are getting into when they are purchasing this phone. They are purchasing it for the potential to be. Most people on sprint who are tired of the slow speeds use Wifi, and then 3g in extreme cases.

As long as I can continue paying $40/month for it, or maybe $50 some day, I could care less. My point is that in most cases I think Sprint users are paying less for their service than on other carriers. So that's the trade-off.

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

So you can make all the comments you want about LTE not being ready, and you have a valid point. But this is not the only thing to measure when it comes to preformance! The dual core S4 snapdragon proc out benchmarks the Quad Core Tegra 3! This is the fastest phone on any carrier at the moment. I've had a 4G phone (two of them) for the past two years, and I can count on one hand how many times I actually connected to the 4G network! Missing LTE is not that big of a deal for many! When heavy data usage is necessary there is typically a wireless hotspot somewhere close by that will give you all the bandwidth you need. It's almost impossible today to go some place that doesn't have a wireless broadband connection! The LTE really isn't the major selling point of this phone, which is evedient by the fact that it is sold out everywhere dispite the absence of the LTE network! When you looks at phone features, like the screen, the camera, the proc and the internal memory, this phone is a beast and wortyh of the flagship title! Find me another phone that has better features then you have something worthy to talk about.
    -Stay thirsty my friends.

ROM
    The Kraven's CM7/CM9

Here is a review by jon4lakers on YouTube:

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

I won't be dangling anywhere....

I get fine 3G speed where I am; plus I'm on Wifi most of the time anyway. I bought my og EVO knowing that it would be a long time (if at all) before I got 4G; I'll do the same with the new EVO. As long as the phone performs well, and I can access the internet at a decent speed (and judging from the performance of my Epic Touch, I don't see that as being an issue) than I'm fine.

Oh, and I have a tough time believing that EVERYONE thought the phone was HIDEOUS.

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

You know,I never got wimax where we live. I'm just fine with the putt putt putt speed I get from 3G. Will do me just fine...

Sent from my Kindle Fire
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

ROM
    Stock

Sent from my HTC One X on AT&T. Where my calls get dropped and my data gets throttled for more $$ than Sprint. (But at least I'm not dangling by a thread.)

Sent from my antique Evo 3D which can now be found at the Smithsonian
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XxPyromaniacXx View Post
    Here is a review by jon4lakers on YouTube:

Thanked by:

GSM Arena. Detailed, and well-written. Lots of good things to say about the phone.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post

GSM Arena. Detailed, and well-written. Lots of good things to say about the phone.
    Yes, the best review so far. My favorite part is at the end where they say "The EVO 4G LTE's biggest limitation is hardly its fault - the limited coverage of the Sprint LTE network for the time being."

Finally, someone who gets it!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #167  
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,605 Global Posts

Awesome reviews. Will update the OP tomorrow.

Now all we need is Phil's review!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Uncle Louie likes this.

Default Re: EVO LTE reviews (latest: GSM Arena 5/20)

Another review to pass the time.... and to give your F5 button a rest.

Thanked by:

Where in the world is the Android Central review? I understand Phil wanted to use the phone before writing a review, but at this point if they hadn't have been held up by customs, most people would have made their decision already. Can we at least get a day when it will be posted? The waiting is killing me.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Good and EVO review.

Thanked by:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567