EVO LTE reviews (latest: GSM Arena 5/20)

KerkedAgain

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Wait a sec. You still have VHS??

Sent from the dummy Evo 4G LTE at the BB Store

Haa, nah.. But I do acknowledge that Sprints 3G is the vhs of data speeds! (at least where I live) I can't wait to see what network vision does for 3G speeds..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: EVO LTE reviews (latest: IGN 5/15)

Good god, IGN is moronic trash. That holds true with videogames, as well as the rest of their reviews.

The professional reviewer didn't know that it had the same screen as the One X. When this fact was brought to him, he responded by insisting he was right, stating that it "produced colors differently" and was indeed different (IPS vs LCD derp!!) and he could tell. After some research he admitted his flaw in the comments.

Overall, it's the same "but but but but the networkz!!" crap I've read too many times. He says flat-out that it's a "better handset" than the One X, which puts my mind at ease.

Rdubya87

May 8, 2012
Visit site

You would think people would take 10 minutes to research before writing a review. Another reviewer who has no idea about the materials used for this phone. At least he/she doesn't even attempt to guess at what the casing is made of and just calls it a "soft-touch surface" that is "grippy feeling." Really top notch stuff there.

A review like this is just making me more frustrated to have the launch delayed as I will have to continue reading this drivel until I get it in my hands

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Good god, IGN is moronic trash. That holds true with videogames, as well as the rest of their reviews.

The professional reviewer didn't know that it had the same screen as the One X. When this fact was brought to him, he responded by insisting he was right, stating that it "produced colors differently" and was indeed different (IPS vs LCD derp!!) and he could tell. After some research he admitted his flaw in the comments.

Overall, it's the same "but but but but the networkz!!" crap I've read too many times. He says flat-out that it's a "better handset" than the One X, which puts my mind at ease.

Though its funny that they mention the Sprint 3G network is faster than other 3G networks lol.

Reactions: KoukiFC3S

BBPimp85

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: EVO LTE reviews

Any
My Evo 4G had Wimax in NYC before it was official. That was a good time....easily hitting 12Mbps consistently haha.

This. Im in Baltimore and we were one of the first 5 or 6 to get wimax even before sprint was selling equipment. Some company called Xohm or something anyway when i got my og evo i was constantly hitting 10Mbps. Great times.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: EVO LTE reviews (latest: Phone Scoop 5/16)

I'm hoping they follow a similar roll out for LTE so i can expect it this year shortly after the first rollout.

sleekblackevo

May 9, 2012
Visit site

since ppi is mentioned right before that comment about clarity i'm assuming its just hanging on that slightly lower ppi.

i can't imagine the larger display with that close of a ppi would not look 'more clear' to my eyes if all the pixels were being used.

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

I am very excited about this phone- mostly for the quality camera experience it should provide. However the lack of LTE issue is so horrendous I cannot believe Sprint is not getting much more flack about it:

"launching the EVO 4G LTE without any 4G LTE network to support it — and having the audacity to include “4G LTE” in the device’s name — is putting the cart before the horse at best. At worst, it’s disingenuous" -BGR (emphasis mine)

So true....

sleekblackevo

May 9, 2012
Visit site

i HATE phone names.

that's one thing apple has down with the one simple phone. imo especially if they just to a standard issue 'iphone' name this year like they have done with the ipad. then just talk about years or generations.. that's much better than the weird 3gs 4s stuff.

htc almost nailed so many things this year as i liked the 'one' line concept well enough. but these doofuses at vzw and sprint have to keep their weird brands.. weird names.

but sprint.. seriously just man up.. get the network going!!

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Yes! Sprint should have just either kept the One name, or should have kept EVO, but did it as EVO I, II, III, etc. LOL, could have kept it like the car.

KerkedAgain

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
"launching the EVO 4G LTE without any 4G LTE network to support it — and having the audacity to include “4G LTE” in the device’s name — is putting the cart before the horse at best. At worst, it’s disingenuous" -BGR (emphasis mine)

So true....

It has an LTE radio, I don't see why this keeps coming up.. A 3dtv is still a 3dtv whether I have the necessary 3d blu ray player it takes to view movies in 3d (updated my analogy this time)

Reactions: manonmoon49

Raadius

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: EVO LTE reviews (latest: PhoneDog video 5/17)

Wow, BGR slammed the hell out of it,

? In my unscientific study, I did not find a single person who liked the look of this phone. Instead, each and every person I handed the device to said it was ?ugly,? ?gross,? ?nasty,? or ?hideous? without any provocation.
the HTC EVO 4G LTE will easily be one of the most impressive flagship smartphones Sprint has ever released. And one of the ugliest. And one of the slowest.
Aesthetics are open to discussion but performance is not. This smartphone, which includes the term ?4G LTE? in its name, is the slowest flagship device I have tested in recent memory. Compared to Verizon Wireless and AT&T?s LTE networks or even T-Mobile and AT&T?s HSPA networks, the data speeds I experienced while testing the EVO 4G LTE were simply pathetic.
This is the reason I passed on the phone and went with the AT&T version
The simple truth is that most customers who consider purchasing the ?EVO 4G LTE? will do so with the belief that the phone will come alongside ?4G LTE? service. For early adopters, this will not be the case. In fact, even months from now as 2012 rolls into 2013, a huge chunk of Sprint?s nationwide network will still not support LTE service.
You simply can't trust Sprint. It'll be 2013 and over half you guys will still be on slow, unlimited 3G, smh. Sprint is dangling you guys by a thread.

imranmali3

May 7, 2012
Visit site

You simply can't trust Sprint. It'll be 2013 and over half you guys will still be on slow, unlimited 3G, smh. Sprint is dangling you guys by a thread.

I think the educated users on this forum know what they are getting into when they are purchasing this phone. They are purchasing it for the potential to be. Most people on sprint who are tired of the slow speeds use Wifi, and then 3g in extreme cases.

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

As long as I can continue paying $40/month for it, or maybe $50 some day, I could care less. My point is that in most cases I think Sprint users are paying less for their service than on other carriers. So that's the trade-off.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

So you can make all the comments you want about LTE not being ready, and you have a valid point. But this is not the only thing to measure when it comes to preformance! The dual core S4 snapdragon proc out benchmarks the Quad Core Tegra 3! This is the fastest phone on any carrier at the moment. I've had a 4G phone (two of them) for the past two years, and I can count on one hand how many times I actually connected to the 4G network! Missing LTE is not that big of a deal for many! When heavy data usage is necessary there is typically a wireless hotspot somewhere close by that will give you all the bandwidth you need. It's almost impossible today to go some place that doesn't have a wireless broadband connection! The LTE really isn't the major selling point of this phone, which is evedient by the fact that it is sold out everywhere dispite the absence of the LTE network! When you looks at phone features, like the screen, the camera, the proc and the internal memory, this phone is a beast and wortyh of the flagship title! Find me another phone that has better features then you have something worthy to talk about.