Will the EVO 4G LTE fit in the HTC One X car dock?

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Just a question that I think many of us will be having one we get our phones... hehe..
I use my EVO 3D with the HTC car dock in my work truck and I don't want to have to wait until Sprint decides to come out with the HTC car dock for the EVO 4G LTE..

and before anyone suggests it... NO, I'm not interested in the iGrip or any other aftermarket car dock....LOL!

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it won't. I saw reference to the fact that the One X has a special connector for the car dock which the Evo LTE does not have.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it won't. I saw reference to the fact that the One X has a special connector for the car dock which the Evo LTE does not have.

The current car dock out for the One X doesn't use those docking pins. It just uses the USB connector. As to if the EVO will fit it, you'd have to ask someone with both phones to see if the USB connector is in the same place on both. The phones are also a different shape with the One X being more rounded on the ends.

Reactions: Scotlac

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I watched Phil's video on the EVO 4G LTE and he showed the One X side by side and on top of the EVO... the charging connector IS in the same place, I guess it's just a matter of if the corners are the same?

S8B

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If the One X Car dock differs from the international version to the AT&T version, then its highly doubtful the EVO will be compatible with any One X car dock.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read, the dimensions are slightly different between the One X and the Evo 4G LTE, so I wouldn't expect the same car dock to work for both phones, unless the car dock is adjustable.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the HTC One X car dock from AT&T, but it hasn't arrived yet, but then again, neither has my Evo!

Will report back when I get it. I really only ordered it because I thought it would include the bluetooth dongle they showed off at MWC, but it doesn't. It looks like it will be a separate accessory, so I'll be returning the dock if it doesn't fit the Evo.

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Sprint/HTC needs to do a better job of having their car dock ready for launch. More and more people are using their phone as a GPS. After having a first party dock for my Nexus One I can't really go back to using third party accessories.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have OEM docks for my Evo 4G in all Jeeps and Home and just don't want to go back to generics . I hope they come with something and fast , it's just so much easier to drop it in then to have to squeeze something and still plug the phone in.

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the HTC One X car dock from AT&T, but it hasn't arrived yet, but then again, neither has my Evo!

Will report back when I get it. I really only ordered it because I thought it would include the bluetooth dongle they showed off at MWC, but it doesn't. It looks like it will be a separate accessory, so I'll be returning the dock if it doesn't fit the Evo.

did you ever get the car dock or the phone yet??? LOL!

I still want to know how the EVO fits in the One X car dock..

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
whats wrong with this one? it says sprint and htc on the box and is designed for the evo 4g lte. much like the one x dock it automatically launches the car app when it's placed in the dock...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/176056-sprint-car-dock-pictures.html

What's wrong with it? It's ugly! Do you see how much bulk it adds? The bottom of the mount is huge and isn't form fitting at all. I want to see a REAL OFFICIAL HTC mount, not some generic 3rd party mount branding with Sprint and HTC.