Sprint's Improvement to their Network [Link]

adam.smith640

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So I recently read this statement/article/interview (whatever you want to call it) done by PC Mag that they acquired from Sprint execs at the CTIA 2012.

I'm encouraged to read that Sprint is taking the "Dominoe's" (we're messing up and doing something about it to fix it) approach to their major problems.

Here is the link, hopefully you find the information encouraging as well if you hadn't read anything previously about it:

Sprint: A Better Network is Coming | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So i was about to start a new thread but i'll jump on this. I had noticed slow down on Sprints network here in NYC. Nothing terrible, but floating bewteen 500-800Kbps for the last few months.

I started doing some more speed tests and i've been consistantly pulling over 1Mbp. Did one right now at 1.59Mbps down. Reading the Engadget Review they mentioned they saw much higher 3G speeds than previous phones.

Additionally, the Evo video review on The Verge show them doing a speed test that was over 1Mbp as well.

Not sure if its related or what, but interesting to note.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's great to see San Jose, CA is getting 44 enhancements in the next 6 months...

Next 6 months:
- 21 voice upgrades
- 10 data capacity upgrades
- 13 data speed upgrades

p1eric

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I recently read this statement/article/interview (whatever you want to call it) done by PC Mag that they acquired from Sprint execs at the CTIA 2012.

I'm encouraged to read that Sprint is taking the "Dominoe's" (we're messing up and doing something about it to fix it) approach to their major problems.

Here is the link, hopefully you find the information encouraging as well if you hadn't read anything previously about it:

Sprint: A Better Network is Coming | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

It is encouraging...and long overdue. The cynic in me wonders if there might be some fluff here just so Sprint can sell some LTE phones for a non-existent LTE network. I hope not.

crackmonke

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I won't fall for it again. I fell into it with the orginal evo and now my contract is ending and they're doing it all over again with the Evo LTE. You guys do realize that at&t and verizon are getting 2mbs on 3g, and 10 on the + stuff? I have never seen over 500kb. Even when I was on a wimax network out of state the maximum I got was 6mbs. It's makes me so mad I can't even use the "cost" argument anymore.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I won't fall for it again. I fell into it with the orginal evo and now my contract is ending and they're doing it all over again with the Evo LTE. You guys do realize that at&t and verizon are getting 2mbs on 3g, and 10 on the + stuff? I have never seen over 500kb. Even when I was on a wimax network out of state the maximum I got was 6mbs. It's makes me so mad I can't even use the "cost" argument anymore.

First off...Verizon does not have a "+" stuff...and yes AT&T and T-Mobile HSPA+ is fast...no denying that, GSM outclasses CDMA there.

Second off:
DSC02457.JPG

(note bottom one is on wifi so disregard)

20111017160248.png

3G

20110406014610.png

4G

Believe it or not some of us live in areas with excellent Sprint service so i'm not "falling" for anything. Sorry your service is not as dependable as mine has been for years.